Gifts for Non-Mammal Pets

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking of Christmas/Hanukkah/(Insert holiday here) gifts for their non-mammal pets? Or am I a freak for wanting to get toys, treats, etc. for our chickens?

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking of Christmas/Hanukkah/(Insert holiday here) gifts for their non-mammal pets? Or am I a freak for wanting to get toys, treats, etc. for our chickens?

We generally have only had dogs in our families, but this year, my niece has a rabbit... so, still a mammal, but kind of different in that he doesn't know who we are or acknowledge us in any way. We got him some sticks to chew on and some treat pellets.

ETA: If I had chickens, I would totally get them Christmas presents!

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Just tell them if they lay a lot of eggs, the days will get longer again.

They'll have a hell of a sense of accomplishment, and being chickens, will forget almost immediately so next year so you can do the same thing all over again.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i would make them breakfast in bed.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
I put up Christmas lights for one of my tarantulas. Does that count?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I buy TC gifts and toys all the time

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just tell them if they lay a lot of eggs, the days will get longer again.

They'll have a hell of a sense of accomplishment, and being chickens, will forget almost immediately so next year so you can do the same thing all over again.

They are kind of dippy, aren't they. But apparently egg production is supposed to go down in the winter.

heza said:
Guess what!:roll:
Seriously, though, I've heard of chicken diapers. Funny as they look, they do serve a purpose if you have house chickens (not happening). The chicken sweater is tempting, though; the girls decided to molt this month instead of a warmer month.

Wicked said:
I put up Christmas lights for one of my tarantulas. Does that count?
:scared:Sure, why not? I didn't specify it had to be a vertebrate pet.

NinjaFingers said:
If I had chickens, they'd get some kind of special food treat. I mean, they're chickens.
That's probably what I'll end up getting them. Either that, or a bag of feed. My sisters are thinking about making popcorn and apple chunk garlands and hanging them in the coop on Christmas. I think they'd like cranberries more than apples, but the cranberry eaters in the family don't want to share.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Chickens seem to like sun flower seeds. They get to the bird food first in the morning and nom it down. Okay, I don't mind who eats the stuff - doves, chickdees, cardinals, chickens, squirrels - the point is they give Sweet Gum something to do other than climb the walls or ambush my feet.

Chickens are kinda cute. The ones who come by our house are shades of brown. They live next door and have brightened up our lives a bunch. They leave their eggs at home, which is okay too.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Chickens are kinda cute. The ones who come by our house are shades of brown. They live next door and have brightened up our lives a bunch.
They sure do! :LilLove: Before we got the girls, I could go for months without setting foot in my backyard. Now I go out at least once a week and talk to them.

mfoley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I used to keep saltwater predator aquariums. On special occasions, Christmas being one of the big ones, I would give the "best behaved" fish a special meal.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

You are a nice person is what you are :)

Same for anyone who gets their pets presents :Hug2:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
AZ, it was cold today and the chickens all had their Joan Crawford coats on as they roosted on the deck railing.
:D Seriously though, our lows here have been in the 30s lately, and I have to keep telling myself the girls are gonna be okay.

Ken said:
You are a nice person is what you are :)

Same for anyone who gets their pets presents :Hug2:
Thank you!

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I gave my chicken nieces popcorn for Christmas. :popcorn: Wasn't able to string it in garlands like we hoped, but they liked it. My human niece and nephews got to feed it to them. All in all, it was great for both hen and humans. :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score