Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
*runs through Cantina*
*slips behind the Cryo-boys*

I'm hiding from self-indulgent whims. Tell them you haven't seen me.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
*runs through Cantina*

When I first read that, I saw "self-indulgent twins" and thought ":e2brows: why would you hide from them?"

*cough* yeah, my mind's elsewhere...

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I have no good Indian place around here, cheap or otherwise.

The omission of the word "good" from my description of my own Indian food lunch was, alas, not unintentional.

College cafeteria Indian food, after all.

Bos, you should check her out. She is literally the funniest person on the Interwebz.

Although this person comes really, really damned close:
http://www.27bslash6.com/timesheets.html

There's a "Han shot first" joke in there, somewhere, but I'm not going to make it.

:roll:

Trying to appreciate the (unspoken) joke quickly before Lucas comes along and Ken-dolls the whole thing.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
In other-internet news, I have now been friended by two people with the same first name and very similar last names on FB that, for the last 20 years, I thought was the exact same person. It's making my head hurt trying to figure out how to subdivide everything I know about that person into the correct two halves, especially since neither has posted very many photos, and even looking at what photos there are it's still almost impossible to tell them apart.

:gaah

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The omission of the word "good" from my description of my own Indian food lunch was, alas, not unintentional.

College cafeteria Indian food, after all.

Still beats *none*.

I'd kill for those little samosa things. Or whatever they are called.

For reals.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's making my head hurt trying to figure out how to subdivide everything I know about that person into the correct two halves, especially since neither has posted very many photos, and even looking at what photos there are it's still almost impossible to tell them apart.

Twins, or is this a Jekyll and Hyde thing?

Or long lost twins?

:popcorn:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Twins, or is this a Jekyll and Hyde thing?

I... haven't figured out how they're two different people yet. There's a substantially different set of friends in common with each, but not enough to separate where I might have met each one first.

It's deeply embarrassing.

Maybe people subdivide when we're not looking.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, if I understand this correctly, Zan, for the past 20 yrs, IRL, you have always assumed these two people were the same, only to discover now, via FB, that they are not?

Bizarre.

But great story fodder.

:D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
So, if I understand this correctly, Zan, for the past 20 yrs, IRL, you have always assumed these two people were the same, only to discover now, via FB, that they are not?

Yes. Mind you, it/they aren't a person/people I've been particularly close to, but at least one if not both go back as far as high school. And they have the exact same hair.

I was friended by one more than two years ago, and then when I got the friend request from the other one I figured the first one must've dropped me by accident, but no. Their posting style/language use is just enough different that I'm convinced they are indeed two separate people, but I'll be damned if I can figure out over all these years which one was which.

Thank all the gods that nothing awkward (*cough*) ever transpired between us.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible you've only ever known the one, and the second one - who friended you first - is someone just eerily similar enough for you to have made the assumption it was the person you knew, hence the friending?

*adds to growing list of reasons why I don't use FB*

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, here is what you do.

Late one night, preferably a Friday night, send them an email with something like this....

Dude, you are NOT going to believe this, but I've just had a brain fart and just cannot for the life of me, remember who you are. I mean I know who you are, but could you help refresh my memory? Please?

Then on Monday, send a second email...

OMG, that mail I sent of Friday? I sent it to the wrong person. Just delete it 'k? I knew who you were.

Hopefully between mails 1 and 2, you will get the reply that jogs your memory. Do not respond until Monday though, then you can pretend you were away for the weekend, or suffering from the hangover from the drinking that caused you to send an idiot mail on Friday.

It works. Trust me. ;)

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
Heya!

Thanks for the book love!!! (I may be a wee bit hungover right now...heh)

Boo, Hilary. I think we should club together to buy you your own pirate ship. I know that makes no sense. Just nod.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*nods*

pirate-gang.gif

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
In other-internet news, I have now been friended by two people with the same first name and very similar last names on FB that, for the last 20 years, I thought was the exact same person. It's making my head hurt trying to figure out how to subdivide everything I know about that person into the correct two halves, especially since neither has posted very many photos, and even looking at what photos there are it's still almost impossible to tell them apart.

:gaah

This is freaking me out. What if I'm doing the same thing right now with one/two people? What if I'm one of a one/two people misunderstanding?

Boo, Hilary. I think we should club together to buy you your own pirate ship. I know that makes no sense. Just nod.

*nods* (it does make sense, sadly) I shall christen it Banderas Trent D'arby, and it will have cannons. Oh yes, it will have canons.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations! :Hug2:
CAT! It's tomorrow there, isn't it?

HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY

:hooray::hooray::partyguy::snoopy::snoopy: :partyguy: :hooray::hooray:

A :Hug2: for Nakhlasmoke as well.

Forgive my lateness and poor communication etiquette. You can slap me when you stop bouncing. If it were me, I'd be bouncing for several days at least, I'll wait.

But honest to goodness, real :hooray::hooray::hooray:s for you!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
This is freaking me out. What if I'm doing the same thing right now with one/two people? What if I'm one of a one/two people misunderstanding?

There are two other people with the same name as me on Facebook. One of the others has a Facebook friend with the same name as one of my Facebook friends - though not the same person. That was weird.

I also had an email from "myself" once, saying hello. :)

And good morning Cantina. Off to work in a little while.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure our 10 goes all the way to 11.

And then some.

Thanks, Bos! :heart:

Well, someone had to say it.

Besides, she'll forgive me for it. Eventually. I hope.

Wait, it was offensive? :e2bummed:

*runs through Cantina*

Hi Hillz! What are you doing here-- No, I was just... checking up on them. I swear. Cleaning the cryo chamber. Yes. That.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Dagnabbit! My male MC just got himself arrested and I'm less than a thousand words into this novel. I'm starting to get scared of what the female MC is gonna pull on me when she shows up.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I wanna write a story about space pirates. something really silly and fun. Anybody got an objection to space pirates?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wanna write a story about space pirates. something really silly and fun. Anybody got an objection to space pirates?

Heck no.

Space cowboys were some of my favorite TV characters, so a little space-aaarrgg would do me just fine.

*waits for novel to be completed*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Heck no.

Space cowboys were some of my favorite TV characters, so a little space-aaarrgg would do me just fine.

*waits for novel to be completed*

I got a pretty good idea of the crew, and a sorta-kinda basic plot. I just can't figure out how space pirates would conduct their piracy.

Instead of shooting their targets until they surrender, I was thinking more along the lines of sabotage. Find a ship on a busy spaceport, slip aboard, do some sabotage of some sort that would incapacitate without killing. Then follow the ship into space, wait for the malfunction, and then do the Good Samaritan routine.

"Oh, yes, we have just that part for you. Let me charge you three times its actual value, because you're stuck for it." They install the part, and while on the ship, steal them blind.

Less swashbuckle-y than I like, but it has the advantage of being quasi feasible.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.