XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Cantina, Pegster!

I feel your pain, re: social anxiety. But in my experience most people aren't out to judge :)

Goooood afternoon, peeps!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I can't figure out where else to post this, so if it lacks spontaneity, humor and mystifying plot recoils, all I can say is 'whimper!' So Worldcon is coming up in a scant month, and I'm going, God willing, and the editor who has three of my mss says she's going to be there. She even told me where the easiest place to find her would be. It is also probable that her editor (who now has the first mss of the trio) will be there. They work for one of the NY houses that publishes some of my favorite Sci-Fi. So the problem is that the usual vagaries of self-esteem and behaving in unfamiliar environs makes me cautious of seeking them out. What if they don't like me? No contract yet, so what if they like the mss but think I'm a slob? Okay, just portly then? I'm generally well mannered but what if I contrive somehow to show my butt? I've been enjoying the anonymity of writing and sending mss out into the ether, but the prospects of meeting these folks is causing orifices to clench.

My advice: don't show your butt. Otherwise, be yourself.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Don't show your butt is usually rock solid advice for most social situations.

In other news, an author who's work I've read and admire just offered to beta-read my novella.

*fangirl squeeee moment*

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
1 Don't show your butt.
2 Don't get drunk.
3 Have fun.

And unless anyone here has two heads, editors, agents and other book peeps are unlikely to raise an eyebrow. They are used to dealing with crazy people eccentrics. :)

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, can someone explain how my dark, dramatic and serious fantasy revenge tale just turned into a swashbuckling adventure tale with magical sky pirates? Seriously, my brain is the most changeable, indecisive bitch in the world.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, oh mighty 10s. You are the wisest and smartest of all the Cantinarinos.

:popcorn:

Okay, can someone explain how my dark, dramatic and serious fantasy revenge tale just turned into a swashbuckling adventure tale with magical sky pirates?

Everything is better with sky pirates.

Dilemma: my cookies expire today and I have 6 left. Do I eat ALL THE COOKIES or throw some out?

Eat. The. Cookies.

icon-graphics-cookie-monster-939268.gif

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Did you guys miss me? I've spent all day at the hospital, in a morphine haze while they figured out why my stomach was giving me fits.

Figured it out: gallstones.

Damn, those things hurt. On the other hand, morphine is way way waaaaaayyyyy too nice. I don't trust that stuff.

:( :Hug2: Glad you're doing better. And from my mom's experience of having her gall bladder removed (in Germany while on vacation...), it was laparoscopic surgery, so while she didn't feel grand for a while, she could get up and move about pretty soon afterward. And, you know, fly home.

Today kind of sucked. Mostly.

:Hug2:

What the Christ is going on? It was all sunny one moment ago, then the sky just exploded into thunder and a crap-ton of hailstones.

And now the hail is stopped and it's sunny again... what the Hell, British weather?

Some US athlete must have packed midwest to northeast US summer weather.

Hey everybody! I can't figure out where else to post this, so if it lacks spontaneity, humor and mystifying plot recoils, all I can say is 'whimper!' So Worldcon is coming up in a scant month, and I'm going, God willing, and the editor who has three of my mss says she's going to be there. She even told me where the easiest place to find her would be. It is also probable that her editor (who now has the first mss of the trio) will be there. They work for one of the NY houses that publishes some of my favorite Sci-Fi. So the problem is that the usual vagaries of self-esteem and behaving in unfamiliar environs makes me cautious of seeking them out. What if they don't like me? No contract yet, so what if they like the mss but think I'm a slob? Okay, just portly then? I'm generally well mannered but what if I contrive somehow to show my butt? I've been enjoying the anonymity of writing and sending mss out into the ether, but the prospects of meeting these folks is causing orifices to clench.

Authors come in all shapes and sizes and personalities. So do editors... so yeah, what everyone else said: Be yourself.

In other news, I just had lunch with one of my favoritest authors. :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Dilemma: my cookies expire today and I have 6 left. Do I eat ALL THE COOKIES or throw some out?

How is this even a question.

*licks melted chocolate off fingers*

But if you don't want them, I'll take 'em.

:D

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
This is a dilemma? This should be a no-brainer. It's only 6 cookies.

Even if you don't eat them all today, in my experience as long as you wrap them up in some way, cookies tend to keep for a while past the expiration date.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I have packets of candy cigarettes from the mid-80s.

They are still edible. Don't ask me how I know this. :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
ION: My inner-hypochondriac is having a freak-out right now because I can't seem to stop shaking, especially my hands, and some part of my brain is terrified there's something that's gone terrible wrong with me...

Eat something high in sugar. IF it doesn't stop, make an appointment with a doctor.

If it does, congrats, your blood sugar was through the floor. If it happens more than once, make an appointment with a doctor.

Holy crow, really? I don't know anyone who wouldn't eat cookies a day or two past their due date.

Anyway, barring that, eat the buggers. Food of any kind is a priviledge we should not abuse.

astrodragon

New Dragon; thinking about coffee
Registered
Reaction score

Just leave them a note on the voodoo board, and say you'd like to meet them but its up to them (they probably have quite a few people they want to see).

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Minor gripe, I really wish people would stop making posts in personal threads and then deleting them. It makes me feel like horrible things are being said behind my back.

Status
Not open for further replies.