Self-Publishing my first book on Kindle...DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Outlaw_Torn

California Lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Well, I finally did it. I got the job done by publishing my first book on Amazon Kindle!

Here's what it's about:

Three Korean-American families reside in a small but charming California city. All of them are related, but they just couldn't be more different from each other. One family belongs in the upper middle class, complete with sophisticated tastes and some really strict ethics. No dinner until the kids finish their math homework with every answer correct. The second family is the exact opposite of the first: no pretensions, no finesse, no piano lessons. These are the kinds of people who would prefer a trip to the ballpark over a trip to a botanical garden. The third and last of the bunch is right in the middle of both worlds. One can expect the father to enjoy a good hockey game in one day, and just sit back and listen to a Mozart sonata in another. But just because these people may have drastically different lifestyles doesn't mean they should overlook one another. After all, family does come first. Just the mere sight of a young boy filming his cousin's embarrassing moments and uploading them on the internet gives credibility to that famous saying. Korean Americans (Volume One) is a collection of fourteen short stories that deal with smartphones, education, sports, and most important of all, family life.

By the way, the author name is not my real name. It's a pseudonym that I'll be using for this planned series.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QADB7YY/?tag=absowrit-20

unionrdr

wannbe author
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on Kindle! I have two books on there myself. I decided to use my real name. Almost used my user name (like here), since I use that name on several forums. Not sure I made a mistake with that choice or not. It still takes a lot of marketing on your part to generate sales, however. Post in your sig line on forums that'll allow it. Or on your facebook page/wall. Anywhere you can. Funny hoe my homebrewing book started on the UK top 100 list at #3, while my sci-fi book fell on it's face after being in & out of the top 100.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
This is more of a goals-and-accomplishments thread than a self-publishing thread, I think, so I'll move it to the appropriate room.

Status
Not open for further replies.