Casting Your Novel

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Okay, so, in one thread we've been drooling over hot guys and it made me think of something fun. I do this when I start a novel, just to keep me grounded and feel excited.

Find images of actors to be your characters and post 'em up for us. Give us a little blurb on them too, to go with it, so we can sort of get to know them. I'll post mine after I see some of yours. :D

Mod Note: Make sure all images meet the AW requirements, listed in the FAQ: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258870

Last edited by a moderator:

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Okay, so, in one thread we've been drooling over hot guys and it made me think of something fun. I do this when I start a novel, just to keep me grounded and feel excited.

Find images of actors to be your characters and post 'em up for us. Give us a little blurb on them too, to go with it, so we can sort of get to know them. I'll post mine after I see some of yours. :D

I actually jacked these from fresh faces, so they're models/actors!!! Well, one is an actor and was in Freedom Writers.

Here's the link to my website(not the greatest, but it's a start, and you can take a sneaky peek there....I have an ensemble cast so there's too many to list!!!)

http://kristaashe.webs.com/theguardians.htm

Scroll down past the playlist and blurb.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Silver Moon Characters

Candra Lowell (Emma Roberts):
Candra's the MC. The book is told in her perspective. She finds out that she's a werewolf after she moves to CT to live with her aunt and uncle.

emma-roberts.jpg

Jana Rendall (Selena Gomez):
Jana is Candra's best friend. She was there for her when nobody was.

selena-gomez-nyc-nc.jpg

Blake Thomas (Kevin Zegers):
Blake is Jana's boyfriend. Also good friend of Candra's.

112198-albums3995-picture21871.jpg

Benjamin Conway (Michael Copon):
Ben is Candra's crush/love interest. But he and his family are also her sworn enemies.

copon1.jpg

Cameron Conway (Penn Badgley):
Cameron loathes Candra with a passion. He's determined to make her life hell.

penn-badgley-hot-hunk.0.0.0x0.423x629.jpeg

Ethan Conway (Ryan Donowho):
The youngest of the Conway brothers, Ethan is sidekick to Cameron.

l914e2801f4a4ff2383cd31gx8.jpg

Aunt Elizabeth (Beth)(Jennifer Connelly):
Beth is sister to Candra's mom, and she and her husband (Randy) agreed to take Candra after a few problematic spurts.

jennifer+connelly_855_18344281_0_0_2446_300_4yz6FHmGa0zA.jpg

Uncle Randolph (Randy)(Robert Downey, Jr.):
Randy pushes Beth to tell Candra what she really is.

downey.jpg

I have four other characters that I haven't searched pictures for. But this is the main cast. :D

paranormalchick

Book Worm & YA writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com
I actually jacked these from fresh faces, so they're models/actors!!! Well, one is an actor and was in Freedom Writers.

Here's the link to my website(not the greatest, but it's a start, and you can take a sneaky peek there....I have an ensemble cast so there's too many to list!!!)

http://kristaashe.webs.com/theguardians.htm

Scroll down past the playlist and blurb.
Wow June....awesome blog :)

Becca----love the cast :)

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
My dream movie is animated, so I DON'T NEED TO WORK WITH STUPID ACTORS!

Well...

I need to work with voice actors.

But they're a better kind of actor anyway.

Here is Pix

pixlcomm.jpg

Jimmy comes later.

AmandaAcidic

Good morning beautiful!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandalynb.blogspot.com
This guy
l_f7f71be820e8baf91cc15504e64ecad3.jpg

(James McAvoy) is Aiden from C.F.W. I based Aiden off of him but I didn't do that for any of the other characters.

Aiden's a college junior and the love interest. He's really goofy and playful and really good to El. He also happens to be rich.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
It certainly can help to have an image as a reference to your protagonist - and nothing to stop you using casting combinations that would be impossible in real life. That's Barbara Stanwyck in my avatar, from the film Baby Face, made in 1933. Imagine her opposite someone like James McAvoy, say.

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
He also happens to be rich.
That never hurts...hehehehee....

June: I love the idea of the Angels! Really cool stuff! Have you read ETERNAL? One of the MCs is a guardian angel. Really interesting and cool. I have a sort of angelic creature in my novel GOLDEN, called El. They're fierce warriors. Their task is to keep order. I try to make them seem foreboding and frightening. Hopefully it works. :)

Becca: WOW, I love the pics! And were stories are so fun! If Robert D. Jr. is the uncle then I definitely wanna read it!!! Hehehehe...

Zoombe: Loving the pic! Did you draw that? Like her name ;)

Amanda: Oooooo, James! Nice! And I love the name Aiden. One of my fave guy names! What's your story about?

I am love, love, loving this! Now I wanna read the stories! :D Can you post a blurb (story summary) too? I wanna get more info!

Here's the main characters I drew for GOLDEN:

AREANA: DECEPTION

Deception3003b.jpg

Females aren't normally Blades. We're meant to love and nurture, we're meant to bond the tribes together. But I can't be soft and welcoming. I can't say sweet words and make men simper. I'll never love. My body isn't pure anymore, and my soul certainly isn't. Since I can remember I've been haunted by visions--I've had to rely on drugs to stay sane. But now the drugs aren't working anymore. It's too strong, too hard to hold it all down. I'm cursed with this poison inside me, and now I'm sure I'll be swallowed by it soon...

MAREC: DESIRE

desire3003.jpg

She's been gone too long. I've been glancing at the door for four hours now, expecting her to slink through it any second. I need to see her face so bad it makes my chest ache. I shouldn't have waited this long to claim her. But I need to make sure she's ready. There's this porcelain quality to her. Those ice blue eyes of hers, making her look so young, so innocent--even though I've made her a murderer.

COLM: DECADENCE

decadence3003.jpg

This was supposed to be simple. In and out, get the information and get home. But now that I've seen her, I can't let her slip away. I will take her home--over the wall--show them her eyes. Those eyes of ice-blue that speak of hidden power. How did a human come to possess such a thing?

*If you wanna see them in action you can read a sample chapter here*

:D

AmandaAcidic

Good morning beautiful!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandalynb.blogspot.com
Amanda: Oooooo, James! Nice! And I love the name Aiden. One of my fave guy names! What's your story about?

I know. He's beautiful.

My story is about a Wicca (Elvira/El) who is a freshman and college. On her first day she meets Aiden (James) and they start to date. But when she tells him she practices magic, he can't deal.

She meets another witch, Craig, and they become close friends who practice together. Unfortunately, Craig becomes a little too attached to El.

And chaos ensues.

That's about it.

You're pictures are amazing by the way. I wish I could draw like that.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Pixy - Those pics are awesome! :D

I just plucked this from my query. Here's the gist:

*deleted*

Last edited:

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
Here are some of my actors for Lying 101.

McKinsey Bell (Jamie Lynn Spears) . . . Ironic, huh? - Sixteen-year-old McKinsey has a squirming, somersaulting problem—she's pregnant. Like, third trimester pregnant. And she'll lie to anyone, including her parents, to keep her hobag activities secret.

Jamie-Lynn-Spears-0607-3.jpg

Eli Hall (Zac Efron) When Kinsey meets Eli at the exclusive Senator's School for performance arts, she completely swoons. He's her Gibson playing, punk rock fantasy.

ZacEfron.jpg

Ryan Simmons (Dustin Milligan)- The baby's father. He works for Kinsey's dad and turns out to be a total d**che once she tells him she's knocked up.

DustinMilligan.jpg

Nicollette Sheridan (Margaret Bell)- Kinsey's weigh-obsessed, perfectionist mom.

NicoletteSheridan.jpg

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
I'll play! Thanks for showing me how Fairy!

STEAM ANGEL - Complete and in query hell.

