Casting Your Novel

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
All right, I finally figured people for Trouble is a Friend of Mine :)

First up is Rebecca "Bex" Brooke. She's the only one who can see Trouble. She unknowingly bound herself to him when she was seven, and has been best friends with him for ten years, even though he often makes her life hellish.

Played by: Emily Browning
Emilybrowninglookingindistance50.jpg

Next is Trouble. He's the next spirit of trouble, but he's had very limited power for the past ten years. He's about to "come of age," though so he'd be the true spirit of trouble..., if he was willing to sacrifice Bex, that is.

Played by: Adam Lambert (but picture him with white hair and light blue-grey skin)
adamlamberttrouble.jpg

Finally, Brent. I don't know how much I'm going to use him. He's the normal human Bex has a crush on.

Played by: Nick Jonas
nickjbrent2.jpg

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, how'd you picture him? <is curious>

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
I don't know. I saw him as looking more....mature. I think Nick looks really boyish. I don't know.

Red - Heck no! Joe is cooler.

lol

Poor Kevin. No one picks Kevin.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I almost picked Kevin for Brent. Because Brent was supposed to be a little dorky and Kevin looks that way. But I went with Nick as a compromise.

Don't really follow the Jonas Brothers, but I saw them on TV the other day and thought, wait one of those guys might work for Brent.

Adam, btw, is way too old, but oh, well. (And I happen to know that he did not as Trouble-like in high school. Go ahead, ask me how ;)).

I have no clue how old Emily Browning is.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
He was two years back in my high school. I sang in choir with him (though we were in different choirs most of the time)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not like we hung out or anything, but he was a couple years back. He had just started choir my senior year and our teacher LOVED him, so even though he wasn't in the high choirs, she kept giving him solos and putting him up front. There was one song that basically was him singing with the choir kinda coming in for tiny parts. Clearly Mrs. Gray knew what she was doing 'cuz look where he is now.

It was funny because his audition was the only thing I saw of that day of AI (we were searching for a show on the Guide and it happened to be on Fox at the time) and I'm like "Adam Lambert sounds really really familiar. In a musical way. Was he on the show before?" And only after my sister texted me "Did you see Adam on AI?" did I figure it out.

courtneyv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cvwriter.wordpress.com
That is cool, Sage. He seems very sweet.

Here's my basic premise: After overhearing a plot for mass murder, seventeen-year-old Majesty Alistair doubts police believe her and aims to find the would-be-killers before they act. When she fails and violence rocks her semi-small town, Cedar Creek, the total conspiracy that unfolds is much bigger than she ever dreamed. And with her at the center of it all and danger pressing in from all corners, she soon cannot tell who is friend or who is foe.

I had a hard time finding teens that fit what's in my mind's eye.

Majesty, 17, ~ Emily VanCamp/but with dark hair. Maj is a tomboyish, t-shirt-&-jeans-kind of girl, feisty. She manages her high school's baseball team and reigns supreme in any verbal sparring match. She needs to look innocent and sweet but strong, without even a smidgen of conceit.

26254.jpg

Derek McCarthy ~ Matt Lanter, 17, best friends with Alec & Majesty. All American-type third baseman, who holds dark secrets that would make his best friends shudder and probably abandon him. He's also the object of Majesty's desire. Matt is perfect for Derek, cute, sexy and I believe he could nail his multiple facets, especially his dark brooding side. Just look at that pic! Wow!

2509_67103665985_67098410985_211916.jpg

Alec Trumble, 17. ~ Justin Hartley He's been friends with Majesty since preschool. And though he's in love with her, he's trying to get Derek to notice her because being with Derek would make her happy. Alec has blue green eyes, but this is the closest fit. Zac Efron is far too pretty. Alec's more of a guy guy. Tough & athletic but sensitive too.

justin_hartley.jpg

Preston Reilly, 17 ~ Eric von Detten. Rich, popular, in fact, he's the king, but he's tired of doing what people expect. He's ready to surprise.

TI4U_u1147101649.jpg

Warren Niles, 17 ~ Michael Pitt/but with a crown of gelled daggers, dark lipstick and a stud in his eyebrow. He's an ostracized and ridiculed loner, with one friend, Jase. This Goth is trying to change the world one artistic endeavor at a time.

Michael_Pitt_i10.jpg

Blake, 17, Taylor Lautner. Best friends with Preston. He resents being referred to as a sidekick, so don't even think it. He's pretty much snide to everyone except his pack of Elites. With his quick wit, Majesty realizes he's her perfect sparring opponent. Only problem is: she loathes him.

400_tlautner_rmickshaw_090324_84237.jpg

Last edited:

maddicharmed

I'm not the writer I used to be.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh god, Courtney! I love Justin Hartley, he is just perfect. I love your cast by the way, they seem to fit really well all together. Which is awesome!

courtneyv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cvwriter.wordpress.com
Thank you. I had to search high and low for the right celebs. The only one I've had nailed down for months was Matt Lanter. I didn't know who he was. I saw him in an episode of CSI and saw my character. I hunted down his name. And when I saw his pics, I was like, oh yeah. Definitely.

maddicharmed

I'm not the writer I used to be.
Registered
Reaction score
OK, the people that I use for my novel are the following:

hitcher2.jpg

Selene: The girl with an interesting past.

housepre2.jpg

Damon: The boy who breaks the rules.

boyd_editorial_doingbird10.jpg

Azrael: The boy who knows what he wants.

channing_tatum.jpg

Alex: The boy who gave up everything.

Elisha+Cuthbert+1.jpg

Kat: The girl who thinks she's insane.

Yep, their my characters.

Vero

I want one!
Registered
Reaction score
This post made me waste my whole day searching for and playing with photos instead of writing (and taking care of my kids oops!)

Ok so my character descriptions are very specific and could not find people to really fit the role... so I had to make them... I only made 2 so far.. I'll have to come back when I have more... hopefully not soon I should be witting! ;)

Lizzy /Eliza

Lizzy, the MC and narrator, starts going by the name of Eliza and undergoes a transformation when she travels to a foreign world, in the process activating some ancient magic that had been dormant within her.

Lizzy (Before)

6135_218880865320_642695320_7509981_2747153_n.jpg

picture is of model Courtt on model madness

Eliza (After)
6135_218806015320_642695320_7508414_6025515_n.jpg

Tyler

No pic yet (though his should be easy)

Lizzy's perfect boyfriend.. or nearly perfect.

He had beautiful dark brown hair that would probably reach down to his chin in the front, if it wasn't always styled to the side without a single hair out of place, piercing blue eyes that would cause anyone's heart to skip a beat, and gorgeous lips that would make a supermodel jealous. He was tall and lean and suited the school uniform so well that you would swear it was designed with him in mind. He walked with a certain cat-like grace that made me feel like a blustering fool next to him.

Calamus

A mysterious person whose destiny seems to be somehow enter twined with Lizzy's, even though they live in different worlds. There's something about Calamus that is too perfect, almost inhuman... There is an edge of danger to him too.

6135_218738980320_642695320_7506098_601608_n.jpg

picture based on a photo of male model Rafael Verga

Repartee

Queen of Hearts
Registered
Reaction score
Angelina Jolie: Fay, my MC. She works for a crime boss, and is primarily an assassin.
aj.jpg

Daniel Craig: Jason. Also works for the crime boss, is Fay's partner.
dcraig.jpg

Johnny Depp: Donny. Old-fashioned American gangster. Does kidnapping on the side.
jdep.jpg

George Clooney: Cole, the crime boss ;)
george-clooney-picture-2.jpg

AmandaAcidic

Good morning beautiful!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandalynb.blogspot.com
Reviving this semi old thread.

I just realized who my MC from College for Witches, Elvira, looks like
Buffy.jpg
]

I don't know how I didn't see it before. She is my favorite actress after all and I'm in love with Buffy. It's so perfect.

Leah_Michelle

Fangirling
Registered
Reaction score
Trapped in my own mind. It's scary in here!
Website
leahclement.blogspot.com
I'm bumping an awesome thread and changing some of my cast for Feral at the same time. Look at me multitask.
I found a much better person to play my MC rather than Ellen Page, who I originally had. I love Ellen Page, but she doesn't fit the bill as well :tongue

*****​

Feral is a post-apocalyptic urban novel about the last remnants of humanity creating a new city, only it becomes a corrupted dictatorship. A group of citizens flee the city's walls and take refuge in the distant forests. The people in the city call them Ferals, and thinks them to be nothing more than uneducated, brutish animals. Angered that they cannot control all of civilization, the government creates Scouts to track down and return Ferals to the city. They are then handed over to Adapters, who are tasked with transforming them to citizens and reintroducing them into society.

Seventeen-year-old Samara (Christian Serratos) is a Feral living in the old province of Ontario with her family. She allows herself to be captured by Scouts in order to protect her brother. She is taken back to the city to begin her training, but she doesn't simply let things happen smoothly. She makes it her last goal in life to undermine everything her Adapter tries to teach her. Failing to be trained would cost her her life, a sacrifice she is willing to make in order to be free from the tyranny.
christianserratos_1240741150.jpg

I really didn't want to use him because it seems like everyone else is, but when I saw Chace, he looked identical to Jeremy. He has the perfect face for him...

Jeremy Billings (Chace Crawford) is Samara's Adapter. She is the first Feral he has encountered, having it be his first year as an Adapter. Tasked with training her, he uses any means necessary to keep her under control. The more time he spends with her, the more he realizes that what he is doing is wrong and begins to think of ways to help her. To complicate matters more, his Godfather is Emperor McKinley--the corrupted dictator that thinks of Jeremy as a son.
ChaceCrawford.jpg

Brandon Dekker (Freddie Boath) is one of the Scouts that captures Samara. Innocent, young, and kind, Samara forgives him for his part played. He becomes her only friend.
freddie_boath_1177861828.jpg

EDIT: I found Samara's brother, Tyler (Hunter Gomez) :D only he needs shorter black hair. Unfortunately, he's too old now at 18, but this younger picture would be him.
Samara gave up her own life to keep Tyler save. She worries about him over her own predicament.
hunter_gomez_1164259550.jpg

Last edited:

downtherabbithole

Registered
Reaction score
Ah...love this thread! :) My new novel is in the very beginning stages, but I like the idea...

dakota-fanning-letterman.jpg

Dakota Fanning as Rebecca Graber: The young Amish woman with a terrible secret she's not sure how to tell.

elle-fanning-phoebe-in-wonderland-premiere.jpg

Elle Fanning as Ada Graber: Rebecca's younger sister who is not only deaf but suffers from a mild case of cerebral palsy.

MV5BNzM3MjI5MzM1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYzMTYwMg@@._V1._SX326_SY400_.jpg

Jamie Johnston as Jonas Graber as Rebecca's older brother who has since left his Amish lifestyle (haven't decided whether or not he's shunned yet).

nick-jonas-1.jpg

Nick Jonas as Jake Lowenstein the library paige who becomes Rebecca's first "Englischer" friend (non-Amish) and helps her tell her family the secret. Picture him with nerdy glasses too.

Or the character of Jake could also be played by Ken Baumann:
ken-baumann-as-ben-boykewich.jpg

Jake is a nerdy Jewish kid who reads a lot, so either Nick Jonas or Ken would do.

E_PennBadgely_325.jpg

Penn Badgely as Zeke Stotlzfus Rebecca's boyfriend.

(And no her secret is not about being pregnant ;), although that is always a good one!)

Last edited: