Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Bravo to everyone! And hj...I'm with Ken. Chocolate and a break. Two things that are always helpful.

2124 today. Stopped at the end of a chapter, which I hate doing; I like breaking in the middle, so I can pick up with some momentum. But my brain is tapioca tonight, so there ya go.

And somewhere along the way I broke 30,000 words. Yikes!

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
It's a lot better than me, osg. 203 yesterday and none so far today. But...the night is still young.;)

Words are words. The more of them the better, but you can still have a party with just a few...

Update on wordage for the day. The workday is coming to an end soon, and for some reason I seem to get more writing done on the WIP at work than at home, at least lately. So, today's final word tally is, drumroll please...................892! Bringing the WIP total to 11109!

Yeah, I know, not astronomical numbers, but you try writing at your day job. :tongue No excuses, but it was also 90% dialog! *ack*

I trust you are referring to lunch breaks in the day job, Ken... :D Not that I would ever scavenge time from my day job to write, no sirree...

I like writing dialogue. It's fun and it bumps up the word count like nobody's business...

2124 today. Stopped at the end of a chapter, which I hate doing; I like breaking in the middle, so I can pick up with some momentum. But my brain is tapioca tonight, so there ya go.

And somewhere along the way I broke 30,000 words. Yikes!

Congrats, liz! Good wordage makes up for tapioca braininess.

Sorry for moaning the last coupe of days. I'm just feeling like I'm a long way behind (which I am - 1,500 out of a target of 10,000 with most of the month gone already!). But I think the words I have are pretty good, so that will have to do instead...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of chocolate, HJ. :D

After the holidays? That's a long time not to be writing, but then I'm sure the family will be keeping you busy over the next month and a half. :flag: What you really need is a sabbatical, get away from it all. :e2cloud9:

Bravo to everyone! And hj...I'm with Ken. Chocolate and a break. Two things that are always helpful.

I have indulged in plenty of chocolate! :D And there is a plan for a break. A really, really nice, long-overdue break. :) I'll feel much better after that.

Congrats on 30K, liz!

Sorry for moaning the last coupe of days. I'm just feeling like I'm a long way behind (which I am - 1,500 out of a target of 10,000 with most of the month gone already!). But I think the words I have are pretty good, so that will have to do instead...

:Hug2: You're making forward progress and that's huge! Just keep moving ahead.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have indulged in plenty of chocolate! :D And there is a plan for a break. A really, really nice, long-overdue break. :) I'll feel much better after that.

You going anywhere nice, HJ?

2,014 words for me last night. I may even keep some of 'em.:D

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
lizmonster - Congrats on hitting 30k!

Ken - You're so lucky. I can't write at work at all...

Nothing last night. Between a 2-day migraine and more wrist issues, I decided to take the night off. Tonight I'll be back at it.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Ken - You're so lucky. I can't write at work at all...

Nothing last night. Between a 2-day migraine and more wrist issues, I decided to take the night off. Tonight I'll be back at it.

Just one of the perks of being the Lotus Notes admin. Of course there are times that I wish I was a lot busier. Makes the day drag on when it's slow.

Sorry to hear about the migranes and your wrist. Hope you're feeling better. :Hug2:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Another day of writing at the day job. :D Knocked out another chapter, and one scene includes a HUGE plot twist. ;)

Total WC today, 955, bringing the WIP above the 12K mark to 12066 words! :snoopy:

**For the latest, see the LOD thread** (shameless plug)

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Excellent words, everyone! (Slow words are just as good as fast ones, osg - sometimes better.)

2191 today. I am really getting burned out. I suppose that goes with the territory. Also, although some things have happened, more things have to happen before it really gets going. And I'm already 32K in. I think I talk too much!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, Ken!!

*hugs* lizmonster on being burnt out.

onesecondglance - It'll pick up. ;)

1,575 words last night. Wrist and head are doing much better!

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Saoirse.

Congrats on the words everyone.

Haven't managed any writing today. Darn RL, always interfering with the important stuff.:D

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Glad to hear your wrist and head are better, Saoirse. Congrats on the words too. :D

At the day job and it is nuts today. Our ISP in GB is having issues and we are getting bombarded with calls for slow internet connections. I found a work around for mine by switching my proxy to the EU and now have no issue. Unfortunately, we can't do that for everyone. Ces't la vie.

Have managed a few words on the next chapter this morning, but not a ton. Hoping to get more tonight and this weekend. Only 157 so far. :(

ETA: Ended up with another 210 words yesterday, for a meager 367. Oh well, today is another day.

Last edited:

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
November is officially more than half over and I am at 36,133 for my NaNo project. I might actually finish the rough draft by month's end! I am making really good progress on this and I even have a climax for the ending in place in my head. Really pleased with this...

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
November is officially more than half over and I am at 36,133 for my NaNo project. I might actually finish the rough draft by month's end! I am making really good progress on this and I even have a climax for the ending in place in my head. Really pleased with this...

Go, Matt! :e2cheer:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats everyone on the awesome word counts!

My next excuse? My laptop died. I think November is conspiring to stop me getting any work done. However, whilst it was dead, and before I got a new one, I managed to clear some boxes from the living room and get the couch put down. So now I have a shiny new laptop and somewhere to sit. Surely that is a combination that will produce words...

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I'm behind on the NaNo word count, but my story just showed up, so that's all right. I was trying to figure out the whys and wherefores of three new characters and suddenly figured where the story should go from here. Now to give those characters actual names... :D

I'm traveling tomorrow to visit family for Thanksgiving, but I'll still have Internet access and check in from there. The flight leaves way too early in the morning.

Anybody else read the pep talks from the NaNoWriMo site? I think "THE PEARS ARE LAUGHING AT YOU, MY FRIEND" is my new motto. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,575 words last night. Wrist and head are doing much better!

Two good things for writing! I'm glad to hear you're doing better.

Haven't managed any writing today. Darn RL, always interfering with the important stuff.:D

RL can be such a pain. Part of my RL told me last night, rather plaintively, that he was looking forward to me hitting 50K so that maybe I could take a break and, you know, talk to him a little bit.

Have managed a few words on the next chapter this morning, but not a ton. Hoping to get more tonight and this weekend. Only 157 so far. :(

Words is words!

This is TREMENDOUS! Congratulations! I love working out the ending.

My next excuse? My laptop died.

This...may actually be a legitimate excuse. Sorry, Zelenka. Hardware can be horrible.

I'm behind on the NaNo word count, but my story just showed up, so that's all right.

I think mine is just starting to show up, too. I'm remembering that this happened to me last time - I pretty much got through my whole initial draft before I started to understand what I was trying to say. There's the plot, and then there's The Point. Not yet sure of The Point of this one, but I'm getting closer.

Anybody else read the pep talks from the NaNoWriMo site? I think "THE PEARS ARE LAUGHING AT YOU, MY FRIEND" is my new motto. :D

I love the pep talks. I start feeling like I'm at a high school slumber party, and we're all punchy and telling really silly ghost stories with the lights out and a flashlight shining under our chins.

(Okay, I'm pretty sure that made no sense at all.)

2224, and ended another chapter. Which is good, because when I started it, I wasn't sure how I was going to end it!

Go, everybody, small word counts and large! :e2cheer:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks everyone!

knightrunnermat - Most excellent!

Wrote 1,687 words and finished the first draft of my short story for the antho. Yay!

Nothing on my Nano book, trying to take care of my wrists. Today I'll be back at it.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
1291 for today, if you count the huge chunks I "borrowed" from the first draft. Amazing wordage from everyone - congrats!

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse

RL can be such a pain. Part of my RL told me last night, rather plaintively, that he was looking forward to me hitting 50K so that maybe I could take a break and, you know, talk to him a little bit.
Well? Did you talk to RL?:D

Saoirse: Congrats on finishing the first draft of your short story.

ong: 'Borrowed' chunks definitely count.;)

My writing at the moment is either a feast or a famine. Today it was a feast - 2,633 words so far.:Jump:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I shouldn't even be posting this, not with all of the awesome word counts today. Sad to say I only managed a meager 450 words. :(

Started this chapter yesterday and it's not going well. Kelli is not being as forthcoming as usual, and she won't tell me why. I don't think I forgot her birthday or our anniversery, but maybe I did. All she will say is, "You know what you did." For the life of me, I can't figure out what I did. Women! :Shrug:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I shouldn't even be posting this, not with all of the awesome word counts today. Sad to say I only managed a meager 450 words. :(

Started this chapter yesterday and it's not going well. Kelli is not being as forthcoming as usual, and she won't tell me why. I don't think I forgot her birthday or our anniversery, but maybe I did. All she will say is, "You know what you did." For the life of me, I can't figure out what I did. Women! :Shrug:

I have one word for you, Ken - CHOCOLATE. Feed Kelli chocolate and I'll bet she'll tell you anything. (Okay, not anything, you'd need alcohol for that, but it will be pretty darn close.:D)

I've managed another 384 wo:hooray:rds.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
1291 for today, if you count the huge chunks I "borrowed" from the first draft. Amazing wordage from everyone - congrats!

That certainly counts!

Well? Did you talk to RL?:D

Saoirse: Congrats on finishing the first draft of your short story.

ong: 'Borrowed' chunks definitely count.;)

My writing at the moment is either a feast or a famine. Today it was a feast - 2,633 words so far.:Jump:

Thanks, and awesome on the words!

Still they're words. I say feed her chocolate, too. ;)

I have one word for you, Ken - CHOCOLATE. Feed Kelli chocolate and I'll bet she'll tell you anything. (Okay, not anything, you'd need alcohol for that, but it will be pretty darn close.:D)

I've managed another 384 wo:hooray:rds.

Excellent!

929 words for me.