I need help - Blogger comment forms

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
I originally chose Blogger for my author blog and it's really starting to frustrate me. I don't really care for Google + and that may be part of it.

What I really don't like is the comment form for my blog posts. They are incredibly basic.

I would like a comment form that asks for the person's e-mail address, although it won't display it, so that I can offer giveaways on my blog. I would also like for there to be an option for them to subscribe for e-mail updates when I have new blog posts.

Is that even possible with Blogger or should I look to a different place to host my blog before I get too much more invested?

TIA!

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I think you're trying to combine two different things. Blog comment forms should be just that, not e-mail list signups. You can easily have an e-mail signup form in your blog's sidebar, on a static page, or elsewhere.

Also, if people are interested in the blog, they'll subscribe to the feed, which is less intrusive than getting e-mail updates of a new blog post.

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
There's a gadget that allows your followers to sign up for email updates if they want to. It links up with Feedburner. I've had my blog longer than G+ has been around, so I'm not sure if newer blogs' comment forms involve G+. Mine doesn't. People choose out of a few options to comment under and they go. But if you really want a username/email address comment form, you could give other comment styles a try--there's one I'm thinking of that I had on my blog for a while that I can't remember the name of.

Last edited: