Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you really into gardening and stuff? I've tried several times but I either kill the plant or a friend steals it (they call it 'rescuing').

To some extent. We plant flowers and things around the house (had to give up my rose bush and the raspberries when I moved :( ) and last year was the first year we put in a garden. But we - as in my daughter and I - liked it, and we like fresh veggies, and it's *cheaper* if you do it right than buying in the store, so...

But that's the extent of it.

:)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Another 80-degree day here in Oklahoma. It was already too warm for a lightweight jacket by 10am this morning. No rain expected again until maybe Friday.

My Smashwords royalties almost doubled overnight the other night hours after I put up my third new technologies volume for my old FOTS game (part of an extensive FOTS backlist I'm slowly putting up).

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello hounds! How is everyone today?

Hey is the bar open right now? For the first time ever i really really need a drink... You wouldn't believe what happened to me today in class. I think i deserve a metal for not strangling my professor. Clearly the dean must have talked to him...

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh The zombie is acting bartender? Oh.... sorry i thought it was walking target practice! Well either which way he gets the job done, i can drink up and let out my anger!

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like good times amongst the Hounds today. Open bars and dragons seem like a bad combo... then again, this place could use a little burn-out every now and again.

Speaking of burning out, this Inspiring True Life Story of an Immigrant Achieving the American Dream and So Much More is killing my ability to sit down and write. I need to do more research about HOW this is usually done, because I've written two full novel drafts, and I hate them both (and so does he).

For now, I'm all for using the old drafts as fuel for a fire. If the alcohol at the open bar won't do, that is.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
*tops off everyone's drink*

Hubs passed his test!

:snoopy:

Congrats! :D

Sounds like good times amongst the Hounds today. Open bars and dragons seem like a bad combo... then again, this place could use a little burn-out every now and again.

Speaking of burning out, this Inspiring True Life Story of an Immigrant Achieving the American Dream and So Much More is killing my ability to sit down and write. I need to do more research about HOW this is usually done, because I've written two full novel drafts, and I hate them both (and so does he).

For now, I'm all for using the old drafts as fuel for a fire. If the alcohol at the open bar won't do, that is.

BRIMONSTER! Sorry you're struggling with your writing. Maybe its a case of hating it now and letting it rest for a few weeks/months and coming back to it again with fresh eyes. *hugs*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
50? yikes. We have a 20 degree drop...down to 60. It's great for golf (I got a round in today).

Yes, 50. We were at 74 on Friday. As of today we're dropping into the mid 20's tonight.

Which is why all my outdoor plants were in planters, because I knew - I KNEW - the weather was just too good to be true.

Also, someone explain to me how strapping a battery pack to your stomach improves your abs??

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I surprised a very good friend with flowers this morning at her place of work. I gave her 2 Starfighter Lilly stems (which were full of flowers) and she was astounded (to be honest, once they were in the vase I also gave her and had been trimmed, the blooms opened up and they were awesome).

She said no one had given her flowers like that in years.

I did give her a Calla Lily potted plant a couple weeks back for her birthday, but it didn't garner the same reaction (it was still enthusiastic, just without the "surprise" appeal).

I'm preparing her lunch/ dinner Wednesday (chicken parmigiana).

I think I might like this person...

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Good luck, Greg!

I found out today that the place my friends want me to get hired at goes through people faster than my current employer. Only there, no warnings, just fired. It's high-pressure sales almost like a boiler room. I don't need that no matter how good the money is or what they promise.

Off to write something inspiring. Or insipid. We'll see what poops out.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Ted, We've had a, um, multiple-exchange conversation on FB over the last few hours, publically, with no attempt to conceal how we might feel about one another. It's there. It's been there for awhile. She was, er, otherwise associated for awhile, and I was just too frakking stupid to tell her how I felt. I still am. But I think I managed to detail it today.

She's rebounding, so there won't be any funny business from me for awhile, but, goddam, I care more for this person than anyone I've had feelings for in 20 years. I seriously do not want to screw this up.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all that have had good news today, and :( for the bad weather. High 80's here. :Shrug:

Not staying just dropped by to poke the zombie with a stick.

Off to bed. Goodnight hounds. Nightmares to you all. :)

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
I seriously do not want to screw this up.
Good luck, Greg.
I'm working on a relationship that doesn't involve duct tape. It feels weird, but I'm told it would be worth it.
Duct tape? That's so passé. Didn't you know that ropes are the new black? Really now, Ted, you should keep yourself informed. :tongue

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
oohhh love is in the air!

Good luck guys hope the ladies see what kind of fine gentlemen you are and don't peek in the closets too soon! lol

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need a curse laid on some IT folks.

Uni's server just *ate* two weeks worth of submitted assignments. There was, apparently, no back-up.

:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.