The Bouncy Castle in Space

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Well, Kitty, you might want to work things out with your friend before you start on your skit, otherwise it might scare the kids.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I need to work at having my son in the kitchen more often. We were making a cake from a recipe today and I told him I needed a teaspoon of soda. He said, "well, can we use the orange crush, 'cause that's my favorite."

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I need to work at having my son in the kitchen more often. We were making a cake from a recipe today and I told him I needed a teaspoon of soda. He said, "well, can we use the orange crush, 'cause that's my favorite."

That's too cute. :)

I love that my oldest is able to follow a recipe in the kitchen now and bake something for me without help, aside from the oven. It's saved me twice this past month, both times when I suddenly realized events we were going to were potlucks. I love that moment when she says, "Leave it to me, Mum," and I realize that I can just thank her and walk out the kitchen. And her desserts turn out so yummy - often better than I can do. (I"m not sure if she adds orange crush though....)

Yay for competent tweens!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score

I love it!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Kitty, you might want to work things out with your friend before you start on your skit, otherwise it might scare the kids.

Mean Friend apologized today in the best way she was able. So we catered this lunch today for like 80 people--I nearly lost my mind. I am not cut out for the job! It was supposed to start at 12. I said I thought the customer was wrong and it would really start at 11. We got there at 11:20 (barely!) after hours of panicked headless-chicken running about, and it started at 11:30. I was LOSING MY MIND. Our elevator was broken, so I was doing windsprints with armfuls of gourmet food up and down the stairs, in and out of the building and parking garage. Oy! I told my partner I couldn't survive another last minute panic like that. I wanted to cry but I didn't.

In unrelated news, all I have eaten today is donuts, coffee, candy, soda, and beer. *keels over*

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'd better not throw up in the Bouncy Castle, Kitty...

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, smish, love the new beagle avatar! too cute!

Kitty, that sounds like absolutely no fun at all. I hope the rest of your week is unstressful.

Report cards are done! Well, except one that I can't do because the little one has missed a lot of school lately so I haven't finished testing her. If she's not here Monday, she gets a couple empty spots in Language Arts, I guess.

So this week we get to perform our Reader's Theatre version of Tacky the Penguin. It is absolutely adorable!!! The two girls I thought I might have to retain have found their forte, have two of the leading roles, and are totally hamming it up.

*sigh* I'm gonna miss this class...

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, smish, love the new beagle avatar! too cute!

That's my little sister. :D

Empty Nest Syndrome has finally hit my mother, hard. Neither of her kids have lived at home for a decade, but now it's hit her. So, Dad got her a puppy. She spoils it like crazy. And okay, so do I. She's adorable!

*sigh* I'm gonna miss this class...

You'll have another great class next year. :Hug2:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
School = done.

Vacation = arrived.

I would bounce, but first I have to take a nap.

ruecole

Chronic Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rachelelizabethcole.com
I think I need a nap too. Being the writer in the family, I volunteered to do the program for my hubby's grandfather's funeral. Just got the write-up from my FIL. It's 900 words long. *faints*

Now I have to tell a bereaved man he needs to cut his father's "memoir" in half, preferably in a third.

Sigh.

Rue

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I assume Sunshine is trying to get the 50 posts needed for SYW?

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Received my galley today!!! I'm bouncing, even if you can't feel it over there. The floor is shaking in my old house, seriously.

Hope we don't all end up in the basement.

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Even though I was self-published, I remember how excited I was when I held the first copy in my hands--what a feeling.

Big Congrats, Sissy!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Received my galley today!!! I'm bouncing, even if you can't feel it over there. The floor is shaking in my old house, seriously.

Hope we don't all end up in the basement.

Woohoo! Double chocolate cupcakes all round!

Funny tale: yesterday the school did sex Ed/human development. Fifth grade got the full talk, but fourth grade just got a talk about hygiene, mainly washing regularly and wearing deodorant. We split up and two male staff talked to the boys and two female staff talked to the girls. The girls went immediately to asking about periods and bras and it was all super serious. Apparently those issues weigh hugely on their minds. The boys couldn't stop asking in depth questions about head lice :roll: