• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Folio Literary Management

dannyboylee

Querying Novel #1, Writing #2
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I showed the FolioLit site to the IT guy over at my office, and he called em up to let them know their site is full of spam. They are aware and are working to fix the problem.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
FYI, I was looking up info on Jita Fumich (still can't find any record of her sales or who her clients are!). There's a note on her page that says she's currently closed to queries.

"At this time, I’m closed to queries so that I can get through the fantastic queries currently in my inbox. I hope to reopen in a few months, so please do check back here later this summer."

Sounds like she's a bit backed up, which might explain the lack of response lately.

Author CJ Black

My Skin Is Thick enough, thank you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
New Info?

Jita Fumich's photo and bio are no longer on the Folio Lit page. I've had a query out to her for some time that I'd written off as a no-response until I saw her message about catching up on queries. However her Twitter page hasn't had a new posting since January and I can't find any other recent info about her. Does anyone have any current information?

Last edited:

Mellanah

Registered
Reaction score
Jita Fumich's photo and bio are no longer on the Folio Lit page. I've had a query out to her for some time that I'd written off as a no-response until I saw her message about catching up on queries. However her Twitter page hasn't had a new posting since January and I can't find any other recent info about her. Does anyone have any current information?

There's a comment over on QueryTracker: "No longer agenting effective 9/19/14" but I don't know where they got their information.

Author CJ Black

My Skin Is Thick enough, thank you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
I just saw that too, Mellanah. I can't find any further information as well. But considering it seems to be the most reasonable explanation.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted query to Emily van Beek 10/16/14 and received full request from her assistant on 10/24/14. *fingers crossed*

Erin Latimer

Stay in and write.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they're a "no from one means no from all" agency? I know it says "no simultaneous submissions" and that they work together closely.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they're a "no from one means no from all" agency? I know it says "no simultaneous submissions" and that they work together closely.

When I queried Jeff Kleinman a few years ago, he responded that he was forwarding my query to another agent at Folio, but also recommended a third to hit up next if she didn't bite. Unless you find something on their website suggesting otherwise (policies do change), I'd say it's fine to set your sites on another agent there if one declines.

Good luck! :Thumbs:

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Erin Harris yesterday (11/18/14) and received a request for a full today, on a two-week exclusive basis. It's ordinarily been my policy to defer any exclusives until the end of the querying process, but she is on my shortlist of dream agents (I have only sent out five queries so far, and she is the first to respond,) so I decided to go for it. Two weeks isn't so long to wait, right?

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Queried via online form 10/16/14
YA Post-Apocalyptic
Full Request 10/24/14
Full Sent 10/25/14
Form Rejection 10/28/14

xDream

Hopeful Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Queried via online form 10/16/14
YA Post-Apocalyptic
Full Request 10/24/14
Full Sent 10/25/14
Form Rejection 10/28/14

I'm really sorry to hear it. Keep going though. :D

xDream

Hopeful Fish
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Erin Harris yesterday (11/18/14) and received a request for a full today, on a two-week exclusive basis. It's ordinarily been my policy to defer any exclusives until the end of the querying process, but she is on my shortlist of dream agents (I have only sent out five queries so far, and she is the first to respond,) so I decided to go for it. Two weeks isn't so long to wait, right?

Ugh, the worst part of querying is the uncertainty and the waiting. But congratulations on your full request~

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
An update from me, since it may be of interest to others in the querying process: after two weeks without a peep, and other requests coming in, I sent Ms. Harris a nudge to remind her that the exclusive she'd asked for was about to expire. I received a form R within a couple of hours, and moved on.

While I understand that agents owe nothing to writers in terms of feedback, and I'm more than used to getting the boilerplate "thanks but no thanks" response by now, I think I'd have appreciated something more personal than a cut-and-paste rejection after putting my manuscript at an obvious disadvantage by honoring a request for an exclusive.

Water off a duck's back, I guess. I signed with my current agent in January, and she sold my book to a publisher two weeks ago, so take my complaint as a form of gratitude!

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Anyone know much about this agency? I may have an offer. They look great, but I am a tad concerned about one thing . . .

Thanks!

ETA: Please send me a PM.

ETAA: Got my mind all sorted out. Had a moment of uncertainty and needed a bit of a boost.

Last edited:

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know much about this agency? I may have an offer. They look great, but I am a tad concerned about one thing . . .

Thanks!

ETA: Please send me a PM.

I've never had any direct dealings with Folio--I don't think I ever made it past the partial stage with any of their agents--but this agency is one of the pillars of the New York publishing scene. You might have personality conflicts with the agents there, but they're certainly not schmagents. I would take their offer very seriously.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Just wanted to say that I never had doubts about the legitimacy and integrity of the agency. After receiving a master's degree in Publishing and hanging around here for years, I knew the contract was completely legitimate. I was suffering from nerves and was thinking of all the things that *could* go wrong. I've sorted my head out and am feeling much more confident, thanks in no small part to the great support I've received here at AW.

viridian6

Registered
Reaction score
i tried to query Erin Harris but kept getting errors on the submission form (safari & firefox). does she have a query email address?

rontiara

Registered
Reaction score
viridian6: I just used Erin Harris' submission form and received an automated "we got it" response in less than an hour. I was using Firefox, so apparently the glitches have been fixed. You might want to try again.

alphabetsoup1973

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from anybody at Folio Lit lately? I'm getting weird things from their website and I sent email over there and getting nothing back. I'm wondering if this is because the agent doesn't want to talk to me, or if there are legit email issues.