Status
Not open for further replies.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
*wanders through*

:hi:

Just passing through. Brain is too dead and mushy to do much of anything lately.

I need more of these :sleepy:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Well, I get spam too. The abusive tweets came because I wrote something on my blog about how books that are racist/sexist/misogynist actually do matter and how we should all try to overcome stereotypes and present well-rounded characters. Cue butt-hurt male calling me stupid and telling me I "argue for censorship" and then mansplaining to me why my opinion is THE WRONG OPINION. And then getting annoyed when I told him to leave me alone.

You can find the whole thing on my Twitter page. Very illuminating.

I had to go respond to the idiot, but I deleted the nasty name I called him. So I was all classy and shit. I did end my tweet wtih "thanks for playing" though, so I'm sure that was in bad taste.... what an asshat

Yeah but you're not a douchebag. And I bet you weren't tenaciously telling her she's stupid, infantile, needs to grow up and is embarrassing herself.

no - he's not... a douchebag would have Greedo as his avatar. Cobramisfit is straight up class. :)

Oh, and self-rightous co-worker is already being self-rightous. I doubt I spelled that right.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Actually...

Is it wrong of me that I'm giving serious thought to that idea? [ETA: the charging to read idea, not the Psycho body parts one]

Obviously it would be a con, and I'd be taking money from poor saps who didn't know any better, but I suspect it would be very easy to do this in such a way that, while a con, it's a *legal* con, without very much fuss or mess. And I could make quite a bit of spending cash.
You could charge people for a professional critique. Like, "I'll read the first three chapters and provide detailed feedback on what you need to improve to get published" kinda thing. That wouldn't be scammy, it would be an honest business transaction.

You would actually have to read and critique the things, though.

I had to go respond to the idiot, but I deleted the nasty name I called him. So I was all classy and shit. I did end my tweet wtih "thanks for playing" though, so I'm sure that was in bad taste.... what an asshat

Yeah I saw that. Also the part where he called you an idiot and told you to "look up gender". Guy's a total waste of space, just ignore him. Clearly has some unresolved mother/father/sister issues or whatever.

But thanks for trying :)

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
You could charge people for a professional critique. Like, "I'll read the first three chapters and provide detailed feedback on what you need to improve to get published" kinda thing. That wouldn't be scammy, it would be an honest business transaction.

You would actually have to read and critique the things, though.

True. And people do pay for professional-level editing. But it will take actual work. Because, remember, easy things are a CRUEL ILLUSION!!!

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
yeah, I thought his problem was the gender equality post... I thought he was being a misogynist. I directed him to read your post on sexism as well.

:)

and now I'm done. I'm getting sandpapered all over the place this morning and feel lot less chipper about feeding the trolls on the internet as well as real life.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
See, this undermines the chief appeal of my above plan.

:D
Yeah... I thought it might :p

yeah, I thought his problem was the gender equality post... I thought he was being a misogynist. I directed him to read your post on sexism as well.

Hahahahahaha lol I just read it, particularly the bit where he claims not to have said anything "remotely misogynist" oh, hahhaha, looolll, :ROFL: sorry. *ahem*

Oh that is priceless. Hey guys! There's nothing remotely misogynist about insulting woman, calling them "infantile" and mansplaining everything to them! Mr Douchebag is the epitome of gender equality and fairness.

Oh... oh my... I think I need to go and lie down somewhere... :ROFL:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
True. And people do pay for professional-level editing. But it will take actual work. Because, remember, easy things are a CRUEL ILLUSION!!!

Heh. I have a blog post prepared on something similar, but I don't want to deal with the whining and accusations that will follow it. Le sigh...

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
You know, it's one thing to have all kinds of ads on the site for items I've searched for... but now I have a ke110g's ad, and I put cereal on my shopping list... manually... with a pencil even. I mean, it's not pen, I could change it... and yet somehow, the internets... they know...

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My Kindle arrived today. I loaded it with the following book: Sorry I Ruined Your Orgy.

It's free :D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
You know, it's one thing to have all kinds of ads on the site for items I've searched for... but now I have a ke110g's ad, and I put cereal on my shopping list... manually... with a pencil even. I mean, it's not pen, I could change it... and yet somehow, the internets... they know...

That's freaky.

My wedding anniversary is today: 26 years.

That's fantastic. Congrats!

My Kindle arrived today. I loaded it with the following book: Sorry I Ruined Your Orgy.

It's free :D

That's...that may be the saddest title I've ever heard.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com

In a bid to save your sanity, and your cash - if you have Firefox, there is an add-on called 'No script' that will block some of your ads. You can apply manual filters to turn back on the stuff you actually did want, but it'll save you being stalked by mad adverts.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Also... I'm watching, and rather enjoying, Hop. Is that wrong?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks. I just came for some SFF mags. I'll be taking the teleporter to Ponyville and then getting on the train to Wherever Is Farthest. Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.