Casting Your Novel

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Where do you guys go to cast your novels? Just curious. Because I just noticed that ModelMayhem seem to have changed their format, you can't search by details anymore without a membership :(

I know. :( I've taken to random browsing through the photograph categories on Deviant Art. Founds some pretty awesome faces stashed away for other things.

And holy hell some of you have big casts.

(And so I'm not off topic entirely ...) I did use Tumblr and finally found someone that looks like my current MC. After weeks and weeks of looking. I should have dug through J-idols earlier.

tumblr_lzbisovNsb1qj16rvo1_250.png

Ren wishes he were this cool and mysterious.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I only know what my main character looks like:

Elizabeth%2BGillies%2BLiz%2B3.jpg

Jenna​

Everyone else is "in my head".

totopink

Registered
Reaction score
Just gone through the entirety of this thread, think it might be my favourite.

The closest person I can find to my MC.
Molly (Jessica Parker Kennedy)
MV5BMTI3NDU1MDgwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjUwNjM4Mg@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Love Interest numer uno, Milo (Evan Ross)
EvanRossGettyimagebyJasonMerritt.jpg

Love Interest numero dos, Kairos (Ezra Miller)
tumblr_m2i2ocY0Ez1qdxhpqo1_500.jpg

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Need to procrastinate. Just found this gif that is oddly spot on for my MC's love interest (Hannah)

tumblr_lp88lcfxps1qcibblo1_500.gif

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I just had a beta reader tell me that my MC reminded him of Ezra Miller. I'd never heard of him before, but when I googled him I was happy :)

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Mine are all here, on a blogfest entry I did a while ago. I tried to go for very 'realistic' looking actors, ones that generally looked like people you'd find in your local school. Luke was the hardest to cast, being MMC, hot and a bit/a lot crazy.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Sixteen, going on seventeen Felicity Joanne Dennis, better known to a select few as Felix, is spending the summer before her senior year of high school at an elite internship, working at an archaelogical dig in Karnak, Egypt. Completely by accident, Felicity finds a scroll detailing the burning of Jerusalem by the Babylonians. Her discovery sets the team off on a chase through the deserts of Egypt and into the Holy City itself in search of the elusive Ark of the Covenant.

Joining the dig is eighteen year old Veronica Sinclair, the only child of the leads on the dig in Karnak. Spending the summer waiting for her college letters, Veronica is a vital member of the dig team. Relentlessly pursued by Nicholas Wexler, her father's rival's son, Veronica would rather lock herself in a room with Egyptian asps. Charged by her parents to keep an eye on the American students, Veronica and Felicity become good friends.

Felicity+Dennis.jpg

Felicity Joanne “Felix” Dennis: second narrator; 16, going on 17; American; one of Liam’s students; is very smart; is secretly in love with Deacon Talbot, her school’s golden boy; is good friends with Tag Bolton; is the only child of blue collar single dad; her mom took off when Felicity was only a year old; only Tag, family and Deacon call her Felix; worked her ass off to get her spot on the trip; is the subject of bullying from Josie Masterson; plans to attend Yale for college; sees this trip as a way to earn much needed scholarship money; birthday July 18th, 1994 (As portrayed by American Idol finalist Lauren Alaina)

Eli+Dennis.jpg

Eli Michael Dennis: 35; Felicity's dad; had Felicity when he was 19; her mother Anna took off when Felicity was only a year old; works several jobs to keep himself and Felicity afloat; tries to give her everything she could ever want; encourages Felicity to seek higher education; birthday October 8th, 1975 (As portrayed by X-Men Trilogy star James Marsden)

Ezra+Dennis.jpg

Ezra Paul Dennis: 60; Felicity's grandfather; tries his best to help out his son and granddaughter; lives three trailers down from Felicity; originally from Chicago; owns a construction business; his wife passed away when Felicity was 10; birthday March 15th, 1950 (As portrayed by According to Jim star James Belushi)

Deacon+Talbot.jpg

Deacon Jensen Talbot: 17; American; one of Liam’s students; plays basketball; best friends with Tag Bolton; is pursued by Josie Masterson, rebuffs her at every turn; has a thing for Felicity, is one of few people who can call her Felix; has aspirations to play basketball for Georgia State; birthday March 28th, 1993 (As portrayed by Make It or Break It Star Cody Longo)

Tucker+Bolton.jpg

Taggart Adam “Tag” Bolton: 17; American; one of Liam’s students; is in Air Force ROTC; plans on joining the Air Force after graduation; is best friends with Deacon; has known Felicity for most of his life; has a thing for Josie Masterson, who won’t give him the time of day; saves Josie from the fire at the Sinclair’s house; birthday February 28th, 1993 (As portrayed by iCarly star Nathan Kress)

Josie+Masterson.jpg

Josephine “Josie” Kendra Masterson: 16; American; one of Liam’s students; is a preppy, bitchy cheerleader; believes she and Deacon are meant to be together; hates Felicity; goes on the trip initially to get closer to Deacon; is badly burned when the Sinclair’s house is set on fire; discovers her love for Tag Bolton; birthday September 12th, 1994 (As portrayed by The Vampire Diaries star Candice Accola)

Veronica+Sinclair.jpg

Veronica Sarah Sinclair: first narrator; parents are British, American, but she was born in Egypt; 18; only child of Drs. Randall Sinclair and Khristina Gregory; niece of Liam Gregory; has lived her entire life in Egypt; speaks fluent Arabic, Hebrew, French and English, Hebrew being her first language; has spent her whole life at archaelogical digs; doesn’t know what she wants to be; falls for Aaron Holbein, her father’s graduate student; is pursued by her father’s rival’s son Nicholas; finds Josephine Masterson to be the most superficial person on the planet; befriends Felicity Dennis; is Jewish; birthday August 10th, 1992 (As portrayed by Camp Rock star Demi Lovato)

Dr.+Randall+Sinclair.jpg

Dr. Randall James Sinclair: 48; British national; Doctor of Archaeology, Egyptology and Veronica’s father; married to Khristina Gregory; brother in law to Liam Gregory; was a former officer in the US Marines; was stationed in the Middle East for most of his military career; speaks fluent Arabic, Hebrew and English; is rather gruff in demeanor, not a people person; birthday January 18th, 1962(As portrayed by 300 star Gerard Butler)

Dr.+Khristina+Gregory.jpg

Dr. Khristina Louise Gregory-Sinlcair: 38; Dual nationality American/Egyptian; Doctor of Archaeology, Lingistics and History; Veronica’s mother; married to Randall Sinclair; sister to Liam Gregory; speaks the most languages in the family; is fluent in Arabic, English, French, Hebrew, Japanese; can read ancient Greek, Hebrew and Egyptian; has written several books on ancient languages and cultures; is very outgoing and perky, stark opposite of her husband; birthday April 14th, 1972 (As portrayed by Father of the Bride star Kimberly Williams-Paisley)

Liam+Larson.jpg

Liam Christopher Gregory: 32; American; Veronica’s uncle; brother of Khristina; is the Honors History teacher at Windsong Academy; has been voted the students favorite teacher seven years in a row; implusivley marries his sister’s assistant while in Karnak; birthday December 12th, 1978 (As portrayed by The Hangover star Bradley Cooper)

Bubbe+Rosencrantz.jpg

Gretel “Bubbe” Rosencrantz: 62; Israeli; Veronica’s nanny; housekeeper for Randall and Khristina; is always trying to find a good Jewish wife for Liam; was one of the first babies born on the fifteenth of May, 1948; has a large extended family in Israel; adores the whole Sinclair family; birthday May 15th, 1948 (As portrayed by Kramer vs. Kramer star Meryl Streep)

Johanna+Lowe.jpg

Johanna Elisa Lowe: 30; Israeli; Khristina’s faithful assistant; falls in love with Liam and marries him on a whim (As portrayed by Enchanted star Amy Adams)

Aaron+Holbein.jpg

Aaron Moses Holbein: 23; Israeli; Dr. Sinclair’s graduate student; has been living at the Sinclair house since February; attended Bethlehem University; falls in love with Veronica; is not who he seems to be; birthday November 23rd, 1987 (As portrayed by Twilight star Jackson Rathbone)

Dr.+Robert+Wexler.jpg

Dr. Robert John Wexler: 53; British; professor archaeology at Oxford; rival of Randall; sends his son Nicholas to spy on the Sinclair operation in Karnak; publicly criticizes Randall and Khristina’s findings; birthday July 10th, 1957 (As portrayed by Tomorrow Never Dies star Pierce Brosnan)

Nicholas+Wexler.jpg

Nicholas Henry “Nick” Wexler: 22; British; son of Dr. Robert Wexler; is sent to Karnak by his father to spy on the Sinclair operation; has known Veronica since childhood; he is in love with her; birthday May 31st, 1988 (As portrayed by Prince Caspian star Ben Barnes)

Liza+Kendrick.jpg

Liza Kendrick: 27; British; Khristina’s assistant; calls Josie “Archaeology Barbie (As portrayed by Doctor Who star Billie Piper)​

YOU HAVE HOT GUYS.

Nicole River

with the weird fowl in her userpic
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, this got resurrected!

Hanna:
original.jpg

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (as Ramona Flowers from the Scott Pilgrim movie. Even though Hanna is a little more... full-figured, the face, the hair and the attitude fits to a T)

Asher:
original.jpg

(actor Matt Bomer. Look at those eyes :)

Byron:
original.jpg

Japanese rocker Miyavi

And Caroline:
original.jpg

Blake Lively. When I think "preppy princess with a darker side" she comes to mind. (Okay, not her per se, her character.)

driedraspberry

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a total dork who likes to make collages of the families. All my characters are designer babies so pretty models/actors/footballers are canon.

Last edited:

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. I am a roleplayer and so putting faces to my casts is pretty natural to me. I actually started out my novel with my FMC's face being based on Leighton Meester long before I got the main plot--luckily, the more I work on the story the more I see the "actual" face of my characters in my head!

FMC: Leighton Meester
LI: Andrew Garfield

Yeasayer

see you on a dark night
Registered
Reaction score
Need to procrastinate. Just found this gif that is oddly spot on for my MC's love interest (Hannah)

If you're looking for more gifs/pictures of her, the model's name is Cintia Dicker. But maybe you already knew that.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
I was going to ask - who is that freckled redhead in the gif...but Yeasayer answered that for me. Yay!

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
So, bout of insomnia... time to do the Storm Caller. Basic theme of this novel: think Avatar the Last Airbender meets 28 Days Later.

The Water-Wielding Aquans

avan-jogia.jpg

First Main PoV Character - Calin Cross, 18 (Avan Jogia)

... Emperor of the Aquan people, born for one thing: to die a horrible, agonizing death as his soul is sucked out of his body. That's the price required to fuel the Storm Caller, the Aquan people's only defense against the Ronins and their pet Infernen...

Something he'd like to avoid.

actress_sri_divya_cute_stills_photos_04.jpg

Main Support - Ezrai Baelin, 17 (Sri Divya)

Calin's most trusted bodyguard and childhood friend. Skilled with both blade and spear, she will protect Calin to her last breath, even betraying the Praetorians charged with insuring his sacrifice goes off without a hitch.

profile_4f4f40de65fcd.jpg

Support - Ayla Cross, 12 (Armaan Verma)

Calin's severely autistic youngest sister. Spends all day in the Imperial Palace, drawing pictures. Her drawings show the future. One of her pictures is of a relic long thought to be destroyed, one with the power to fuel the Storm Caller indefinitely. But there's a problem: this relic was lost in Arcadia. A ruined, abandoned kingdom that gets very crowded when night falls, and thousands of hungry, flesh-eating ghouls emerge from their caves.

201211072530_anas_rashid_1.jpg

Support - Hamish Baelin, 19 (Rajat Tokas)

Ezrai's older half-brother, a known catburgler within the Aquan Empire, though really, he just tripped and grabbed four people's money pouches in an effort to break his fall. Honest. When Calin pardons him from the Gallows, in exchange for his help to find a lost relic, Hamish is thrilled. That's like stealing, only without the unpleasent aftertaste.

shah-rukh-khan.jpg

Antagonist - Gorian Duman, 44 (Shah Rukh Khan)

Captain of Calin's Honor Guard - and the one that's entrusted with the responsibility of insuring Calin sacrifices himself to the Storm Caller when the time comes, whether he has to strap him down to the slab and slit his throat personally. He and his Praetorians will even follow Calin into Arcadia to bring him back for his sacrifice.

The Fire-Wielding Ronins

MitchHewerHair3.jpg

Second Main PoV Character - Rex Ronin, 18 (Mitch Hewer)

First Heir to the seat of The Lord Ronin. Rex believes his family is evil and will often act kind and generous, namely to piss off his father. Turns on his family when he's ordered to assassinate Calin and winds up helping Calin brave Arcadia, in hopes of forging a peace between their two people.

2012GameOfThronesJackGleesonPR240512.jpg

Antagonist - Kris Ronin, 16 (Jack Gleeson)

Second in line of succession, Kris would be The Lord Ronin's choice of heir were he not basically as dumb as a sack of potatoes. While Kris' bloodlust and cruelty are famous, he longs for Rex's approval, almost as much as the Lord Ronin's. When Rex is disowned for his betrayal, Kris takes Rex's betrayal personally, wondering if he could have prevented it by being a better brother - he's actually in danger of growing depth. That comes to a swift end when his father orders Kris to hunt him down to prove himself. Kris does this with relish, even leading an army into Arcadia to find him.

ActressSofia_Vespa_14845136.jpg

Support - Lydia Ronin, 15 (Sofia Vassilieva)

Third in line of succession for the seat of Lord Ronin and second only to Rex as a pyromancer, Lydia has begun down a dark path much like Kris, incapable of compassion and is basically Queen Bitch to anyone not in her family. Yet, the only thing surpassing her own desire for power is her love for Rex, who calls her "Sparkles." When Rex is disowned, Lydia commits herself to helping Kris, though with strong mixed feelings.

alexander-skarsgard-20090804-527584.jpg

Main Antagonist - The Lord Ronin, 39 (Alexander Skarsgård)

Leader of the Ronins who concerns himself with just two things: Rex's rebellious behavior and scorching the Aquans from the face of the world. The Lord Ronin decides to send Rex on a suicide mission and groom Kris for the leadership role, hoping a few decades can instill at least a little brains into his psychopathic second son. When Rex betrays, he charges Kris with his apprehension and execution.

Last edited:

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Love your cast. Everyone is so attractive!! And also what a great premise (I love 28 days later!)

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
I don't have actual actors in mind, but here are some pictures that I've found via Google image search...

teen_boy.jpg

Christian Marx, 17 - Was a grade school loner, raised in a low income, single parent home (Mom). Befriended MC Maye on her first day as the new girl in third grade, and has been head over heels for her since. Hangs with a group of kids that also live in his apartment complex when at school, but is generally at Maye's house the rest of the time.

20120416204162951543.jpg

Mayfair (Maye) Miller, 16 - Painfully shy (had a hard time finding a photo I liked, since I don't imagine Maye enjoying being in them, or wearing makeup) to the point of choosing to home school from ninth grade on because she and Christian were to have different lunch periods for the first time. Has never had a friend other than Christian. Prefers to stay home if given a choice. Hobbies include reading, knitting, and hanging out with her Mother's Border Collie, Fly.

beautifulgirldarkhairgreeneyesbeautyeyesgirl-32bcb7c5a7bf1157b4822ad8d0ab30c9_h.jpg

Rowan (Rowe) Miller, 13 - Just 4 when the girls' Mother died and their Father checked out of daily life, Rowe's naturally fiery attitude was left unchecked and undisciplined, although her fearless confidence isn't quite as strong as she'd like people to think. She would also likely be much less "made up" than the girl in this photo, and prefers wearing things like band tees, jeans, and Doc Martens.

Last edited:

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this is so much fun! Time to do this for my current WIP Storm Beneath :)

astrid-berges-frisbey-09-reporters.jpg

FMC - Laire Keaton, 16 (Astrid Berges-Frisbey)
Since Laire is tall and all legs and boney body structure in the beginning of my book, Astrid fits perfectly. Although Laire's eyes are brown and her hair is one big mess. Once the LI introduces her to a balanced but dangerous lifestyle to help her maximize her powers she gains some weight... But until then Astrid is a nice reference. :)

colton-haynes-colton-haynes-11814032-457-604_thumb.jpg

MMC/LI - Elijah Pierce, 18 (Colton Haynes)
Colton would have to dye his hair dark but he has the light eyecolor, and the one-sided dimple that make him a perfect fit for Eli. He seems a bit of a dull male-model type but if I imagine him portraying the dangerous and the nice sides of Elijah, I'm okay. Plus, I think he can do very angry. As in, murderer angry.

Allie+Gonino+Whitney+Eve+Front+Row+Fall+2012+PpYK3WyQpU-l.jpg

Supporting - Ende Hardford, 16 (Allie Gonino)
Put her in a pair of tight leather jeans, give her an edgy hair cut and have her make out with another girl and you hit Ende spot on. I don't know if Allie's short enough, as Ende is commonly called dwarf but I'm in love with that heart-shaped face. You think she's the sweetest girl ever, oblivious to all the secrets she's hiding under her bed.

emma-stone-biography.jpg

Supporting - Melanie, 17/22 (Emma Stone)
Okay, I just put Emma in this because she's the first red-head that sprung to my mind who doesn't have a doll's face! I do think she could pull off playing a two-faced bitch who gives a damn about the feelings of her girlfriend as long as she can do her job.

colin-farrell.jpg

Supporting - Aaron Snow (Colin Farrell)
Aaron is probably the most complicated character in this book. And he won't even be in more than a few flashbacks and the last twenty pages. Colin Farrell looks like he could have killed 36 people, still be heads over heels for his High School sweetheart and be the cutest father ever.

Yay! I had fun! :hooray:

mickeyDs4

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.disneygeekwriter.blogspot.com
Starting Over...New Cast of "Indiana Jones Never Mentioned This"

Sixteen year old Felicity Dennis, or Felix as she is known by a select few, never in her wildest dreams would have thought she'd be getting to go to Egypt for a summer internship. The product of a prom night encounter, her mother took off shortly after Felicity was born. She was raised by her daddy Eli and her grandparents, Ezra and Gloria.

At the start of her junior year, she applies for an internship she never thought she'd get. Now she gets to spend her summer at an archaeology dig in Karnak, Egypt. Led by her honors World History teacher, Felicity embarks on a journey only to find, she's a lot stronger than she originally thought.

Felicity's Family

Felicity+Dennis.jpg

Felicity Catherine "Felix" Dennis: 16 going on 17; American; daughter of Amanda Tannen and Eli Dennis, conceived on prom night; Amanda took off when Felicity was very small; eventual step-daughter of Holly Mae Marshall; Amanda married a man named Michael Detwiler; half sister to Finn Claudia Detwiler; eventual step-sister to Luke Marshall; granddaughter to Ezra and Gloria Dennis; only her family and Tag calls her Felix; attends Windsong Academy on an academic scholarship; been friends with Taggart Bolton most of her life; is the brunt of much of Margaret Cumberland's bullying; is secretly in love with Dylan Cabot; befriends Veronica Sinclair, the teen daughter of the archaeologists; birthday July 18th, 1996 (As portrayed by American Idol finalist Lauren Alaina)

Eli+Dennis.jpg

Eli Michael "Daddy" Dennis: 35; American; Felicity's father; eventual husband to Holly Mae Marshall; step-father to Luke Marshall; youngest child of Ezra and Gloria Dennis, has an older sister, Melanie; works three jobs to keep his family afloat; begins dating Holly Mae Marshall in the fall; adores his daughter and tries to give her everything she's ever wanted; is very supportive of Felicity's higher education goals; lives three doors down from his parents; birthday October 18th, 1977 (As portrayed by Enchanted star James Marsden)

Amanda+Tannen.jpg

Amanda Tannen-Detwiler: 35; American; Felicity's mother; took off when Felicity was very little; is much hated by Gloria and Melanie Dennis, Felicity's grandmother and aunt; ended up in Portland, Maine; married Michael Detwiler and has a daughter Finn Claudia; was in an accident and has severe memory loss, which prompts Finn to try to find her half sister; still thinks Felicity is a baby; birthday November 16th, 1977 (As portrayed by two time Academy Award winning actress Hilary Swank)

Ezra+Dennis.jpg

Ezra Paul "Grandaddy"Dennis: 60; American; Felicity's grandfather; originally from Chicago; owns his own construction company; dotes on his granddaughter something awful; been married to his wife Gloria for 38 years; they live three doors down from son and granddaughter; does his best to help his son; birthday March 5th, 1952 (As portrayed by According to Jim star James Belushi)

