The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Volume 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't feel like going into work today so went back to bed. Woke up with a spontaneous nose bleed... My nose never bleeds. So it's probably cancer, or the zombie Apocalypse virus and I'm patient 0. Anyway I'm going to go out in a bit and look for inspiration. Don't know what that means but I feel like I need to go look for it today.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm wakened every now and then by spontaneous nosebleeds. It's usually a combination of sinus issues and very dry air in the bedroom making them worse. So far, at least, it hasn't been cancer or the zombie apocalypse. (I only had to type that four times to get it right.)

Getting outside regardless of the weather helps your sinuses (unless you have pollen allergies, I guess). Mine love cold, wet air. Why, after I shoveled, I could breathe on one side--huzzah!

Caleb, sometimes I play a story game with myself. I see a person long enough to really look at them--maybe two or three minutes without them knowing they're being observed. Then I mentally write a short bio of them--what they do for a living, their love life, what movies and music they like, what secrets they have. It's a lot of fun, and may strengthen my character-development muscles.

Maryn, soon to head to the dentist and not even scared

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb, sometimes I play a story game with myself. I see a person long enough to really look at them--maybe two or three minutes without them knowing they're being observed. Then I mentally write a short bio of them--what they do for a living, their love life, what movies and music they like, what secrets they have. It's a lot of fun, and may strengthen my character-development muscles.

Stopped for breakfast and coffee. Crazy ex and I a few times would pick people out in public places and we would each write the person's story. Then we would exchange pages and see how we viewed the person.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
1,132 words at lunch, and broke 30K. If I stay on schedule, I should hit the halfway point chapter-wise this week, and that'll put my half-way word count at 35K-ish, which is fantastic, for me. Woohoo!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, Ms. Tas!

I haven't done a word count on the WIP in a while. I shall do so now...

[sound of receding footsteps]

35,157. Which means I'm writing fat, since the genre rarely goes beyond 90K and I'm maybe a third of the way in.

Maryn, back from the Valley of Receding Gums

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found the inspiration I was seeking... I was resting from the emotional impact. About to pack up and move onto my next leg of today. Later I'll explain what happened.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Go, go Tas!

Eek, Caleb, I hope you're okay!

Maryn, I hope you feel better, too.

I am on Day Seven of Cold From Hell. I have reached the point where I can no longer skip out on things to rest, too. I have to get things done this week. Ugh.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Back home.... I had this rather simple but such a profound moment on my adventuring today. I ended up in one of the many little hispanic areas of town. Couldn't tell you what drew me there I just did. It's a more impoverished area too.... I drove up and down the hilly streets until I came to a park. The park's name is Observation Park. It was a hill with stone walls around and steps to get up to the top. The city had obviously been restoring it. The name also became obvious when I walked the steps to get to the top. There was a lovely view of downtown. The city had replaced the playground equipment. Further up the hill was a combined soccer field baseball field. I walked up to that and stood there. I won't go into everything that passed through my mind, but I came to some very harsh realizations about myself. I realized how trivial my life until this point has been. I realized that while I'm experienced in a lot of ways my experiences mean nothing because I've denied myself so much. And I wept as I made promises to myself on that hill on a sports field that was both soccer field and baseball diamond. I really needed today.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Then I'm glad you got it, Caleb.

Sometimes it takes stepping away from your world and yourself to see clearly.

Paraphrasing our friends from across the pond, I'm knackered. (I hope I'm using that right.) I've spent nearly three hours looking at bathroom fixtures, which is pretty mind-numbing even if you have a general idea of what you want.

But our teensy powder room is going to totally rock.

And, good man that he is, Mr. Maryn says we should go out to eat, someplace casual, to reward ourselves.

(I think he's forgetting we still have to pick tile.)

Maryn, not sure where she wants to go

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Want to screw with chipotle workers? Order a vegetarian burrito and ask for both beans... The pinto beans are cooked with bacon. They will almost always tell you that and then when you say "I know" they look at you like you're crazy

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
*AHEM*

tiny itty bitty... RAT ROOL

*which I owe Lily & Mayqueen many thanks for*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Hey, Purgatory.

Woo-hoo, Lela!

Going to close this volume and start fresh. If I can do it from work it'll happen this morning. (Websense can be persnickety.)

For those whom change brings on stress, there's hot toddies at the bar. This being the first day of spring and it's 24 degrees and snowing outside. :rolleyes:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, then I shall say "good morning" and "adieu" in the same post, since we don't know when we're getting relocated. ;)

Did manage to sleep better last night. Hope it lasts.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"I don't know why you say 'goodbye,' I say 'hello.' "

Lela, tellllllll me!

Maryn, wanting to be in the loop

Status
Not open for further replies.