Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
You gonna hook more than Ted w/her.

For those of you who are interested, cat lives.

So, ah, anyone want a pitch black cat?
Super friendly.

:D

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
I'll find a shallow grave home for him somewhere.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
one too many cats already, I'm almost that crazy cat woman living on the corner...

and the black cat I have is a little demon, worst one of the bunch. She's always getting into trouble.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning :hi:

one too many cats already, I'm almost that crazy cat woman living on the corner...

and the black cat I have is a little demon, worst one of the bunch. She's always getting into trouble.

Almost that crazy??

If you say so.

:D

Watched Masters of Horror: Incident On and Off a Mountain Road.

Really good in case anyone wants a to watch.
50min long.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Masters Of Horror was screwed over when it was shown on terrestrial television in the UK during its' first run - stupid time slot and badly timed ad breaks. Watching the DVD is so much better, and you get a fair few bits and pieces thrown in as well. And the directors... Wow. I was seriously impressed.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
I had no idea that happened. Or anything about Masters of Horror aside from renting on Netflix.
Showtime aired the series, but not all if I remember correctly.(Promo trailers would come up on the onDemand channel.)

Not sure which one to rent next. Any suggestions? :D

Going to watch Penny Dreadful from The After Dark Horrorfest Collection tonight. Very excited :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The Masters Of Horror episode that will seriously affect you is Imprint. Takashi Miike is a sick, sick individual, and he knows how to turn the screws in just the right way to ramp up the tension. I love his work. :D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen a handful of them, keep forgetting they are on Netflix.

Now, if I only knew how to keep them from showing up in my "recently watched".
:idea:

Problem is, kiddos log into the system to watch kid flicks and up pops an image that scares the shite out of them. :eek:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't there a way to get it to put up a generic placeholder image rather than something from the episode, or a title screen? Hunt around in the settings to see if there is an option for that.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
We put a kid lock code thingy on our Netflix until kids were able to fully understand that if they sneak a watch of Mommy's scary movie the only one to be sorry is you, er them. 'Course my youngest is as old as your oldest... And they've watched LOTR bunches of times - scary monster faces don't bother them.

And Dude rapid fire questioned me at bedtime last night about what kills what - what kills a vampire? A werewolf? A mummy? Etc. He had a rather long list.

Never mind.

Kid lock code thingy. After that, never mind.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
my mom thought that would work with me. Way back before there were locks on TV's.... she was wrong. Now i'm a horror hound.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have the password protect on for content, but I don't think that changes the images (covers) that are displayed when the recently viewed pop up. Does it for you, Laurie? And I wonder, too, if it depends on what interface you're using--computer, game console, blu-ray player etc. I'm not entirely sure *what* settings I'm supposed to tweak. :tongue

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Ours is no longer locked and we go through our blu ray player, though when we were using the key code, we were using the Wii - this was before we got the blu ray.

When we were using the code, we'd key it in - without it, no titles are viewable - after having kids close eyes/turn away or when they were out of the room altogether and then pull up the que. We kept it organized so their shows were at the top of the list, my hubs choices (stuff with nonscary title art) was next, then mine. Kids were told when they saw Burn Notice to go back up the list. For the most part, they did. Usually.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
my mom thought that would work with me. Way back before there were locks on TV's.... she was wrong. Now i'm a horror hound.

When I was a kid we had 3 channels - NBC, CBS, and PBS. ABC, with a tower about 25 miles from where we lived, only came in if the wind blew the right way.

You wanted a child lock on your set? Pull off the dial (though we figured out a pair of pliers will substitute nicely) or hide the rabbit ears.

;)

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
There's a tab on Netflix just for kids. If you tell them to just click that right away, instead of letting things load, first, that should be safe? Though I'm not sure how that works through different media. It's what we've trained my little brother to do, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.