The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Got a full request today so that's really motivated me back into writing :) Shame my fingers are feeling too cold to type much!

Welcome back Red. Hope you feel better.

A thread isn't complete until you get a good sea lion fart joke in there.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Red! You live!!! Welcome back!

Hiya FruitTree! Can I come in the revision cave with you? Round two revisions on the way.

WOOT, Cake! Good luck on the request.

copperbeeches

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Cake. :D

And good luck to mayqueen as well, that sounds like a fab opportunity.

I am snuffly and sick (I will be soooo glad when this 'everyone gets ill all at once' season is over) and at home googling pictures of human hearts. I told someone once that my search history looks like an Old Norse serial killer's. It wasn't an exaggeration. :(

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the reps. :) Now, trying to figure out what to do for dinner.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
A thread isn't complete until you get a good sea lion fart joke in there.

This seems like a good rule for life, really. :D

Hugs to all you sick purgs and purgs with sick kiddos.

Cake, fingers crossed for you!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Cake, congrats! Hope it works out well!

Congrats, Cake. :D
I am snuffly and sick (I will be soooo glad when this 'everyone gets ill all at once' season is over) and at home googling pictures of human hearts. I told someone once that my search history looks like an Old Norse serial killer's. It wasn't an exaggeration. :(

Feel better! And that's the best thing I've read on the internet this week.

--

A friend just (fortunately) alerted me to the fact that I royally screwed up when spring break is on my syllabus. After I ran all the copies. *sigh* Last night I had a dream that I was holding class in a rickety truck stop during a blizzard. It must be the first week of a new semester.

Shveta

Dangling from rainbows
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Go, Cake, go!

I now have six queries out and one full (because a friend talked up the novel to his agent). EEE! I feel so lucky but think I should hide under the bed and never check my professional e-mail again.

ElJeffe

Registered
Reaction score
Finished the first round of new queries featuring Book ver. I-Lost-Count: This One Will Actually Find A Home Edition. The last batch of queries got me a partial request, this time I'm determined to get at least one full.

*Thinking positive thoughts*

*Failing to not notice how far away 6-8 weeks is*

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Howdy, all!

Hooray to Rickette! And to Cake! And to Shveta!

And hugs while dressed in full biohazard gear to the sick Purgies!

I got my flu shot really late. Like, uh, last week. Because I was moving, then traveling, and then I had the respiratory crud, and I didn't want to get a flu shot on top of that. Here's hoping I achieve full immunity before it hits CA hard (we are one of the only states left in the "minimal" cases category) because having had the real flu twice in the last 25 years, I am not anxious to repeat the experience.

Otherwise, I am past 6K on Book #5/Ellie #3. And still obsessing on the bass ukulele...I am going to walk to the Hawaiian store in Pacific Beach on Wednesday to try out the other brand. It's a nice 8 mile round trip. Anyone wanna join me? ;)

Having fun here in SD socializing with friends old and new. It's nice to know that I can come back here after not having lived here since college and plug into such a great social network.

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Yay to sammy & mayqueen!
Vamp dust to Cake & Shveta!
Vitamin C to copperbeeches!

I am trying to catch up. It's been hard. Little B recently had scarlet fever, but I've been going over paperwork for my publisher. All I can say is I am quite pleased with their communication and appreciation of author input.

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for Shveta and ElJeffe for getting the queries out there! Yay for Cake and a full request! Awesome!

It's been a while but I'm getting some stories subbed out in the world too. Sent out a few this morning, so move over on the waiting bench and make some space for me.

Sorry for all y'all that are sick. I'm with you on that one too. Not the flu - just a cold I've had for a week. Even stayed home today 'cause I'm trying to shake it. Settled in to be productive, then got the call from school to come pick up my son who is also now sick. Oh well.

On the fun side, my publisher sent me a first concept for a cover for my book. Crazy. It really makes it feel real. Yikes. (And I second Mrs. Brommers sentiment that it's nice to have a publisher that truly seems to want my opinion.)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for the full requests, Cake and Shveta! Shveta, you are in the game! Woohooo!

Grats on the weight loss, Sammy.

And sorry for Phoenix's sick kiddo and all the other little and big sickies out there in Purgieland.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Blondie, I'm right there with you. I spent all day yesterday writing 2 new chapters for the middle of my new one, and I have no motivation for revisions today. :)

Shveta, YAY! *fires up cuisinart* *tosses in cullen bits*

Rick, woohoo for kiddo!

My news of the day: I should have author copies very soon. HOLY CRAP! Actual books! *squee*

Also, though it's not strictly up for super public consumption, if you were to go to the netgalley page for FPF, you might find an advance praise section that has all the lovely things some of my very favorite authors have said that have had me floating for months now. One of those might also be from someone y'all know. ;) :D

Here's hoping for a great week in here. :)

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Fly-by hi and hugs and yay's from me.

I got cleared for graduation in both of my majors today, so as long as I don't screw up terribly this semester I might actually be a tad accomplished, graduating at the end of April. :D

I'm officially excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.