Here's Archer Lowell who finds himself in love with a Steam Person - Seren. He goes to her Earth and becomes a Gear Person. It's dystopian, it's apocalyptic, it's near-future with a dash of steampunk.

Archer.jpg

ARCHER LOWELL

Seren.jpg

SEREN

Cant Me If You Can - WIP

Lucy accidentally sent her principal to Hell. She really didn't mean to, even if he did bench her from cheering at Friday night's game. She's an Angelic Cantor who chants open the pearly gates for the departed. When a fallen angel uses her to get to his son, Merrick, her guardian angel, she has more than just her principal to save from being eternally damned.

Lucy.png

LUCY WARPOLE

Merrick.jpg

MERRICK

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
OMG Jamie, they both sound fantastic! I really like the premise for CMIYC!!!

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Okay guys.... I made a little site with my ideal cast because of this thread LOL So it's still really rough but I was havin a little fun :) http://anniewrites.webs.com/

It's fun to put faces to your story

NICE!!!! I'm lovin' how you put the names on the pics! Colin is so cute!!! Great choice!

Doesn't doing this make you excited about the ms all over again? :D

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Ohh fun thread! *squee*

SHAE- JESSE JAMES
MC's Brother. Incredible soccer player, and smart for his age.

JesseJames-Shae.jpg

RYAN- MOLLY QUINN
Shae's best friend. Quirky and has a black belt.

molly_reduced.jpg

ELIJAH- THOMAS DEKKER
Mysterious next door neighbor whose attractiveness is subtle

normal_kromeroone.jpg

ADRIAN- ZAC EFRON
Elijah's brother, cold, dark, mysterious, and dangerous. Likes to play mind games.
zac.jpg

JEANNETTE- EMMY ROSSUM
Beautiful and gentle

emmy-rossum-picture-2.jpg

SIMON- CHRIS PINE
Jeannette's Husband, a fighter.

chris-pine.jpg

GABRIEL- PAUL RUDD
Wise and all-knowing
paul-rudd-quote-10-10-2006.bmp

COLLEEN- ELIZABETH MITCHELL
Gabriel's wife, a healer
200px-Elizabeth_Mitchell.jpg

Last edited:

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com
June - WOW. Your website is awesome. And the summary is incredible.

Pixydust - if you need a beta reader when you're finished with GOLDEN, I VOLUNTEER!!! Please! I just skipped the excerpt on your site and I just might die if I can't read it. :tongue

Last edited:

christinalbarr

Registered
Reaction score
This is probably the most fun thing I've seen on this site! I wanna play too!

My book is a super hero high school mystery and is according to my sister, "Smallville meets Mean Girls," which I find to be a perfect description.

Sylvia is the main character and is the rudest, manipulative, confident, sexiest, and most hated person ever. Based on looks, Megan Fox would be great, but she is too short.

megan_fox_maxim_1.jpg

Gabriel is supposed to be the most seemingly perfect person in the world. He’s smart and the best athlete in the state. I would have to search the world for a blonde haired kid who is rugged, beautiful, and fit enough to be a super hero. I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head.

Daniel is a nerd who might have Clark Kent/Superman complex. He needs to appear to be a complete nobody, but still be capable of being sexy when the right time arises. Henry Cavill would be nice, but he is too old.

henry-cavill.jpg

Alicia is a cheerleader with a lot of issues. My sister thinks of Hilarie Burton who played Peyton Sawyer on One Tree Hill. I prefer her look, but Blake Lively from Gossip Girls has the perfect mannerisms.

172425061_small.jpg

blake_lively.jpg

Briana is the typical urban black girl who is based off of my sister. I wish there were more young black actresses to choose from, but Kyla Pratt has the right vibe.

kyla-pratt1.jpg

Marissa is a gothic weirdo who I believe everyone will fall in love with because she’s just so strange. She does crazy things like Allison Reynold’s from the Breakfast Club. There’s something really cool about Ellen Page to me, and I think she’d be the ideal person to play her.

ellen-page.jpg