Hello all

STING

Still figuring it out
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. I am from the south of India. I have just finished my ‘novel in stories’ and hoping to submit it to agents in the next few days. Found absolutewrite through google and, after some random browsing, liked it. Thanks for letting me on board.

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and good luck with your novel!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

positivePXL

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck finding an agent, this forum has a lot of relevant threads that you can stalk for a while, maybe you'll even learn something new.

positivePXL [+PXL]

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sting! :welcome: Congrats on the finished book! How exciting!

ebrillblaiddes

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! This is a really good corner of the internet.

Have you checked out particular agents to send it to? Remember that they should be making money by making money for you (which they get a percentage of), not from reading fees or any such nonsense.

STING

Still figuring it out
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! What kind of novel have you written?

Thanks. After a couple of years of hair-pulling, I have decided that 'political/satirical thriller' is the label that fits it best. And it's a 'novel in stories'.

Hi Sting! :welcome: Congrats on the finished book! How exciting!

...and tense!

Have you checked out particular agents to send it to? Remember that they should be making money by making money for you (which they get a percentage of), not from reading fees or any such
nonsense.

Thanks. I'll remember that. I have shortlisted eight agents. I am trying my luck with four of them first.

StephLondon

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on finishing a novel!! I'd say I'm jealous, but it's more like a feeling of pride. I can only imagine the amount of work you put into it. I'm new too. Google is a pretty great tool. ;)

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Writing and finishing a book is a major accomplishment. Congrats! Good luck with the next steps. Keep us updated!:e2salute:

Jack

SymbolicGuitar

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! Welcome to the forum! What exactly do you mean by "a novel in stories"? Is it like a bunch of shorts that all take place around the same time/events?