Are you going for PS4 or Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
I can highly recommend the 2/3DS if you like Pokemon and/or the Ace Attorney series. This has really made the console worthwhile for me. (Ocarina of Time and Animal Crossing are also great!)

Also, you get props for having excellent taste in games. Okami, Shin Megami Tensei AND point and clicks! :) Awesome taste.
I also enjoyed Okami-Den, though Okami is much bigger and better.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about those series! We even still have Animal Crossing for the GameCube, lol. :D We even still have old Pokemon games. Man, the memories!

Yeah, my dad got us into point and click games, so we would play King's Quest (v and vii and vii), Roberta's Mother Goose game, Monkey Island series, Humongous games like Freddi Fish/Patti Bear/Putt-Putt/Pajama Sam/Spy Fox, etc. :)

Ack, I put Final Fantasy games under my listing of cult-fav games, when they are pretty much mainstream (gaming audience-wise)!
I meant to add Odin Sphere, Muramasa (wii), Baten Kaitos (gamecube), Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Bayonetta (though I got bored with that one after awhile), etc, to that list. I'm currently playing (or re-playing) Playstation Classics, such as Legends of Dragoon, Final Fantasy vii/viii/ix, Spyro the Dragoon, Crash Bandicoot, and so much more.

One of my sis also love Mario games (I enjoy Super Smash Bros series) and other family-friendly games, while the other love more Japanese RPG's.

As you can see, we prefer PlayStation and Nintendo, and PC.

XBox doesn't really have too much to offer us except Gears of War and Halo (we've enjoyed both). But we can live without those two. :) With more mainstream games being multiplatform, that reduces our choice for XBox as well.

So, yeah, once the price lowers later on, we're definitely getting PS4 and 2/3DS. :)

Luckily, there are soooo many older games to play/re-play and to finish, while we're waiting for that price slash! (We rarely finish most games, lol.)

Last edited:

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I also enjoyed Okami-Den, though Okami is much bigger and better.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about those series! We even still have Animal Crossing for the GameCube, lol. :D We even still have old Pokemon games. Man, the memories!

Yeah, my dad got us into point and click games, so we would play King's Quest (v and vii and vii), Roberta's Mother Goose game, Monkey Island series, Humongous games like Freddi Fish/Patti Bear/Putt-Putt/Pajama Sam/Spy Fox, etc. :)

Ack, I put Final Fantasy games under my listing of cult-fav games, when they are pretty much mainstream (gaming audience-wise)!
I meant to add Odin Sphere, Muramasa (wii), Baten Kaitos (gamecube), Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Bayonetta (though I got bored with that one after awhile), etc, to that list. I'm currently playing (or re-playing) Playstation Classics, such as Legends of Dragoon, Final Fantasy vii/viii/ix, Spyro the Dragoon, Crash Bandicoot, and so much more.

One of my sis also love Mario games (I enjoy Super Smash Bros series) and other family-friendly games, while the other love more Japanese RPG's.

As you can see, we prefer PlayStation and Nintendo, and PC.

XBox doesn't really have too much to offer us except Gears of War and Halo (we've enjoyed both). But we can live without those two. :) With more mainstream games being multiplatform, that reduces our choice for XBox as well.

So, yeah, once the price lowers later on, we're definitely getting PS4 and 2/3DS. :)

Luckily, there are soooo many older games to play/re-play and to finish, while we're waiting for that price slash! (We rarely finish most games, lol.)

I love point and click games. I have good memories of sitting playing Monkey Island during rainy caravan holidays. :)

Oooh, I *need* to play Okamiden! It looked so cute.

I got bored with Bayonetta too, which is a shame because I really like some of the ideas behind it. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are legendary -- I picked up the Spyro series on the PS3 recently for some replaying nostalgia. :D

It may not be en-vogue these days, but I shall remain PC. ;-)

There's been a few Steam fans in the thread so far. You're in good company. :D

I love PC, and Nintendo handhelds, and the PS3. There are too many version-exclusives these days for me to stick to one platform.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
PS4, though it's going to be quite a while until I purchase one.

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
If you actually buy a lot of games I think the best value is definitely the PC.

On the other hand if you're just a hardcore fan of a few franchises (e.g. Call of Duty, Halo, etc.), then it's off to console land.

I'll probably eventually buy a PS4, but it'll probably be thanksgiving of 2015 during a black friday sale.

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
I stopped liking consoles after the PS2.

I don't want to subscribe to a monthly service, or purchase games digitally. I like the sensation of holding a disc in my hand, and knowing that this is my game, to use, loan, share, or sell at my behest.

I feel like these companies are using new tech to screw their customers over, and I want no part of that.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
I stopped liking consoles after the PS2.

I don't want to subscribe to a monthly service, or purchase games digitally. I like the sensation of holding a disc in my hand, and knowing that this is my game, to use, loan, share, or sell at my behest.

I feel like these companies are using new tech to screw their customers over, and I want no part of that.

Eh? All my PS3 games are on discs. The overwhelming majority of my PC games are on Steam (ie digital download). The only monthly service I subscribe to is Star Wars: The Old Republic....on PC.

Cwright

Mmm... Mexican Food
Registered
Reaction score
I've owned both MS and Sony products since the first PS and Xbox, and I'm going with the Xone this time for sure. Specs are comparable, but I like the feel of the Xone controller much more. I also enjoy the games and the competitive edge on Live. The motion sensors are certainly better with Xbox live, which will make gaming fun with my wife and friends on silly games.

I can't wait for Ryse!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
we've been in the Xbox camp since day 1, mainly because my oldest son wanted Halo. But now he wants to switch to the PS4 for Christmas (we'll see if its even available) because of all the nightmare rumors revolving around the Xbox One, like you don't buy games, you lease them, Homeland Security can spy on you and take naked pictures... That kind of stuff.

At this point, I'll have to take a long hard look at them. The fact that you can't play any of your old games means its a coin toss on which console to get. Why should we be brand loyal if neither company cares about our prior game investment.

Besides, Bungee doesn't do Halo any more so the next one will probably suck. :)

Last edited:

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I have had my ps4 for a week and I must say, I'm rather content. Sure, I would love if there were more games available at launch, but neither console has many. I've found that over the years I tend to lean more to Sony for the simple reason that Xbox's tend to be more into shooters and racers. Neither are types of games I like. Also Sony has had some of my favorite franchises. Uncharted and inFamous just to name two.

I still get plenty of exposure to Xbox and well see what the xboxone has in store.

Creative Ghost

Gone and Come Again
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not going for either right now, but I have my eye on Steam's upcoming new system. Since the new consoles were announced, I've kinda had it in my mind to switch to a living room PC setup anyway instead of buying either. Steam would satisfy that (if it works as advertised.)

I currently own an Xbox360 and a Playstation 3. The reason for my thinking of getting a PC Rig in the future instead of the next gen of either is - the games.

It seems like both systems games are becoming kinda like movies now. They're not making the innovative, more intellectually stimulating games but are investing more time and money into things like "Space Shooter 5!", "War Killing Game 7!!", "Be A Scumbag Thug Crimelord 19!!!" and "Derivative Remake 4!"

I've been getting more into games I can take my time with - like strategy. RPG and more leisurely-paced, adventure/exploration-centric games.

Plus, I'd like to be able to add mods to games I've already played and get more replay value to them. As well as improving the gameplay in general.

So, for now, the answer is neither. I'll wait and then probably build a living room PC I can play games on and watch Netflix etc. Or get a steam machine.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no interest in either one for now. My Xbox 360 still works well and when it stops working I'll gravitate to my son's PS3. I only play Madden and NBA 2K anyway.

Not being a "I gotta have it NOW!" sort of guy means I don't get tech envy over not having the newest, coolest and shiniest new toy. Besides, I've never been one to buy the first generation of a product. Whatever is wrong in the initial edition is typically corrected by the next version.

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
I'm keeping my 3DS because I'm not ready to sell my kidney to get those consoles

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
A bit of a disagreement in our household at the moment. The BBITW (Best Boy in the world) is coming up to his 13th birthday and would like a kick-ass gaming PC.

I'm tempted by the PS4.

The Mem probably doesn't want us to have either of them ...

Sephirotha

Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I'm going for the PS4. I have had a go at playing Xbox but I didn't particularly like the controls, the buttons were in different positions and I kept killing people by accident in Fable II.
With PS4, I hope to get the future games such as Final Fantasy XV and I can also expand my range of games to play. I aspire to design video games and would love to experience a wider range of games, rather than just keep to the handheld consoles.

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
Xbox One for me, if I can ever afford it. I barely ever touch the PS3 and don't get the same satisfaction from trophies as I get from achievements.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I actually don't like the PS controller. They're both sort of cramped for me. But it's worse for me with the PS than the XBox controller.

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
I barely ever touch the PS3 and don't get the same satisfaction from trophies as I get from achievements.

What's the difference? I have a PS3, and I'm miffed that I can't deactivate or delete trophies. They're annoying.

I'm not going to get a new console anytime soon. But if I don't skip this generation altogether, it's probably going to be a PS4. My consoles never connect to the internet and Sony seems marginally less interested in forcing a connection. (For now.)

If an internet connection becomes mandatory, I'll either switch to PC (which has the connection anyway) or quit gaming altogether.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
What's the difference? I have a PS3, and I'm miffed that I can't deactivate or delete trophies. They're annoying.

Ugh, yes. I've finished a difficult and emotinally-grinding part of the game! One of my characters died, and it was at best a phyrric victory, but such is war... *ding! Lame pun!*

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
I just like them. They make me happy inside. I'm a completist and it still annoys me that I can't get my full gamerscore for Fable 3 because of that damn We're Going to Need Lots of Guns achievement (five playthroughs and many hours of online play and I'm still missing two of them).

Note: I'm not saying that anyone else is wrong to dislike them or find them pointless, just that I personally enjoy them.

sciencewarrior

It's alive!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting a WiiU. It's finally getting a solid line-up, the bundles have attractive prices, and more importantly, all the games my kid wants to play are on it. When I want to play "big boy" games, I use the PC.

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
I just like them. They make me happy inside. I'm a completist and it still annoys me that I can't get my full gamerscore for Fable 3 because of that damn We're Going to Need Lots of Guns achievement (five playthroughs and many hours of online play and I'm still missing two of them).

Note: I'm not saying that anyone else is wrong to dislike them or find them pointless, just that I personally enjoy them.

If trophies are fun it's good to have them. For me, they're not. I'd like the option to deactivate them, so they don't take up space on my hard drive. (It's not really the space; it's knowing they're there. I don't like clutter.)

Ugh, yes. I've finished a difficult and emotinally-grinding part of the game! One of my characters died, and it was at best a phyrric victory, but such is war... *ding! Lame pun!*
I hear you can deactivate that message at least (added in one of the patches, I think). Reminds me to go hunt for that option.

sciencewarrior said:
I'm getting a WiiU. It's finally getting a solid line-up, the bundles have attractive prices, and more importantly, all the games my kid wants to play are on it. When I want to play "big boy" games, I use the PC.

Backwards-compatible with the Wii, which I don't have. So that's definitely an option. I'm still using my PS2, though, and I'm running out of console space, so...

Last edited:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
No Xbox in this house. I refuse to give any money to them.
So if we get a new console, it'll be the PS4.

*btw Steam was the single worst gaming/computer/customer service experience ever in my life. I'll be cursing their name for years to come.*

Hyperminimalism

I'm a Bolerian
Registered
Reaction score
Can I still get in on this? I'm all about the Playstation 4, and Christmas gifts finally put me over the mark for my fund. Now, if only I could find one...

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I managed to snag a PS4 as a gift for the hubby. So far, we love it. We've only played the new Assassin's Creed and Madden on it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.