• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for writing buddies across multiple genres

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralletters

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I would love a writing buddy (or more than one) for mutual encouragement, cheerleading, potential beta reading, bouncing ideas off of and all manner of good and helpful things!

I write in a number of different areas, as I happen to get bored just sticking to one. My current WIPs include an urban fantasy, a couple of erotic short stories, a contemporary fantasy road trip, a contemporary story about siblings, queer fairy tale retellings and a YA/NA M/M romance.

Yeah, I'm a bit scatterbrained.

I'd love to find people who are enthused, excited and eager (alliteration unintentional) who are open minded, excited to enable and be enabled into creating wonderful and interesting stories. Also, if you happen to be a freelancer, that would be really cool, as I am currently trying to do freelance work and could use someone who understands all the muckiness and such that comes with trying to do that.

If I've not scared you off yet, please feel free to PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

sayamini

i could go for another cappuccino.
Registered
Reaction score
What caught my eye is the "contemporary story about siblings." My WIP is primarily about twin pairs. It's psychological-ish science fiction. I'd love to get to know you/talk about writing/be a cheerleader!

Asker

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I contemplated just stealing your ad, it sounds a LOT like me. I'm all for things queer (especially fairy tales, so far I have rewritten Sleeping Beauty, and have moved on to the little mermaid). I would love to write something like this http://archiveofourown.org/works/37247 but I get too entangled and end up with novels from even the simplest of ideas. Also a fan of m/m (and f/f), on occasion steamy, often romantic.
Besides the mermaids, I'm working on two different sex shifting novels, a traditional m/m high school romance and just writing down all the crazy ideas I have been getting since I started writing again.
Let me know if that sounds like your kind of crazy,
A.

Status
Not open for further replies.