Publish America's Carousel of Magically Rotating Email Offers

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Additionally, copies will go to ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC.

Wow. I know some of the individuals at ABC would likely be pissed that their company is even mentioned in a scam like this. :(

Have any of the aforementioned studios raised a complaint as of yet?

Not Write Now

Total N00b
Registered
Reaction score
Just to note, PA is now spamming me from @mail.vresp.com, now that I've blocked their domain with my spam filter.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Amazon contacted PublishAmerica, and according to the latest PA email Amazon wants to increase sales of my print book. Mine? Specifically? Wow. I'm buying this latest pitch all the way.

Amazon is launching Kindle Matchbook. When someone buys a print copy of my book, the customer will receive a "strongly discounted offer" to download the ebook for $2.99 or less. Supposedly, for an only $29 activation fee, PA will enroll my book+ebook into the program. Or, if I don't have my book as an ebook yet (what took me so long?), PA will convert it to an ebook AND enroll it in the program for $59. The spendiflourous beauty of this is that even people who bought my book in the past will get a nice email saying the bundled ebook is now available!

Okay, speniflourousness aside, the Kindle Matchbook is a legitimate thing Amazon is starting. However, does anyone know if Amazon passes the costs on to the publishers? (I imagine it does) I am nearly 10000% sure no other publishers other than vanities pass the costs on to the authors.

And if Amazon suddenly sends me an email saying EVERY book I've bought from them since 1995 is now available as a bundled ebook that will be enough for me to stop buying from them.

Here's the PA offer: http://www.publishamerica.net/MatchBookNow.html

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just to note, PA is now spamming me from @mail.vresp.com, now that I've blocked their domain with my spam filter.

Two updates to this thread in one minute! I sense a disturbance in the Force.

They removed me from their email list when I started posting their emails here. Can't blame them. But they started again when I moved. I don't get the six or so per day I used to (maybe one every two weeks), so I wonder if they maintain several email lists, and either add all their active contracts to new lists, or don't scrub whiney butts like me from all of their lists.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
From what I read about the Amazon Matchbook, they only had/have 18 thousand titles signed up at this point. But according the the article, based on publishers contracts, Amazon can do this with any print book listed on Amazon, so long as Amazon pays the publisher/author royalty on the list price...

So...even if you did not do the PA deal, but your print book is still for sale on Amazon, then Amazon can Matchbook .

In other words, you don't need the PA deal...