Private messages/Internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granada

Registered
Reaction score
Explorer keeps shutting down when I'm in my private message box, sending messages and just shifting to send/receive windows. I have cleared my cookies and logged out/ logged in. Any ideas what's up? It is quite annoying.

Thanks for the help.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Explorer keeps shutting down when I'm in my private message box, sending messages and just shifting to send/receive windows. I have cleared my cookies and logged out/ logged in. Any ideas what's up? It is quite annoying.

Thanks for the help.

Clear your browser cache as well, and then completely Quit I.E. Other than that, no, I don't have any suggestions.

It may be a new I.E. conflict with vBulletin, it may be a local issue (hence restarting the browser in case JavaScript, which is required for AW and pretty much all Websites is getting funky) or you may have malware, since malware often targets iFrames and pop-up windows.

I'll do some research and see if I can find something more useful for you in terms of a solution, other than ditching I.E. unless a Web site requires it, and using a safer and more modern browser like Chrome or Firefox.

Granada

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I will try switching back to chrome. I had an OS upgrade, plus loads of docs open and program installs on my computer so restarting seemed to do the trick for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.