The NFL 2012 Season

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm off to bed as it's nearly midnight here. But thanks for the offer. I'll catch up with you for the games tomorrow.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
If the Ravens pull this off, I am going to laugh my fool butt off. Not because I'm a Ravens fan, I'm a Pat fan. But because I can't stand Manning.
That will mean that Tebow has a better playoff record in Denver than Manning!!

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Wow that was a good game. Manning pulled his routine and blew it with an INT at a crucial point.
Oddly, I don't worry about Eli during the regular season, but playoffs he's at an entirely different level.
Peyton is the exact opposite. Regular season he's dangerous. Post season? He is prone to doing things like this.
He's 9-11 in the post season. 1-4 following a bye, and 0-4 below 40 degrees.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
Wow that was a good game. Manning pulled his routine and blew it with an INT at a crucial point.
Oddly, I don't worry about Eli during the regular season, but playoffs he's at an entirely different level.
Peyton is the exact opposite. Regular season he's dangerous. Post season? He is prone to doing things like this.

Are you willing to give Flacco any credit now? He now has a 12-2 td/int ratio in the last 3 years in the playoffs.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Are you willing to give Flacco any credit now? He now has a 12-2 td/int ratio in the last 3 years in the playoffs.

I will admit that Flacco played a solid game. I want to see more of them before I'll chalk him up to elite level, but after tonight?
I think he played a solid game. One more week and we'll see how he does then, as well.
But congrats to the Ravens fans. The entire team stepped up and played VERY well. (Boldin, however, deserves a raise. The man is a beast.)

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Wow! What a game, and what a marathon. I just about had heart failure ten times, and I'm not even a hard-core Ravens fan. I'm so glad they won, but what a long, long game.

ETA: And how about Torrey Smith, representing my alama mater, the Univ. of Maryland? I always love seeing him since I watched him while we were both in college.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
The last three playoff games might be the three best games of Flacco's career.

He had 389 passing yards, and 3 touchdowns against the Patriots. (but the 3rd one, which should have sent the Ravens to the Super Bowl, was dropped.)

He had a 130 qb rating last week against the Colts. He had like a 22.5 YPC. Ridiculous.

Then today. 116 qb rating. 334 passing yards, 3 touchdowns. Without a doubt, he outplayed Peyton Manning. Also, Flacco has outplayed Tom Brady every time they've played in his career.

Flacco is shaping up to be one of the most clutch quarterbacks in the NFL. If he wins the Super Bowl this year, you could argue he's the most clutch quarterback in the NFL.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Niners took the Pack to task tonight. Today has been a stunning day for the NFL. While both games were good, The Ravens game was pretty much historic.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The thing that really shocked me about that win, was the Ravens O-line. This is a line that has struggled in a lot of games during the season and just recently go shuffled around again; yet they were able to stop some great pass rushers two weeks in a row.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Meh. That's as much about who he's facing and the rest of his team. Ditto for every other quarterback.

And Manning didn't blow last night's game, the Bronco D did. That last regulation-time TD was ridiculous. It was an awful ball to throw, should have been intercepted or batted down at the very least. Flacco gets credit for the TD pass, but it was more of an own-goal.

Them's the breaks, though.

I'm good with the Ravens' win, don't get me wrong, but Manning--despite his playoff record--is in a class by himself, imo. He'll be a major force in the NFL--on the sidelines or the field--for as long as he wants to be.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
I was shocked at the ineptitude of the Bronco's secondary and the Ravens' special teams, and at Peyton pulling a Favre.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
20-0 nothing right now. Seahawks just can't match up to those backs. Hawks seem to be scared to cut Wilson loose to run. He's had a few holes he could have picked up some yards on.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Ben.

That seems odd cos Wilson has been running all season. It's pretty much how they got where they are.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
They let him run a bit this last series. Oddly, they are now first and goal. They might be able to put some points on the board before the half.
Unfortunately, I am fixing to have to get on the road, as I have work that simply MUST be completed today, and if I'm going to miss a game, it'll be this one.