Done, done, and almost done

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmg2010

jmg
Registered
Reaction score
I offer my own congratulations! The dancing bananas are very. Like you, I find a release in writing that I value and know I will cherish and keep close, ever.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone.

More news. Refer to my new avi, Catnip will be released tomorrow by DevineDestinies in digital form only, and will be available on Amazon.com and other electronic sites i.e. Barnes and Noble and so on. It's the moving YA story of a young man and his pussy...

...cat girlfriend, a transgenic experiment gone right and wrong at the same time. It has action, humor, and romance, and it promises to be a very good read. Hope you'll all give it a fair shake.
:)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
News for anyone interested. I'm giving away five copies in PDF form of Catnip, my newest YA novel. Should anyone want one for review/fun purposes, let me know by PM and all I'll need is your e-mail address.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
As an add-on to this 'Done' thread, I just received the ARC's of the second book in the Lindsay/Jo trilogy, Lindsay, Jo and the Tree of Forever. Here's a quick blurb:

"In this sequel to Lindsay Versus the Marauders, Lindsay Fleming returns to her humdrum life on Earth, still reeling from falling in love with Jo, a young woman who hails from the distant planet of Carinna.

Lindsay's life does not stay idle for too long, as Jo returns bearing bad tidings. It seems a madman has loosed a plague on her universe causing its inhabitants to age rapidly. Conventional science has failed, but there are compelling tales of the magical healing properties of the Tree of Ayeni.

Skeptical of this tree's powers, but willing to fight for her love, Lindsay sets off to save Jo's planet. Things are never as they seem, and as time starts to run out, everything becomes a matter of trust. Lindsay has to put her faith in two strangers, one of which is a rival for her girlfriend's affection. Can she save both this planet and her deep affection for Jo?"

So, if anyone is up for a freebie, I have ARCs in PDF, mobi, and e-pub form. The novel will come out October 31st--Halloween--but y'all can be the first to read it if you wish. If interested, drop me a PM with your mail address and the file is yours. All I'd ask for is an honest review.

LindsayJoandtheTreeofForever.jpg

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Embarked on my newest project, What She Saw, last week and am up to around 35000 words. If you like novels about coroners, corpses--a lot of them--a stupid hitman who won't take no for an answer, and a lot of mysterious deaths, this thriller is for you. Aiming for around seventy thousand words, but whatever it turns out to be it turns out to be.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
At 46000-plus words on What She Saw and counting. Had some difficulty with a few scenes, but got over it. Main thing is to get the story down, get the meat in along with the bones, and get it done. Refinement comes later; ideas come first.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Finished off What She Saw and submitted it. We shall see. It's a bit long for what this company wants, but it can always be cut down. Now, to edit other works and send them in.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
having read all the posts in this thread I am so amazed by your creative drive. I only hope I can get that good one day.

---

To be fair about it, creative and 'good' are two different things. I'm only as good, really, as what the readers say, and if they buy my novels. (Yes, I'm being materialistic here, but face it, most writers want the general public to buy what they've written and I'm no different)

Creativity is something I do have, but I still have to marry that creativity with solid narration and editing. I thank you for your comments, though, and I will continue to do my best to improve.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I wish all of your work great success. :) I hope to see it in book stores, soon. I'd be interested to read it. ^^

---

Submitted What She Saw, but who knows what the publishers will say. I'll keep my finger crossed. Thanks very much for the props. I truly appreciate it!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
What She Saw got accepted! My first adult-oriented novel...damn! However, there are mucho revisions to be done, and since it won't be out for about a year, I have time and other projects to keep me occupado.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Just read through this whole thread--you're on an amazing trajectory. Obviously your energy and focus are moving you right along, on top of your creativity and your solid writing skills. Best of luck with sales on all your books!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Just read through this whole thread--you're on an amazing trajectory. Obviously your energy and focus are moving you right along, on top of your creativity and your solid writing skills. Best of luck with sales on all your books!
---

Gee, with a push like that, how can I fail?:)

Creativity I have, but I still have to work on various aspects of my writing and keep improving. As for the sales of my books, that's up to the readers. All I can do is advertise on the various social media sites and hope for the best.

Many thanks for the kind words!

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeldynasty.wordpress.com
What She Saw got accepted! My first adult-oriented novel...damn! However, there are mucho revisions to be done, and since it won't be out for about a year, I have time and other projects to keep me occupado.

That's excellent! ^_^ Congrats; I hope it continues to go smoothly, from here.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Rebel-Dynasty. I have time to make it as perfect as possible. Started work on another thriller-fantasy, Arcana (tentative title). Only did the prologue, but it's looking good so far.

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, Rebel-Dynasty. I have time to make it as perfect as possible. Started work on another thriller-fantasy, Arcana (tentative title). Only did the prologue, but it's looking good so far.

Oh? Does it have any connection to the previous titles, or is this one a solo novel? You don't have to if you don't want to (I'd completely understand), but can you give us a basic rundown of what this one will be like? ^^

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Arcana is the story of a freelance Indian Jones-type who is very good at retrieving stolen and lost artifacts. He gets more than he bargained for when his latest employer asks him to retrieve the impossible. As for the details...haven't written it out yet. But I will.

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Nice! The summary and excerpt definitely got my attention--it's a very interesting concept, and one that I don't think you'll find much of anywhere else (other than perhaps anime and manga, but nowhere near this intricate).

Former Torontonian here, too. ^^

Forgive me if I've asked this before (I don't recall), but any idea when Catnip will be in bookstores? Or would I be able to find it in places like Cole's, already?

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Rebel-D, Catnip is only digital. If I ever make enough sales maybe the company will do a print run, but for now it only comes in a variety of digital forms (PDF/e-pub and mobi, all from the publisher, and PDF/Kindle? from Amazon.com.

The good thing is that it's relatively inexpensive (I don't think six bucks is too much for a book, but YMMV) and those who've bought and read it seem to think it worthwhile. I can only hope that readers will find it worthwhile buying.

Thank you for the kind words. And I haven't been back to Toronto since 2008 when I took my wife and children to visit my sister. Will I ever go back? Who knows?

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
In that case, I'll have to make sure I put some funds in my paypal account; six bucks definitely isn't a lot to ask. If it ever makes it to paperback, I'll definitely buy it that way, too (there's just something about an actual book in your hands).

You're very welcome! I moved from there in December of '95, though I remained at school there for a couple of years longer (parents were doing the commute, at the time). I figure as long as there's someone to go back to, it's worthwhile. Otherwise...not so much, lol.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your continued success. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.