• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for Paranormal Detective Short-7.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, :hi:

I'm looking for a beta or a few to look over a short story I finished up recently. I've given it a few good edits, so it's pretty clean, but I'd like to get some extra eyes on it before sending it out into the real world. I have a tendency to repeat words or phrases, so I'd ask that you keep an eye open for that. An especially quick turn-around isn't necessary.

The story follows a paranormal detective and his partner investigating a string of strange murders, some of which involve skinned victims. As it currently stands, it's just shy of 7,500 words. It's currently untitled. The first 2,000 words are up in the horror SYW, here:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293970

If you think we'd be a good match, PM me or respond here.

I'm up for exchanges of equal-ish length. I'll read horror, thriller, science-fiction, mystery, fantasy, but I'm not well-read in romance or erotica, so I couldn't give an honest critique there.

Thanks all in advance.

P.S. Swearing, violent imagery, etc. I don't want to surprise anyone here.

EDIT: The excerpt in SYW is in present tense. The story's since been edited so that the entire thing is in past tense. My apologies for not catching this before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.