Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I guess it'll be up at http://nanoism.net/ sometime today. Or on Twitter a http://twitter.com/nanoism if you're on it.

Alex, in the list of responses over the last 30 days, Nanoism shows a 120-day acceptance, so mine was relatively speedy by comparison at 74!

Trapeze and Cuento both take just a couple of days, but I'll bet Nanoism gets a lot more submissions simply because he pays a little. At least there are options.

Shelley

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
So! Two bits of good news. First, I reached 50k on my "long story" last night. Just one more scene left to this PoV, and I am thrilled with it, which doesn't happen often. :D Second, I have a nonrejection to report. I know it is stupid, but something of mine has been forwarded to the editor. In itself this is not much, because most of my shit gets shortlisted and then rejected after a looooooong wait, but please keep fingers crossed for me!

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
So! Two bits of good news. First, I reached 50k on my "long story" last night. Just one more scene left to this PoV, and I am thrilled with it, which doesn't happen often. :D Second, I have a nonrejection to report. I know it is stupid, but something of mine has been forwarded to the editor. In itself this is not much, because most of my shit gets shortlisted and then rejected after a looooooong wait, but please keep fingers crossed for me!

Congrats on both, fingers crossed!

Shelley

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Woot! Just sold a poem as reprint to Niteblade! She loved both I sent (and hearing that was almost as good as the yes), but felt this one had a clearer speculative element.

*throws party for everybody*

ETA: Holy crapballs, things always happen in bunches for me, it seems! I sent a piece of erotica under a pseudonym out a week or so ago. Just got an acceptance from them, too. It's non-paying print, but I'd written the thing years ago and looked at it, and it didn't suck, so I sent it out. :p

Really nice start to my writing week. And with the Niteblade acceptance, I can now honestly say my fiction and poetry have appeared in over 20 publications in my cover letters.

If I haven't said it lately, I love W1S1 and everyone involved in it. I doubt I'd have sent a fraction of this stuff out without you!

Shelley

Last edited:

sisco

Nothing clever to put here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsisco.com
Congrats Shelley, you are on a roll.

Congrats to you too Rose. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Shelly! Also, *love* your short on Nanoism -- thought-provoking and poignant in 140 characters is hard to do (-:

I was unaware of Nanoism until you posted about it, and now I've sent something off to them as well. May be the first thing I've written in years that came in under 7k (except haiku) (-:

-Suzanne

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very cool Shelley, you are on a roll!

Rose, good to hear on both counts. 50k is a scary amount of words for me (to write, not to read) :) Keep the story going.

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
Rose, good to hear on both counts. 50k is a scary amount of words for me (to write, not to read) :) Keep the story going.
It is indeed a scary amount of words; I promised myself not to commit another secondary-world novel, but this one ambushed me!

And an update: PoV finished at 16k words. I wrote this in SIX DAYS! :Wha: new total is 52k..

I think I deserve a cookie. :e2cookie:

Last edited:

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys, so much!

It is indeed a scary amount of words; I promised myself not to commit another secondary-world novel, but this one ambushed me!

And an update: PoV finished at 16k words. I wrote this in SIX DAYS! :Wha: new total is 52k..

I think I deserve a cookie. :e2cookie:

Congratulations, Rose! That's an achievement, and I think it's even moreso because of the time span. Wow!

You deserve many cookies.

cookies.jpg

Shelley

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, again! More news to report--I'm going to pay for all this with months of crickets later, I'm sure. :) Last month I pulled out a 300-word kind-of-semi-erotic-maybe flash thing I wrote in 2004 just playing around one day when nothing else was coming. I'd never submitted it anywhere. Nothing earth-shattering, but I liked it. I trimmed it to a better 200 words and sent it out. It was rejected, and because it's kind of a genre-mix, enough to turn someone off at first if they think it's something it's not, I figured I'd just trunk it, not knowing where else to send the dang thing.

I came across a listing today for Philly Flash Inferno, which is full of hard to classify stuff (one artist is doing photographs that represent literary suicides, for instance). Since the theme of the place is the 7 deadly sins, and the title of my piece is "Foreplay," I thought I'd send it out this one last time before trunking it and see if it could get into the 2nd circle of hell. It did. It's a non-paying ezine, a just for fun kind of thing. My little almost-trunked short will be in Issue #2 that's supposed to appear in the next few weeks. Of the 5 really old stories I've revised and sent out, only one has yet to find a home.

I know it's not Asimov's *cough, cough, points at Suzanne (who should have posted over here) cough*, but I'm glad I didn't have to shove the little thing into the sock drawer.

Shelley

Last edited:

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'd say you're on a roll or something along those lines, but that's not even covering it anymore - you got published again (again again) before I even had time to congratulate you on the last, damn it! (Speaking of which, your micro piece was thought provoking and really well done)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Shelley! I'm deeply envious of your ability to write short stuff, and after your Nanoism piece I'm definitely curious to read more of your stuff. It takes serious skill to keep things that short, and I'm afraid I'm way too prone to rambling digressions to ever pull that off well. You'll post a link when it comes out, right?

(And hey, I'm a n00b with a concussion, don't give me too hard a time for not knowing where I'm posting half the time. ;))

-Suzanne

OtterFactory

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'd say you're on a roll or something along those lines

You should have! Now that post is half-baked.**

Congrats Shelley! I don't know you but I'm happy for you.

** *groan* I couldn't resist! Puns will be my bane.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Jaw:
SHELLEY! The amount of credits you've been racking up...I don't even have words. :tongue (congrats ;))

And congrats, Rose, and anyone else I've missed! :hooray:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I'm still in a bit of a state of shock. (-:

-Suzanne

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you missed it, Zanzjan has sold a story to Asimov's. She reported it in the rejections thread :D :D :D

Woo hoo!!!

Congratulations!

Party!!!:hooray::partyguy::hooray:

Status
Not open for further replies.