• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Full Circle Literary Agency

UntouchableGreen

Registered
Reaction score
Sent Sara a query on 8/5 and she asked for a partial on 8/10. Haven't heard anything since, but I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Inkylines

Registered
Reaction score
Sara said her colleagues were on vacation this past week, fyi.

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Sara on Friday, I believe. Nothing yet.

sperrynluv

Bundle up. It's cold out there.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
comeoutwhenyourehappy.blogspot.com
Taylor Martindale just joined Full Circle. She did a contest on Operation Awesome and requested my query yesterday. Still doing a victory dance!

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Taylor on 10/12 and got a request for a full a few minutes ago. So a five day turnaround? Not bad. I understand she's new, so she might be looking to build her list, right?

Anyway, sending it out in a bit. She seems super nice.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
She's not that new. She's been an agent at another agency for the past couple of years.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
She's not that new. She's been an agent at another agency for the past couple of years.

Sorry, I meant new to full circle.

To be honest, I wasn't sure whether agents took all of their clients with them when they switched agencies. I gather fromyour reply, however, that they do. So I guess she just liked my pages.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that Ms. Martindale will be judging next week's round of "An Agent's Inbox" on my blog. I'll be back Friday morning with a link to the contest alert, but if you wanted to check things out in the meantime, this link will take you to some general information about the contest and links to past rounds:

http://motherwrite.blogspot.com/p/agents-inbox.html

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like a great contest, Krista.

I queried Taylor M. on Nov. 1, and she requested a full on Nov. 3rd. When I sent it, she replied that she got it and would get back to me in a couple of weeks. I agree, she seems very nice (and fast - love that!)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, Sheila! Congrats!

I just got a full request from Sara. A truly lovely full request that made me very happy!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
My query for the YA version of the novel I had sent last year made it into Krista's contest. Although I didn't win a partial request, Ms. Martindale did say she'd read on. So that, in effect, was an invitation to query with 10 pages.

So I did!

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com
Aaaannnn.... it's been over a week with no response. I wonder if it went through. I've been getting that a lot lately.

I sent an EQ on 10/19 and haven't heard back either if it makes you feel any better. Oh! Also, I did see on QT that there are a few people in the same boat and she is slowly working through her query pile.

Fingers crossed that no interwebs spam monsters ate our emails :)

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Aaaannnn.... it's been over a week with no response. I wonder if it went through. I've been getting that a lot lately.

Chumplet, if it makes you feel any better, I queried her the day the contest opened (November 14) and still haven't heard back. But I have been in touch with her over the last couple of weeks, and she let me know that she saw my query and plans to check out the sample pages soon, so I think she's just fallen behind, what with the contest and Thanksgiving and all.

Good luck to you! I was happy to see that she invited you to submit a few more pages.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Thanks, ladies. That's encouraging. I've had so many instances where agents who always responded never responded to me. An agent actually contacted me on AW when I mentioned he hadn't received my query. I ended up sending from another address and it worked.

I don't mind rejections. I actually prefer them to the sound of crickets! :)

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Thanks, ladies. That's encouraging. I've had so many instances where agents who always responded never responded to me. An agent actually contacted me on AW when I mentioned he hadn't received my query. I ended up sending from another address and it worked.

I don't mind rejections. I actually prefer them to the sound of crickets! :)

i have had MAJOR crickets in the last couple weeks -- agents who are reputed to be fast, agents who have responded to others who queried after me. it's enough to make a girl paranoid. but i use a really reliable email provider and i'm occasionally getting a response here and there, so i'm just trying to trust that it's the time of year!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
HA! so, i complained here of my crickets, and then i was rewarded with THREE REJECTIONS IN ONE DAY.

however, that was followed up by a partial request from Stefanie von Borstel!!

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Yay Joy!

It's such a roller coaster ride, isn't it? Rejections - Requests. The only difference is that the waiting comes after, and it's the hardest part (at least, for me).

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Heard back from Ms. Martindale today.

Queried 11/14
Partial request received 12/12

MG historical science fiction

She admitted that the pages didn't completely draw her in but that the concept really intrigued her, so she was willing to give it a few more pages before she made up her mind. Not the best way to start a request, but it's better than a rejection, I suppose.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
congrats, Krista. that's kind of weird that she bothered to tell you that ... but maybe she's trying not to get your hopes up? anyway, congrats!

Thanks, JoyMC. I think this may be a case in which she wouldn't have requested at all if not for our previous history. She's read other manuscripts of mine, and we've worked together on a lot of blog stuff, so I think she gave me the benefit of the doubt but still wanted to be upfront and honest about where she was at. I appreciate that, and who knows? Maybe those first 50 pages will grab her.