Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I'm not sure where to really ask about this--most all of my AW time is spent in BRBC or Ask the Agent--so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I just received an angry PM at one of my responses on a thread. This is fine. I've never had this happen before, but okay. I responded because I was feeling lectured to when I don't believe I deserved being lectured to--and there were some assumptions in the PM about my experience that were unwarranted, and some of which seemed mean.

I tried to respond, I mean, as the person who had PMed me had decided to not receive PMs in return. My only option now--it seems--is to respond in the thread. This person left a a much more civil response regarding my post in the thread--one I wouldn't respond to, really. But that means that the only way I can respond to the person who PMed me is by referencing something they sent in private that has little to do with the thread as a whole.

And, in fact, I should probably just ignore the PM altogether.

I guess the only real question I have--which is why this is in the FAQ section instead of anywhere else--is where would I go to kvetch about this? Also, is there any way to simply block a specific person from sending you PMs?

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
If the PM was rude or insulting, you can report it. At the PM's page, there's a red triangle at the top right.

You can ignore users by going to their profiles, and under User List, you can hit "Add to Ignore List".

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely. If it's unwarranted or inappropriate, please feel free to report it. You don't have to feel obliged to accept that.

Personally, I've got no time for people who send abusive PMs but won't accept any PMs in return.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Thanks for the support.

The post was demeaning, more than insulting. It basically said I didn't know what I was talking about--and therefore should be quiet (subtext)--and seemed to make a dig about my publishing history.

I imagine that I simply hit a nerve for the poster, and that's what caused him/her to respond privately (in the guise of giving me useful advice).

I suppose I'll report it. The moderator's job, after all, is to determine whether or not my reporting the PM was valid, and can take steps from there, right?

As for blocking, I just hadn't imagined it would be necessary here. I tend to be pretty quiet for the most part.

Again, thank you for the support and the advice.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Please feel free to forward the PM to me and or MacAllister.

Harassment via PM or Rep comment is not ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.