Are you going for PS4 or Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperminimalism

I'm a Bolerian
Registered
Reaction score
That's kind of the disappointing thing about the new gen consoles this year. There aren't too many games available just yet. But in Feb/March, there are two I want to play, so that's an alright start. Of course, it'll just get better from here!

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I bought a Wii because I wanted to play Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I bought a PS3 because I needed a Blu-Ray player, so I figured I'd get one that could play Skyrim.

I bought a 3DS because I wanted to play Pokemon X and Y.

If I get PS4 or Xbox One, it'll be because I want to play something on one of them

That hasn't happened yet. (When it does, it's more likely to be on the PS4.)

Last edited:

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I really want a WiiU, but it's only to play the Mario games. Given the choice between than and the PS4 that both hubby and I wanted, I chose PS4. I wish there were more games out for it, but I'm being patient.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Still haven't decided on which 4th Gen to get.

We've got two XBox 360s, which get used every day. We have hundreds - maybe thousands - invested in games for those consoles, so we're not going to look at upgrading until we have to.

We did get a Wii U this Christmas from my mother-in-law. My 11-year-old likes it.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I stopped liking consoles after the PS2.

I don't want to subscribe to a monthly service, or purchase games digitally. I like the sensation of holding a disc in my hand, and knowing that this is my game, to use, loan, share, or sell at my behest.

I feel like these companies are using new tech to screw their customers over, and I want no part of that.

Yes, I don't think I'll be buying the PS4 or the Xbox One. We'll stick with the PS3 for now, and probably for quite some time. In addition to this, the lack of backwards compatibility is a problem, because I'd probably want to get rid of our PS3. I think the likeliest scenario is that after they stop making new games for the PS3, we just buy new games we want to play for the 3DS.

Unless Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5 comes out only for the PS4, in which case, I'm still probably not going to buy a console, but it may be that my boyfriend has other plans.

Hyperminimalism

I'm a Bolerian
Registered
Reaction score
Microsoft and Sony scrapped the idea of going disc-less because the consumer was simply not ready to make that transition. However, it is an option if you do want to purchase games digitally. And being able to loan, share, or trade is also still an option. The rumors about not being able to do with your games as you please were simply that: rumors--for now, at least.

Helen St. James

Queen of Styrofoam Cups
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to go with Xbox One, mostly because that's what my teenage son wants. Of course, I don't play too many games, though every once in a while he convinces me to play some Diablo III (what can I say? I love loot!).

So yeah, probably the Xbox One.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Microsoft and Sony scrapped the idea of going disc-less because the consumer was simply not ready to make that transition.

It's not the consumers who aren't ready. It's the ISPs. Too many people still have low data caps and insufficient bandwidth.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
It's not the consumers who aren't ready. It's the ISPs. Too many people still have low data caps and insufficient bandwidth.

Dunno about MS, but the Playstation store is way more expensive than pretty much anywhere else. I guess that would change if digital downloads became the thing, but at the moment, even with my nice shiny fibre broadband, I'm sticking to discs for the moment.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
And being able to loan, share, or trade is also still an option. The rumors about not being able to do with your games as you please were simply that: rumors--for now, at least.

Those restrictions were very close to becoming realities with the Xbox One, but somehow Microsoft noticed the negative feedback and backpedaled on them.

dontpanic

and carry a towel
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting for more releases for next-gen consoles and poring over my favourite walkthrough-ers on Youtube before I decide. Growing up I adored my PS1 (and still do) but these days Xbox 360 is my console of choice. I like some of the Playstation exclusive releases, but I play those on friends' consoles so it's not a problem. I don't feel comfortable with the cameras on the next-gen consoles (I think they both have them) and the level of surveillance we have come to accept.

Basically I'm biding my time until most of the bugs have been smoothed out and more games have been created. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.