A good place to start . . . Hello!

Chessiejenna

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm just starting to make my way around Absolute Write. To be among a group of people who love the written word as I do will be fantastic!

A few tidbits about me:
- I live in Oregon, but I'm originally from South Dakota. No, in answer to your unspoken question, there are few states more diverse than these two.
- I have a dog, Frankie. She's a Chesapeake Bay Retriever - thus, Chessiejenna.
- My favorite dessert are donuts. Love 'um. Not maple though. That's icky.

You'll be seeing me around, hopefully. And I'm going to have to get me a new avatar. Hmmm . . .

Jenna

SymbolicGuitar

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Jenna!
I am from Nova Scotia, have a plant (steve), and have never eaten a maple doughnut because they strike me as being inherently flawed in some way.
What kind of fiction are you into?
Devon

Chessiejenna

Registered
Reaction score
Nova Scotia, well you couldn't get much further away from me if North America would allow, Devon. I had a plant once, it died. It was likely exposed to a maple donut.

Oh, I read all kinds of fiction. Historical, mystery, whatever GOT is classified as, thriller, romance, fantasy. Not big into horror, don't know why?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I love dogs! I also love maple dounuts. That's right. I said it. Especially maple old fashions... But you should keep in mind that I've been living in Sweden for the past five years and there is absolutely no maple here. In fact, the donut scene is pretty shabby all around. Don't get me wrong, they have some crazy impressive pastries going on here, but I think a real donut shop would blow some minds. Oh man, and donut holes. I miss those weird little rejects.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum! And GOT is a fantasy.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Man, reading your intro post made me really miss all the flavours of donuts you can get in the states. When I was doing my undergrad in the US, I was obsessed with Carot Cake Donuts.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Jenna. :hi:

I moved from drier pines and farmland Montana to more rainy pines and farmland Oregon. It's about as diverse as my comfort zone allows. :D

But for diversity, you're absolutely in the right place at Absolute Write. :welcome:.

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Hi Jenna, welcome to AW. I was a Texan living in North Dakota for seven winters, so I understand diversity (lol). Finally moved back to Texas and shed all those parkas and insulated boots - Mukluks (I know that has to spelled wrong, sorry). Loved the friendly people, though the cold and snow was hard to take. Spent most of those years on the Canadian border dreaming about sunshine and Texas (lol). Anyway, good luck with all your ventures.

Last edited:

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

I haven't yet met a donut I didn't like! Maple donuts are especially tasty. :D

Chessiejenna

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I love dogs! I also love maple dounuts. That's right. I said it. Especially maple old fashions... But you should keep in mind that I've been living in Sweden for the past five years and there is absolutely no maple here. In fact, the donut scene is pretty shabby all around. Don't get me wrong, they have some crazy impressive pastries going on here, but I think a real donut shop would blow some minds. Oh man, and donut holes. I miss those weird little rejects.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum! And GOT is a fantasy.

Mmmm... donut holes should be illegal. To stop at one is impossible.

And yes, I suppose the dragons firmly place GOT in the fantasy category. I just hope it doesn't get stuck in the unfinished zone.

Chessiejenna

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Jenna. :hi:

I moved from drier pines and farmland Montana to more rainy pines and farmland Oregon. It's about as diverse as my comfort zone allows. :D

But for diversity, you're absolutely in the right place at Absolute Write. :welcome:.

I LOVE Montana! The mountains are so beautiful. At least Oregon doesn't get the snow like Montana. Are you on the East side of the state? I'm in the Willamette Valley.

Chessiejenna

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jenna, welcome to AW. I was a Texan living in North Dakota for seven winters, so I understand diversity (lol). Finally moved back to Texas and shed all those parkas and insulated boots - Mukluks (I know that has to spelled wrong, sorry). Loved the friendly people, though the cold and snow was hard to take. Spent most of those years on the Canadian border dreaming about sunshine and Texas (lol). Anyway, good luck with all your ventures.

Tom, you have my absolute most sincere condolences. To live in North Dakota for seven winters is a punishment I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

One of my brothers lives in Texas now. He loves it. And his kids are getting cute accents.

Chessiejenna

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Man, reading your intro post made me really miss all the flavours of donuts you can get in the states. When I was doing my undergrad in the US, I was obsessed with Carot Cake Donuts.

I have never partaken in this delight. And I don't think it's good to know they exist.

And I must say, I am exceptionally delighted to see my introduction thread turned into a donut appreciation thread. There are, I imagine, not enough of these - particularly on a board target toward writers and writing.

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hi Chessiejenna,

I got just one thing to add; Bacon Maple Bar Doughnuts - are incredibly good... or bad, depending upon your addiction.

I have two dogs, a Big Black Lab, and his mom, a Collie Mix. And a Black Cat for luck.

I am currently in SoCal, but I spent some time playing 'Wild Bill' Hickok at the 'Old Style' #10 Saloon in Deadwood SD - and I absolutely love it there.

Good luck with your work, and see ya around the cooler.

Chessiejenna

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Chessiejenna,

I got just one thing to add; Bacon Maple Bar Doughnuts - are incredibly good... or bad, depending upon your addiction.

I have two dogs, a Big Black Lab, and his mom, a Collie Mix. And a Black Cat for luck.

I am currently in SoCal, but I spent some time playing 'Wild Bill' Hickok at the 'Old Style' #10 Saloon in Deadwood SD - and I absolutely love it there.

Good luck with your work, and see ya around the cooler.

Fun little nugget - My oldest brother went to Deadwood for his bachelor party. Ended up scratching his cornea, had to wear an eye patch and spend his day out of the sun. So, to pass the time he threw some quarters in a slot. Won a Cadillac.

The moral of this story, kids: Get drunk, do stupid stuff and win a car!