Hybrid Hurricane/ Winter Storm

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nature has so many dangers and humans are so vulnerable that there is no such thing as a safe place to live.

That's exactly right.

Every part of the country has something to worry about. Earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, volcanoes erupting.

And if no one lived in the country with all the trees around us, I guess we'd all have to live in the city. And how would we fit?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Phew! I'd been worrying about her.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Thank goodness. Glad she's okay.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Great news. I've always worried that her username was tempting fate. ;)

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
:( Back home we STILL don't have power. SUPPOSED to get it Wed but if there's a storm, I almost ask-what's the point if its just gonna go out again?
:(

my poor New Jersey *hugs*

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
we're supposed to get hit w/ another storm, this afternoon. winds are picking up, now.

I've been hitting fb here and there checking on you, stormie, glad to hear that you're ok :D

I finally got power back Sunday night, but it's insane around here trying to forage for gas. so many have lost homes along the CT shoreline, it's frightening. I walked along one beach, that was partially open and bits of someone's home had washed up.

It's been tricky, at best getting around w/ all the downed trees/power lines all over the place and now more expected to drop. The line men from Kentucky and Tenn hooked our street up and are remaining in the area for the next few days in case we have more outages.

FWIW, I tried to check in via my smart phone, but was unable to. I could only get to fb?

I'll copy/paste this in the other thread.

Had to go to a funeral the other day for a firefighter/emt who was killed during the storm due to a tree falling on his engine while responding to a call. There were firefighters from as far away as Canada who came; it was amazing to be a part of the procession as a 1st responder.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is now snowing in Southern New Jersey. Calling for 1-3" today and 1-3" tonight. They're not fooling me, I can figure that's 2-6" total. With more snow falling NW of Philly.

I really feel for my many neighbors without power. I guess, many more of us will be rejoining their ranks later...

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
It is now snowing in Southern New Jersey. Calling for 1-3" today and 1-3" tonight. They're not fooling me, I can figure that's 2-6" total. With more snow falling NW of Philly.

I really feel for my many neighbors without power. I guess, many more of us will be rejoining their ranks later...

I'm sorry Diana. I'm sorry to all of you who are going to be hit with this storm so soon after the last one, ya'll haven't had time to recover. Stay safe.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

Snowing just as hard in Edmonton. The roads here are abominable! 10-25 cm expected today (4-10 inches.)

Oops - not the general weather thread. Excuse me as I find my way out.