• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

beta reader for a chapter or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguin girl

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is logical, so I'm asking the community.

My novel is complete, and I have a good beta reader. I've had a few other beta readers who weren't able to finish the book for assorted reasons. My book is suspenseful women's fiction.

Are there beta readers who would look at a chapter or two -- from the middle of my book? If you'd like, I can include a synopsis, but it might be interesting to hear the thoughts of a reader who just dropped in...

I'm happy to offer the same for interested readers. PM me if you're interested. Thank you!

Last edited:

cat_named_easter

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, this sounds really interesting - I'd definitely be willing to help out. Could I possibly ask the same? I have a complete science-fiction/dystopian/drama type novel for adults and haven't really had any feedback on it yet. I could send you one or two chapters too?

PM me if you'd like :)

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
I take it there's a specific issue you want looked at with these middle chapters.

Even with a synopsis of events prior you're basically asking a beta to walk into the middle of a complex movie or long running series and try to get a quick sense of the characters and their world. The feedback might not be helpful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.