Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
My goal is...well it's incredibly simple. I want to actually FINISH one of my little stories. I make a lot of them, because my attention span is as bad as a toddler high on sugar. I know why, it's not a 'you're young' kind of thing, I have ADHD. my doctor diagnosed me at 18, saying I have a realllllly bad case for a girl of 18. meds don't help, I've tried em before and all they did was make my anxiety worse to where I was almost always so tense I'd be crying. So, my goal is to finish this little fanfic I created for my sister and online!daughter.(meaning I adore this girl so much, she's like a daughter to me) so far I'm doing ok. I almost lost interest, but I forced myself to sit and just write a sentence, then another, and THEN another. My baby girl, Krystal, helped me out by letting me bounce ideas off her on skype and we talked about her character and the kind of things she'd do.

annapalooza

Learning about time management
Registered
Reaction score
Finishing stories a great goal! I know exactly what you mean. I can't finish things for the life of me. I don't really have valid reasons though, I just flitter around with new ideas because I can. But I am certain we can do this. We have the power! Good luck!

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
you, too! =D I actually have a good source of inspiration, or two of them really xD my sister, Chrissi(Whom I sometimes call Phone, which is an in-joke with me and krystal though I cannot remember what it is...I just call her that when I talk to baby girl) and my baby girl. talking to them has ALWAYS helped my writing. my muses x3

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
I wish you the best of luck, Ladyxkaa. It sounds like you really want to do this, and so I have faith that you'll get there! My daughter has major trouble focusing on written tasks but I tell her to take deep breaths before digging into something (long breath in the nose, and out the mouth). Also, remember to reward yourself after each work session. Go you!

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
thank you so much x3 I'm working hard at it. I've been musing over plot ideas and scenes all night, ever since my sis went to bed. and that reward thing sounds like a good little trick >3

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Keep it up! The one sentence after another thing is pretty much how we all do it, ADD or not. You sit there and wonder if there's any point, because really, doing the laundry or dishes seems so much more productive. And then you write another sentence.

At least that's how it works for me. I'm sure you'll find what works for you. :)

midiguru

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jimaikin.net
I almost lost interest, but I forced myself to sit and just write a sentence, then another, and THEN another.
That's the only way to do it. That's how Stephen King does it, I'm sure.

The way I look at it, as a writer you'll have to solve literally thousands of problems -- what to name your character, what adjective to use in this sentence, when it's time to start a new paragraph, what title is right for your story ... it's endless. And the very FIRST problem you have to solve is, how do you convince yourself to sit down at the computer and start writing. Until you've solved that one (on a daily basis), none of the other problems will arise to pester and intimidate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.