MayNoWriMo - This time it's personal!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I remember that feeling. So good!

What classes are you thinking of taking at college?

I know, right? :D

On the mock schedule that I was playing around with nearly all day yesterday (I MAY have been overthinking things JUST a little since I can't actually register for any of them until July... ;)), I kind of have scribbled in over the eraser marks an American Sign Language class, an introductory psychology class, and a couple of English classes.

All over the REST of the paper :)tongue) I have a couple chemistry, biology and philosophy classes and their times scribbled around. I don't really have my mind set on any specific classes yet, so we'll just have to see how it plays out. :)

Don't get me wrong, I write because I love to write, but nothing wrong with getting paid for doing something I love.

I couldn't agree with you more. :)

I got to see The Avengers yesterday! :hooray::banana::e2headban

And today is my 11th wedding anniversary. :D

I have a couple friends who said the movie was amazing. :) (And one of them saw his band teacher at the mall after the midnight showing at 3 in the morning... Apparently they were questioning each other about what they were doing there so early. "Don't you have school tomorrow?" "Yeah, so? You're a teacher. Don't YOU have school tomorrow?" :tongue)

Happy anniversary. :)

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Considering psychology, and I'm also considering double majoring in something else... Not quite sure yet.

~Amber~

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Well, my major will forever be biology. I struggled and now gotta keep it moving.

Well, gotta go to work tonight at 8 sigh. No writing today, well maybe tonight after work. I slept all day today and well will be up and wired tonight.

And happy anniversary TNK

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
My high school biology class was so much fun. :) I knitted a model of a cell somewhere in the middle of the year and my science teacher still has it in the classroom. :tongue I was pretty good with it... Probably not enough to major in it... But I'll definitely be taking a couple biology classes sometime during the next four years. :)

And I just got to summarize Pet Sematary for my Spanish class. :tongue Wish I could talk about zombie cats more often in that class... It'd make getting my work done a lot easier.

~Amber~

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, my major is Chemistry.

I got a little bit of writing done today. I only have a few hundred more words to write then this WIP is done. Then all of I have to do is rewrite it/polish it up.

I'm considering polishing off my other story that ended up not sending to that anthology. It may get published somewhere after it's cleaned up some.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've cleaned up a little bit this morning. Ie. taking out the trash and doing the dishes.

That's the most I've gotten done so far today.

Going out to dinner tonight, but no idea what I'm doing during the day. Probably studying a bit for Tuesday's test.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I got 30/30 on a Spanish quiz, have five more things for Spanish that need graded (including that exam...), and I just finished two statistics assignments. :) Pretty productive day for me, for a Saturday. I keep forgetting it's Saturday, though, since I stayed home sick yesterday...

Totally just got asked to the prom by two guys in one phone call. :tongue Of course, the prom started over two hours ago, so... :D It was entertaining listening to their excuses and the chants of "PEER PRESSURE! PEER PRESSURE! PEER PRESSURE!" for three minutes straight though. :roll:

~Amber~

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
So I'm continuing with my edits. I've already started today, getting 18k done...

I'm waiting for responses from 2 betas on the other two that are out being read. I'm gonna have to come up with a query letter, eventually.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Gogogo!

I just spent $50 on groceries... Why is it that when I go grocery shopping with mum I spend at least $50 (often more) but when I go on my own, I spend about $10-20?

Possibly because she drives, so I can cart more stuff around with her than alone. But that doesn't explain why I see something in the supermarket and my normal "is that a good deal? Can I afford that?" censor turns off and just says, "Eh, chuck it in the trolley!"

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I finished my 10K WIP today. Finally. I finished it on track kind of I think. So, I'm happy. I'm even happier that I was able to write/finish it as plain Contemporary Romance without relying on suspense or another favorite sub-genre half-way through it. More progress. So, hopefully, this means that should I attempt a Fantasy/Urban Fantasy story, depending on the story and word count requirements/limits, I might just be able to reach the 15-20K range now, if I'm lucky. I honestly didn't think I'd finish my story. I'm so glad I did though. Now, I'm going to take a break rest. Then start my rewrites to clean it up and make it better. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome!

I'll be shifting furniture soon. *sigh*

I need to get my own place, get the furniture in just the right place, and not move furniture ever again. For at least 3 weeks. :tongue

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So I moved 3 heavy pieces of furniture last night, then went out for dinner.

Today, well, I just got up, but I'm planning on getting lots done.

Need to read a bunch for English, then study my butt off for the Philosophy test tomorrow.

In the meantime, though, I have 2 classes to attend at the Uni.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I have one more two-part assignment and an exam, and I am officially done with the fourth unit of Spanish for this semester. :D One to go...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Read my notes for the test. I need to relearn a section we did before the mid-semester break. I had completely forgotten it!

And I should probably get the lecture slides off the internet. It probably explains things better than my hastily-written notes.

In other news, my shoulder has been hurting all day, and I'm sick of it. I just need to lay down, but if I lay down now I'll fall asleep, and given that the test is at 9am, I really won't have much time in the morning for proper study time.

So no laying down for me!

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It was a good day. :)

The husband bought me some fancy chef knives and I got him the latest Dark Tower book.

Now it's time to get back to work. I've got some editing to do. :e2BIC:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
:)

I just read 3 weeks of lecture slides. My brain is going "slop, oooooop" right now. But on the plus side, all the relevant material is in my notebook, so I can study on the bus to Uni tomorrow, before taking the Test Of Doom! (TM).

I'm going to breathe a huge sigh of relief once this test is over with. Then I get to focus on essays, not due for a fair while yet, and reading.

I should really be in bed right now.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
Started on my rewrites last night. Not done with the first chapter but almost there. I wonder if I'll be able to get them done this week. I'm debating whether of just doing an edit or a complete rewrite after that. Hm....I'll figure out what to do hopefully.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Took another Spanish exam today... I have 10 11 things that need graded now... Out of those, 2 are exams and 2 are quizzes... >.>

Pretty sure my grade's gonna go up a little bit, though.

~Amber~

Last edited: