Casting Your Novel

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
These are fantastic!!!

Thanks! I love to draw my characters. The only bad thing is that it detracts from actually finishing the ms. LOL...

I love your choices. I'm so curious what your story is about! Such a cool cast!!

Pixydust - if you need a beta reader when you're finished with GOLDEN, I VOLUNTEER!!! Please! I just skipped the excerpt on your site and I just might die if I can't read it. :tongue

Hehehe... Thanks, Red! I'm so glad it's enticing! And I will definitely put you on my Beta list. I needed a girl reader, so that's perfect. :D Yay! I'm so glad people like Areana. She's such a little crazy bitch, but I love her.

It's funny how you start to think of your characters as real people after a while...

Last edited:

christinalbarr

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you like the idea of it, pixydust. I've only been trying since February to get an agent, but I think I'm going to bust! I think it's got movie deal or television series written all over it, but all of the agents thus far think it's good but not for them.

I don't understand how vampires can be such a YA craze and people aren't into super heroes for YA. Maybe they just vampires is sexy angst and think super heroes are sci-fi and I guess it is, but it doesn't have to have that feel. There is only one super hero in the book and the mystery is finding out who it is (there is another mystery, but if I explained it, then that takes away the ending).

The book really is character driven.

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
Cool cast lists - It's fun going over the actors everyone picked. And I'm seeing some actors I'm not familiar with. But, I gotta say, it looks like Zac Efron is going to be very busy! Lol. Hmm, anybody know of a cute, next-door neighbor type male actor with floppy brown hair and brown eyes? Soccer bod, decent sized ego . . .

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
I chose Zac Efron for his looks, but the character is actually super mature and mysterious. He remains "expressionless" or "stone faced" for the majority of the novel, and has an INCREDIBLY dark past and deals with a very complicated romance. I have yet to see Efron in a serious role, so when I finally do is when I'll make my actual decision ;)

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Cool cast lists - It's fun going over the actors everyone picked. And I'm seeing some actors I'm not familiar with. But, I gotta say, it looks like Zac Efron is going to be very busy! Lol. Hmm, anybody know of a cute, next-door neighbor type male actor with floppy brown hair and brown eyes? Soccer bod, decent sized ego . . .

How old?

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, well he doesn't have brown eyes, but...

Image2.jpg

Is it just me, or has Jeremy Sumpter suddenly become hot? I mean, I didn't go gaga for him in Peter Pan because he looked like he was seven, but now that he's actually legal, I have to say... Daayyumm.

paranormalchick

Book Worm & YA writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com
NICE!!!! I'm lovin' how you put the names on the pics! Colin is so cute!!! Great choice!

Doesn't doing this make you excited about the ms all over again? :D
Thanks :) This was fun!!! It made me think really quickly of a little synopsis to put on the site LOL I haven't even gotten as far as thinking of writing one or a query for my MS (TDC) SO yeah this was a great little think on your toes exercise for me LOL So now at least I know where I kinda wanna start with my query :)

Here's another good pic of the guy I chose as Colin ( I knew you'd like this one Pixy) LOL
robert_hoffman.jpg

Last edited:

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
June - WOW. Your website is awesome. And the summary is incredible.

Pixydust - if you need a beta reader when you're finished with GOLDEN, I VOLUNTEER!!! Please! I just skipped the excerpt on your site and I just might die if I can't read it. :tongue

Thanks Red!!! It's actually my query letter! I guess that's why I'm getting so many bites! Here's hoping I can do the same for DHTP since my Road to Damascus query must not be fabulous...or Literary Fiction ain't sellin!

Last edited:

Leah_Michelle

Fangirling
Registered
Reaction score
Trapped in my own mind. It's scary in here!
Website
leahclement.blogspot.com
Ah, this thread is fun.
Here is my list.

Neira Collins (Emma Roberts): Neira is a bad-tempered, cynical, seventeen-year-old gifted with superb strength, speed, and heightened senses.
emma_roberts_300x400.jpg

Adarin Caine (William Moseley): Adarin is a playful, smug seventeen-year-old gifted with the ability to heal physical wounds such as broken bones, gashes, and bruises, but nothing like diseases or fevers.
william.jpg

Dayne Reynolds (Hayden Panettiere): Dayne is nineteen-years-old and is very cheerful and peppy. She has the ability to seduce others and control their minds.
Hayden-Panettiere-ta01.jpg

I have about five other characters that I have yet to find. Makes me mad too because I found about two of those characters a while back, but I forgot who they were.

EDIT: I kinda wanted to put in brief description of my characters, since everyone else is :tongue

Last edited:

Leah_Michelle

Fangirling
Registered
Reaction score
Trapped in my own mind. It's scary in here!
Website
leahclement.blogspot.com
LOVE who plays Neira Collins. :D

Haha, yay, you have her for your MC too! She has so many different looks. She would be a good Neira if she looked like the picture I posted, but she wouldn't if she looked like your MC. It's weird lol.

AmandaAcidic said:
The William Moseley picture didn't work. =[
Mine didn't? That's weird, it worked when I did the post preview and when I reloaded the page...I'll try to find another :tongue He's just too adorable.

EDIT: Okay, the picture should work now. It worked on my Google Chrome, but it didn't on my Mozilla. Thanks for telling me! :D

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting a lot of good ideas from this thread. I, sadly, have very few characters cast by real actors.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
This thread is just too fun, so I thought I'd post for my WIP, Don't Hate the Player...Hate the Game!

My MC, Noah, played by the loveable and yummy, Jackson Rathbone. Noah is guitar player. He doesn't do the sports scene since his dad was a major league baseball player and major asshole who abandoned him and his mom.

jackson-rathbone9ig-176x300.jpg
Jackson+2.jpg

The Playa Himself...I guess I should say the late Playa since Jake Slater gets blown up on his grandfather's tractor, a younger Chris Pine circe Princess Diaries II!

chris-pine-1.jpg

Then there's Katie, the good girl who was Jake's tutor and maybe more...Emmy Rossum has a lot of the qualities she does.

emmy-rossum-gives-diet-tips.jpg

Katie's little brother, Josh,

highmore.jpg

One of Jake's girlfriends and reigning Ice Princess, Avery Moore

megan.jpg

Another one of Jake's girlfriends and reigning School Slut, Presley Patterson

taylor-momsen.jpg