The Bouncy Castle in Space

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Sounds like you got off easy there; my girlfriend expects the same kind of swap is fair, but substitutes DA with 'reality TV' *shudders*

I mean, I'm not even forcing her to watch Dr Who anymore, she loves it. So why must I suffer?

Dave

summerb

Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Also, Daniela, my two-year-old was mesmerized by your stripper pole dance-y character earlier.

HAHA! Here I was trying to squeeze in a little AW time with 3yo next to me and he had the exact same reaction! So funny!

Also, I've never lost an entire draft, but last night I was writing exhausted and when I finally decided I was too tired, I closed a bunch of windows and clicked "do not save." on all. Including the writing I had just done. ugh.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Ach! summerb. That would be horrible. Now watch, I'll end up doing the same thing.

I'm worrying that the parents in my current WIP (which still isn't progressing) are just too dang evil. I know villains are supposed to be nasty, but these folks are over-the-top, although we don't actually meet them until almost at the end, and then everything gets turned upside down anyway. But still, I just don't know if they work for MG.

Maybe this dilemma is why I'm not finishing it like I should. Self-doubt is so hard to deal with.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sissy, I vote for evil parents. They are practically a MG institution.

I spent 5 hours on a bus trying to prevent the naughtiest student in the fifth grade from getting in trouble, and 4 hours freezing my patoot off stomping around a muddy snowy field at a revolutionary war reenactment field trip. I am pleased to be back home. I was supposed to go on the trip, then told by my boss yesterday afternoon that I couldn't go, then told this morning on my bike ride to work, five minutes before they left, that I WAS in fact going...and luckily I had not dressed appropriately. Or brought my teen vampire romance to read. And my brand new shoes are now my muddy old ruined shoes. But it was worth it to enjoy the reenactors sassing the students in bad fake English accents.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I think we need to devise some type of award or medal for Kitty. The situations she gets put into and handles are beyond the bounds of the ordinary. Five hours on a bus with a group of kids? Who comes up with such an idea? Five hours on a bus, alone, would put me in a wrong mood.

She at least deserves a cupcake of her choice. That just my opinion.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We could make her Queen of the Bouncy Castle for the rest of the work week. :D

A.C. Thomas

Angie Thomas
Registered
Reaction score
Though I'd join the bouncy castle. Don't think I've posted in this thread, so howdy :).

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I've come to pay homage to Queen Kitty. I bear gifts of slightly used chapter books and Fresh baked (at the store) chocolate chip cookies!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I have some killer orange dream cupcakes my sister made. I'm sending half of them over to you, Queen Kitty.

Hi, AC Thomas. Nice to meet you.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
*bows*

Your Majesty....

To you other peasants, I'm bouncing because this is my "Friday." We scheduled vacation for tomorrow because we were going to go on a trip this weekend, but we ended up not able to go... which leaves me with tons of extra time for writing! (I'm looking at you, 30K!)

Hey, AC. Welcome.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
And I shall be the Queen's Royal Pester!

Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, hey, hey, Kitty, Kitty, what ya doing Kitty? Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, if smells had colours what colour would farts be, Kitty? Kitty? Hello, Kitty? Kitty! Kitty!! Where you been today, Kitty? Hey! Hey! KITTY!!!

.... Oh, Jester!

I knew dat.

Dave

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
*bows*

Your Majesty....

To you other peasants, I'm bouncing because this is my "Friday." We scheduled vacation for tomorrow because we were going to go on a trip this weekend, but we ended up not able to go... which leaves me with tons of extra time for writing! (I'm looking at you, 30K!)

Hey, AC. Welcome.
I'm so very curious. Where was your trip going to be? Shame you couldn't go, but yay for the extra time to write.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so very curious. Where was your trip going to be? Shame you couldn't go, but yay for the extra time to write.

Well, we'd planned to go to either the Riverwalk in San Antonio or on a wine tour of the Hill Country. When we looked into actually booking a spot a couple of weeks ago, everything we were interested in was already full!

First Valentine's together, so it was a little disappointing. But we decided we'd just stay home and save the money for a better vacation later in the year.

I'm going to make full use of the time!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we'd planned to go to either the Riverwalk in San Antonio or on a wine tour of the Hill Country. When we looked into actually booking a spot a couple of weeks ago, everything we were interested in was already full!
That is a pain when that happens. But spending time at home together can be fun, too. ;)
First Valentine's together, so it was a little disappointing. But we decided we'd just stay home and save the money for a better vacation later in the year.
:yessmiley A trip to disney world.
I'm going to make full use of the time!
I just bet you are. ;) :D

Oh, hang on, you mean writing, don't you.