My Online, Social Presence

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
Hello, my name is Fuzzyredscarf. No, maybe it was StrawberryFlower? Just call me Strawberrii. Did I ever tell you I don't like strawberries? How about Melaniipon? You could always go by my birth name Stephanie, or my nickname of Stephy.

Was there a point in that? Maybe.

Online, I'm not bound to just my house to make contact with the outside world. I can open myself up for friendship to others just by making posts on forums, updates on Twitter, or simply through an IM service.

When you have a huge fear of driving, plus other mental disabilities, like myself, you tend be at home most of the time while your only "driver" is working for 8 or even 9 hours every weekday.

I'm plan to work one day - as soon as someone's willing to hire me for their company. In the mean time, I'll just write this novel (which by the way has nearly 18 thousand words out of a possible 80 thousand).

Right now I have accounts on Twitter and a blog called Bubbly Musings. They are both a bit... silly. I'm debating if I should have "professional" versions - without vulgar language that occasionally spit out, suggestive re-tweets that make me "lol", and without the silly name of the blog that means nothing.

Should I be afraid of what others might, think? Probably not. I almost want to start my blog all over just because I hate the url, but I can't actually change it without a fee.

Since I haven't even made a difference to the world yet - through writing or working, I don't know why I care. It feels right, though.

Am I really silly? You can tell me if I am!

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Strawberrii,

I am glad you posted! I looked at your blog, and you sure have an amazing talent for artistic drawing. I have my own skill sets, but art is definitely NOT one of them, beyond stick figures. Yep. I even have my students draw for me if needed (or write for that matter, since my writing is usually not too legible). I am great at many things, but not art, so I love seeing natural talent.

I think having a place for yourself is not silly.

However, I think with your talent, your blog already has some professional aspects to it, but perhaps you might improve it with one little big thing- be nicer to yourself. :) I noticed a theme of saying sorry for such a long wait between posts, or just down on yourself related to that. I think if you delete some of those statements, new readers would be better able to just see the posts you wrote and pictures you drew, and appreciate them.

You seem to have a sweet spirit, so I just want to encourage you to let that part show and keep any silliness that goes with it, letting your true self shine through. The rest of your personality on the blog (from my quick first impression, of course, fwiw) seemed fun and relaxed, so I think you have a great start there!

Last edited:

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Should I be afraid of what others might, think? Probably not. I almost want to start my blog all over just because I hate the url, but I can't actually change it without a fee.

Never be afraid of what other might think. That's my opinion, of course, but there it is.

You could always start a separate, "professional" blog if you needed one. The fact that you're writing at all is good thing--I've struggled with mine for a while.

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
WHOA. I JUST REALIZED THIS THREAD OF MINE GOT OTHER POSTS.

Anyway.

atthebeach said:
I looked at your blog, and you sure have an amazing talent for artistic drawing.

Thanks! I'm still trying to get better, though... >>

atthebeach said:
be nicer to yourself.

This is so difficult as someone who often despises myself. :p

atthebeach said:
You seem to have a sweet spirit, so I just want to encourage you to let that part show and keep any silliness that goes with it, letting your true self shine through. The rest of your personality on the blog (from my quick first impression, of course, fwiw) seemed fun and relaxed, so I think you have a great start there!

*blushes* Heh. I haven't updated in a long time, actually. I guess I'm not sure what to say. Maybe that isn't true...? o.o

WriterBN said:
You could always start a separate, "professional" blog if you needed one

I did think about this, yes. :D

craziichas

Registered
Reaction score
I think being silly is fun. I am now following you. :) you are a great artist too!

henmatth

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Don't consider yourself silly because you have plans of writing a blog or probably a novel. Silly people don't do that.

For me, you should venture into this hobby, passion, forte ... or whatever you may call it. Just have confidence in yourself. Write an interesting or compelling story. At first, it is difficult ... but once you get the feel of your writing skills, words will just flow out of your mind.

Have some critics ... they are the first one to make comments about your work.
So good luck!