The W1S1 Check-in and Chill Lounge and Bar

Emptyeye

Registered
Reaction score
Well, started a story for this quarter's 10Flash prompt. I'm going to somehow need to flesh this out, though, as I don't think my "make fun of video game tropes [And specifically the construction of parties and the way combat works in early RPGs]" complaining is going to have enough words on its own.

I'll work on that some more tomorrow...I've put the story to bed for the night, thanks to this vodka I'm drinking. :p

Duncable

I iz a lady, ppl. Srsly.
Registered
Reaction score
*slinks in to report that she neither completed nor subbed a story in the month of September* :eek:

*rushes off to continue work on her WIP so she can report differently for the month of October!* :D

jazzman99

Recovering Academic
Registered
Reaction score
Another month, another rejection from Leodegraunce. Sigh.

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
I wrote two things in September (bringing me up to where I should be, since I missed an earlier month).

I subbed three things in September and one thing so far in October.

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
I wrote two things in September (bringing me up to where I should be, since I missed an earlier month).

I subbed three things in September and one thing so far in October.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
September stats: 'finished' 3 new stories, subbed 2 of those 3 to 3 markets and 6 older stories to 8 markets for a total of 11 subs.

Made 5 September deadlines (AW antho, Penumbra, On the Premises, Enchanted Conversations, Wily Writers), missed 2 (NPR 3-min fic, BayCon).

Good month--especially considering all the craziness that went down in life over the month.
Looking forward to October projects! Thoughts of dark attic toys and lost civilizations make my brain smile.

ETA: Yay! Finally today, 10/02, 11 p.m., I made my goal of getting 20 stories out there simultaneously. :D
Surely my odds of an acceptance are better now? heheh *cough*

Last edited:

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
My September stats:

4 new stories (2 flash, 2 shorts at 2K words and less)
11 submitted stories (a couple of these were submitted twice in the same month)

Now if only I could get an acceptance. :tongue

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I started a story after doing some research for a different story, and now want to reread the story this story is obviously referencing. But have a draft of something else due wednesday and things to grade. Sigh. I need to have no other obligations.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Got my story out to Leodegraunce yesterday. I was going to let it sit, but I don't think my shorter stuff tends to improve with marination, so I decided to just get it off my plate.

I currently have eight pieces out, none of which are very close to prime response time. And my total number submitted so far this year is 60. Go me.

Aggy, ignoring the swarm of crickets

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Heheh--thanks Sammy! :)
I'm pretty excited about the numbers, despite the current low acceptance rate!

I actually have 33 responses pending (from 20 stories out right now) and I'm looking forward to hearing back from many within the next month. *fingers crossed*

katsincommand

Writer, Not Quitter
VPXVI
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbonanno.com
*slinks in to report that she neither completed nor subbed a story in the month of September* :eek:

*rushes off to continue work on her WIP so she can report differently for the month of October!* :D

It happens to the best of us. Good luck with October!

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I actually have 33 responses pending (from 20 stories out right now) and I'm looking forward to hearing back from many within the next month. *fingers crossed*

33 is an awesome number! (I like threes)

I started a short story, and tried my hand at a 200 word one for Leo. Also, while it may be rejected any day, I'm at my second longest out for Clarkesworld (got one at 69 once, got the bolded "it came very close").

I have more still sitting out there too, just waiting for their fate.

Agonyzer

Writer, enthusiast, semipope
Registered
Reaction score
While poring over places to submit my novella, I have begun imagineering characters and settings for my W1S1 novel. I'm actually starting to twitch in anticipation of the November first start date. This project will be my first genre mash-up, so the it's challenging, but the research is fascinating!

victoriajakes

let me tell you about my dogs
Registered
Reaction score
Crickets pretty loud around here. Four things overdue, two of those waayy overdue. Gonna be bummed if it's just a bunch of late form rejections.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Just subbed to Pedestal for their Oct. issue prompt. Uhh, I took it to a very wrong place. :D

Emptyeye

Registered
Reaction score
Well, finished the second draft of my story for October. I'm going to send this off to 10Flash once I polish it up a bit more. Then I'll work on the "second" story I did for September but never submitted anywhere.

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just subbed to Pedestal for their Oct. issue prompt. Uhh, I took it to a very wrong place. :D

Yeah, but you got the prompt. It really shouldn't be there!

Good luck :)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Been a bit of a weird day for me. Still buzzing about recent good news. This morning I had the sudden thought "I should call Mom and tell her what's going on." And then remembered that's not possible. Just weird. It's been several years since I've forgotten she's not here.

And I put off writing today thinking I would get it done this evening but have other stuff to deal with first. Blech. Maybe tomorrow.

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
((((Aggy))))
I'm sure your Mom would be proud of your success.