Gloria+Dennis.jpg

Gloria Persimmon "Nanny" Dennis: 57; American; Felicity's grandmother; adores her granddaughter; will never forgive Amanda for leaving Felicity; is the bookkeeper for Ezra's construction company; been married to Ezra Dennis for 38 years; supports her son with every endeavor; tries to get her daughter to move back to Macon after her husband was killed in the Iraq war; introduces Holly Mae Marshall to Eli; birthday March 28th, 1955 (As portrayed by Queen of Country music star Reba McEntire)

Melanie+Dennis+Jones.jpg.crdownload.jpg

Melanie Ruby "Aunt Melanie" Dennis-Jones: 37; American; Felicity's aunt; older sister of Eli; married to Tyler Jones, a solider; owns a peach orchard outside Atlanta; Tyler was killed in Iraq in 2011; refuses to move back to Macon; Felicity normally spends her summers with her at the orchard; also will never forgive Amanda for abandoning Felicity; adores Holly Mae; birthday February 10th, 1975 (As portrayed by Days of Our Lives star Alison Sweeney)

Tyler+Jones.jpg

Tyler Andrew "Uncle Ty" Jones: 41; American; Felicity's uncle; deceased; was a solider in the Iraq war; was killed in action; married to Melanie Dennis; owned a peach orchard which Melanie now runs; adored Felicity; birthday October 20th, 1969, died April 4th, 2011 (As portrayed by The West Wing star Rob Lowe)

Finn+Detwiler.jpg

Finn Claudia Detwiler: 16; American; Felicity's half-sister; lives in Portland, Maine; first contacts Felicity before Amanda's accident; wants to get to know Felicity; is more like Margaret Cumberland in demeanor; birthday December 31st, 1996 (As portrayed by country music superstar Taylor Swift)

Holly+Marshall+Dennis.jpg

Holly Mae Marshall: 32; American; Eli's girlfriend, eventual wife; mother of Luke; is introduced to Eli through Gloria; works as a receptionist at Ezra's construction company; adores Felicity; supports Felicity's dreams of an Ivy League education; birthday July 3rd, 1980 (As portrayed by Academy Award winning actress Reese Witherspoon)

Luke+Marshall+Dennis.jpg

Luke Isaac Marshall: 7; American; Holly Mae's son; wasn't happy at first with his mother dating Eli; comes to really love the whole Dennis family; birthday January 10th, 2005 (As portrayed by Jack Horan)

Windsong Academy Teachers & Students

Regina+Downey.jpg

Regina Downey: 40; American; Honors Humanities teacher at Windsong Academy; is one of Felicity's teachers; one of the faculty sponsors for the Egypt internship; is unable to actually take the trip; birthday September 12th, 1972 (As portrayed by Academy Award winning actress Sandra Bullock)

Liam+Larson.jpg

Liam Christopher Gregory: 36; American; Honors World History teacher at Windsong Academy; has been voted in the Windsong yearbook as the students favorite teacher seven years in a row; is the younger brother of Dr. Khristina Gregory, one of the archaeologists sponsoring the internship; falls in love with his sisters assistant Johanna while in Karnak; birthday December 12th, 1976 (As portrayed by The Hangover star Bradley Cooper)

Deacon+Talbot.jpg

Dylan Jensen Cabot: 17; American; a student at Windsong; is part of the Karnak internship; is known as the "Crown Prince" of Windsong Academy; is best friends with Taggart Bolton; has a thing for Felicity; is the object of Margaret Cumberland's attentions; is an avid baseball card collector; is the only child of one of the wealthiest families in Macon; not sure what he wants to do with his life; birthday March 28th, 1995 (As portrayed by Make It or Break It star Cody Longo)

Tucker+Bolton.jpg

Taggart Adam "Tag" Bolton: 17; American; a student at Windsong Academy; is part of the Karnak internship; is known at the class clown; best friends with Dylan Cabot; been friends with Felicity Dennis for most of his life; has a thing for Margaret Cumberland, she won't give him the time of day; saves Rhett from a fire at the Sinclair family house; plans on joining the Air Force after high school; birthday February 28th, 1995 (As portrayed by iCarly star Nathan Kress)

Josie+Masterson.jpg

Margaret Emmy "Rhett" Cumberland: 16; American; a student at Windsong Academy; is part of the Karnak internship; is the typical rich white girl; bullies Felicity; is in love with Dylan, who won't give her the time of day; is badly burned when the Sinclair's house is set on fire, Tag saves her from the fire; realizes that she may have misjudged both Felicity and Tag; birthday September 23rd, 1996 (As portrayed by The Vampire Diaries star Candice Accola)

The Sinclairs & Karnak Residents

Veronica+Sinclair.jpg

Veronica Sarah "Ronnie" Sinclair: 18; is of British and American heritage, holds an Egyptian passport; only child of Drs. Randall Sinclair and Khristina Gregory; niece of Liam Gregory; returning to Karnak after finishing boarding school in London; plans on attending Cambridge like her parents; is a polyglott, speaks fluent Arabic, English, Hebrew and French; is Jewish; wants to be an interpreter at the United Nations; acts as a chaperone for her uncles students along with her mother's assistant Johanna; is in love with Nicholas Wexler, her father's rival's son; befriends Felicity; hates using nicknames, only allows her parents and uncle to call her Ronnie; birthday August 10th, 1994 (As portrayed by Camp Rock star Demi Lovato)

Dr.+Randall+Sinclair.jpg

Dr. Randall James Sinclair: 48; British; Veronica's father; former member of the Royal Air Force; holds a doctorate in Archaeology and World History; like his daughter he speaks fluent Arabic, English and Hebrew; is good friends with Liam Gregory, his partner's brother; has a major rivalry with Dr. Robert Wexler, an archaeology professor at Cambridge; is unaware of his daughter's relationship with Nicholas Wexler, Robert's son; is hesitant to have the American high school students at the dig site; is rather gruff and no-nonsense; birthday January 18th, 1964 (As portrayed by Phantom of the Opera star Gerard Butler)

Dr.+Khristina+Gregory.jpg

Dr. Khristina Louise Gregory: 42; Dual citizen of the USA and Egypt; Veronica's mother; holds a doctorate in linguistics and archaeology; speaks seven languages: Arabic, English, French, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese and Latin; can read ancient Egyptian heirogylpics, ancient Greek and Hebrew; older sister of Liam Gregory; set up the internship; is Jewish; birthday April 14th, 1970 (As portrayed by Father of the Bride star Kimberly Williams-Paisley)

Bubbe+Rosencrantz.jpg

Gretel Rachel "Bubbe" Rosencrantz: 64; Israeli; the Sinclair's housekeeper, Veronica's nanny; been with the Sinclair family for 18 years; is Jewish, was the first baby born on May 15th, 1948, the first day Israel became a free state; speaks a broken English, Hebrew is her first language; is Jewish; lost her older brothers to Bergen-Belsen; is an amazing cook; birthday May 15th, 1948 (As portrayed by three time Academy Award winning actress Meryl Streep)

Aaron+Holbein.jpg

Aaron Moses Holbein: 23; Israeli; is Dr. Sinclair's graduate assistant; attends the Hebrew University of Jerusalem; doesn't speak English well; is not what he appears to be; birthday November 27th, 1989 (As portrayed by Twilight star Jackson Rathbone)

Dr.+Robert+Wexler.jpg

Dr. Robert Johns Wexler: 53; British; Archaeology professor at Cambridge; in an intense rivalry with Dr. Sinclair; is unaware his son Nicholas is dating Veronica Sinclair; publicly dismisses Randall's research concerning the Ark of the Covenant; accused of planting a mole in the Sinclair's camp; birthday July 10th, 1959 (As portrayed by Academy Award winning actor Colin Firth)

Nicholas+Wexler.jpg

Nicholas Harry "Nick" Wexler: 23; British; Dr. Robert Wexler's son; is dating Veronica; doesn't believe in half the things his father says about the Sinclairs; birthday March 31st, 1989 (As portrayed by Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian star Ben Barnes)

Johanna+Lowe.jpg

Johanna Elisa Lowe: 33; Israeli; Khristina's faithful assistant; is a secondary chaperone for the American students; speaks fluent Arabic, English and Hebrew; falls in love and impulsively marries Liam while he is in Karnak; birthday April 20th, 1979 (As portrayed by Enchanted star Amy Adams)

Hassan+al+Jirah.jpg

Hassan al-Jirah: 35; Egyptian; Khristina's assistant (As portrayed by Bones star Pej Vahdat)

