• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Yost Literary Agency

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Sarah Younger earlier in the month. Today, I received an email with nothing but her contact information. No message. Anyone else ever get this from her? Is that her version of a confirmation or rejection?

My sense is that something was probably meant to be pasted in there, but the send button was hit too quickly. Recommend replying to that and asking if it was sent in error.

EddieDean19

Registered
Reaction score
FYI...

In case anyone queried or just plain got no response from Miss Adrienne: I queried her on 6/11/12 and decided to nudge yesterday (8/23) she got back to me saying her spam filter probably sucked up my original (and have read on querytracker, it did the same to others).

So perhaps another nudge?

And the best part: she requested a partial. (woohoo!)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know. She requested my work back in April and I nudged her twice since then and nothing. I doubt it if all my emails didn't go through.

KaiaSonderby

The Little Aspie That Could
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aerodaydreams.livejournal.com
I just want to double check something so I don't make any mistakes. For querying Sarah Younger, I can send 3 chapters as an attachment, yes? That looks right from what I'm seeing, but it's a bit vague to me and I want to be sure.

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to double check something so I don't make any mistakes. For querying Sarah Younger, I can send 3 chapters as an attachment, yes? That looks right from what I'm seeing, but it's a bit vague to me and I want to be sure.

On their general submission page, they say:

For electronic queries to Natanya Wheeler please paste the first three chapters into the body of your email, after your query letter.

Sample chapter attachments are acceptable for queries to Nancy Yost, Adrienne Rosado, and Sarah E. Younger.

While it is unusual for queries to allow attachments, rather than pasting material in the body of the e-mail, it does seem pretty specific here that those three agents are okay with attachments. Especially since they separated Natanya Wheeler out from the rest.

It's not clear for those three how many chapters, but you're probably safe with three.

S. L. Saboviec

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
FCameron, did you ever hear back from her? I'm also ready to query and the website still indicates one or three chapters.

WerbyG

Wandering aimlessly in the slush...
Registered
Reaction score
I've been on a subbing kick and have just subbed a 110k New Adult Fantasy to Adrienne Rosado. Here's hoping she's a quick responder! In the meantime::e2writer:guess I'll keep writing and spazzing out and writing some more . . .

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
Since her website states to send at least one chapter I sent one. Hope that didn't hurt my chances.

ralf58

shhh, I'm writing
Registered
Reaction score
I just got an e-mailed form rejection from Nancy Yost . . . replying to a query I sent way back on December 16, 2012. 19 months and 6 days has got to be some kind of record, don't you think?

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I just got an e-mailed form rejection from Nancy Yost . . . replying to a query I sent way back on December 16, 2012. 19 months and 6 days has got to be some kind of record, don't you think?

I just received one from September 2013. You win!

Stormer

Registered
Reaction score
Where oh where has this agent gone?

*bump*

Anyone queried (or heard from) Adrienne Rosado of late?

Was thinking about it, but am a little worried she doesn't seem to show up on the Nancy Yost Literary website, yet her twitter feed suggests she's still there. Any knowledge out there on the discrepancy?

-Stormer

Stormer

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I hate stalking agents. Info on Publishers Marketplace? (I don't have an account).

Stormer

atwhatcost

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Question about Natanya Wheeler. She's landed on QT as representing "Children's books," (MG, in my case), but according to all I've found she's into literary and thrillers. Does anyone know if she's up to repping an MG that is neither?

PMcKnight

Turning caffeine into novels
Registered
Reaction score
need some advice

I queried Nancy March 4 via QM, still haven't heard anything from her and I want to nudge but when I tap the contact form the only options are withdrawal or to let them know that someone else is putting in an offer.
Would it be a faux pas to push the 'offer' button to ask?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Yes? It's just a query, correct? At this point I would just write it off as a no-response-means-no and be pleasantly surprised if she responds later.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
My current holder of the longest wait for an actual rejection goes to Sara Younger today. Pleasant surprise, honestly, as I'd long written it off as CNR, so to get an actual response is pleasant. 244 days after querying. :D

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Natanya Wheeler on an MG Fantasy: 6/27/22
Rejection: 8/1/22