Liza+Kendrick.jpg

Liza Kendrick: 28; British; Khristina's assistant; gives Rhett the nickname Archaeology Barbie (As portrayed by Doctor Who star Billie Piper)​

anobjectofbeauty

enthusiastic small person
Registered
Reaction score
Jesse Cooper: Seventeen, thoroughly average, a hoodie-wearing introvert with a few close friends. His life is upended when he receives four secret admirer notes at Christmastime, and with the help of his best friend, he embarks on a quest to figure out the senders' identities.

evan-peters-1-300.jpg

(Evan Peters as Jesse)

Kristen Leibowitz: Jesse's best friend since grade school. An academic overachiever, prone to dramatics, and spectacularly foul-mouthed. Forever coming up with schemes and scams. Secretly in love with her best friend.

suburgatory-57.jpg

(Jane Levy as Kristen)

Wendy Liao: One of Jesse's admirers. Smart, driven, sometimes a bit of a steamroller; loves romantic comedies and shopping. Manages to be both a responsible, hard-working straight A student and a bubbly gossip. A hardcore Republican, which proves to be the dealbreaker in their fledgling relationship.

364752.jpg

(Ellen Wong as Wendy)

Colin Finn: Another one of Jesse's secret admirers, as well as one of his close friends. An eternal optimist and sweetheart who can nonetheless be a bit of a jerk when other peoples' feelings are involved.

435709584_Josh_Hutcherson_josh_hutcherson_18576407_771_999_xlarge.jpeg

(Josh Hutcherson as Colin)

Miranda Duncan: Another one of the secret admirers, though she doesn't know Jesse very well. Though she's spent much of her life going along with the status quo, she's starting to pull away from her popular, troublemaking friends and question what she's been told she wants - and crushing on a totally average guy is an obligatory part of that.

Abby-Elliott.jpg

(Abby Elliott as Miranda)

Sophie Cooper: Jesse's twelve-year-old sister. An honest-to-god child star whose career co-opts most of their parents' time. A sweet kid, if a bit of a brat at times.

sm_1294056.jpg

(Kiernan Shipka as Sophie)

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Adam Brody! Everyone has such pretty casts here. What a hot movie they'd all make ;)

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Adam Brody! Everyone has such pretty casts here. What a hot movie they'd all make ;)

I swear, I spent like 20 minutes looking for a blond teen actor who actually WASN'T hot for my second lead.

You got better odds of finding a diva in a Godiva chocolate factory than a headshot of a teen actor who doesn't look gorgeous these days. Suppose I could have gone with a complete unknown from Getty or something, but finding actual actors/actresses is half the fun. :)

CEMartin2

Registered
Reaction score
I only know what my main character looks like:

Elizabeth%2BGillies%2BLiz%2B3.jpg

Jenna​

Everyone else is "in my head".

Ha! My daughter and I picked Elizabeth Gillies for a screenplay/novel I just did. I think we'll see this young lady go on to do more serious acting later on. (and yes, my kids make me watch way too much Nickelodean)

frankie say relax

Relaxing :)
Registered
Reaction score
Naomi Bridges- Protagonist. She was in a car accident two years ago that killed her family and caused amnesia. Now she is 19 and trying to regain her memories. She just found out (possibly for the second time) that she is psychic.

danneel-harris-20060703-141935.jpg

(Daneel Ackles)

Lucas Hall- A mysterious "family friend" who came to Naomi for help, not knowing that she had amnesia. He is trying to help her get her memory back so that she can help him find some information that her mother knew. He has a lot of secrets and a dark past.

chad_michael_murray_on_a_motorcycle-1354.jpg

(Chad Michael Murray)

Lydia (she doesn't have a last name yet)- Main antagonist. She is sneaky and deceitful. She has a sense of entitlement, and she is ruthless when it comes to getting what she wants.

Torrey-Devitto.jpeg

(Torrey DeVitto)

I share most of this kind of information with my sister (also a writer). She pointed out to me that every actor I picked was at one time or another on the show One Tree Hill :Headbang: Not only that, but CMM's character was named Lucas. I can't change the name because that name BELONGS to my character, so I will probably just have to push his face out of my head.

I have two supporting characters that I don't feel like writing about, but they look like Samarie Armstrong and Seth Rogan lol

julie_a_w

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to say this thread is great! I'm having so much fun looking at everyone's casts.