• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

JDD Media

Joshua Dinnerman

The Real Story

Hello To all our friends out there!
Let me take this opportunity to also congradulate the team behind this website for producing such a quality place for professionals and others to communicate and share stories.
Now to the business at hand and please excuse my inability to offer a drum roll.
"Jennifer DZ" initially told us that we could set the price and that she would accept payment after publication.
She did a good job and was going to be paid but then she changed and decided to make up her own amount and then threatened us with talk of a lawyer that never contacted us.If he or she is out there somewhere please do give us a call as we have alot to speak about including her communicated threats.
I have a question for the forum.Are we as a publisher expected to be strong armed by her into a deal that is different?
I know that this site has a good audience and I know that because several real writers have contacted us from this site expressing concerns over this.

Jddmedia has no problem paying for writing services.We/I love working with writers who are such an important asset for our society.As a publisher working with writers is still one of the great things about publishing.I honestly feel that writers and publishers should work together not against each other.
Anyway thanks for reading this.
Joshua Dinnerman

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Joshua Dinnerman said:
Hello To all our friends out there!
Ahaha.

Step 1: Scammy situation discussed at AW. Check!

Step 2: Alleged scammer registers an AW Forum login for the sole purpose of defending him/herself against scammy charges. Check!

Step 3: Argument ensues, in which alleged scammer's behavior leads AW regulars to cease mentally adding the modifier "alleged" to the noun "scammer." Undoubtedly on its way. Shall I make the popcorn?

Joshua Dinnerman

Other issues

Please excuse my need to address the issue of Chip and is agent in Maine Angela Hoy.
Firstly Chip,you have been contacted by me twice regarding payment.You opted to not settle.You decided to misrepresent uson Angela`s website which is very crude and poor quality.
Angela this is a better looking site and perhaps you can learn a thing or two from it.
You have now misrepresented and attorney in Maine and used his copyrights.Good show!
Anyway again Jddmedia enjoys working with writers and only has good intent in doing so.
We have nothing against paying for a bill.This month we are paying several writers.
Well thanks for reading.
Joshua Dinnerman

Joshua Dinnerman

Nicole`s scam of the day

How is defending oneself a scam?
Also how do you know why I registered?
Argue or don`t argue our concerns and story has been communicated.You go as fast as you want in the wrong direction and eat popcorn or whatever you want.
The truth has been written.
By the way do have real job or this how you spend all your time?
Check!

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Joshua Dinnerman said:
We have nothing against paying for a bill.This month we are paying several writers. Joshua Dinnerman

That's good to hear. So, who are they and what are their addresses so we can confirm your claim? If you don't want to give out their addresses, which is quite understandable, then you won't mind asking them to pop in here to verify it instead. Or they can email me. You already have my email address.

Please don't be insulting by stating that you can't give their names since we know their names had to appear on the bylines of the material you published by them. If anything, giving their names as published authors would be promotional for them.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Gosh, Dave! I wish you'd confront the so-called publisher I had my unfortunate run-in with. :Thumbs:

How does one get you to put a publisher on your 'bad list'? I'd love for this guy's name to be exposed for what he really is. He takes advantage of Detroit writers a lot!

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Celeste said:
Gosh, Dave! I wish you'd confront the so-called publisher I had my unfortunate run-in with. :Thumbs:

How does one get you to put a publisher on your 'bad list'? I'd love for this guy's name to be exposed for what he really is. He takes advantage of Detroit writers a lot!

Send me documentation of what occurred. If there are other writers who were similarly afflicted, ask them to also contact me and provide whatever documentation they can. Copies of emails are acceptable, though I prefer for the originals to be forwarded so I can check the headers. Copies of regular paper letters and contracts can be scanned and emailed and are likewise acceptable.

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
NicoleJLeBoeuf said:
Ahaha.

Step 1: Scammy situation discussed at AW. Check!

Step 2: Alleged scammer registers an AW Forum login for the sole purpose of defending him/herself against scammy charges. Check!

Step 3: Argument ensues, in which alleged scammer's behavior leads AW regulars to cease mentally adding the modifier "alleged" to the noun "scammer." Undoubtedly on its way. Shall I make the popcorn?

NicoleJLeBoeuf.. you missed "alleged scammer posts poorly spelled and ungrammatical posts, argues like a six-year-old and eventually is banned as a troll"

Joshua Dinnerman said:
How is defending oneself a scam? The scam is your lack of payment, not "defending" yourself. Oh, and also posing as your own attorney, that one's a scam as well as an offence
Also how do you know why I registered? Because you wanted to enjoy these forums, learn about writing and take part in social activities? Sure you did. That's why all your posts so far have been on a thread about... you!
Argue or don`t argue our concerns and story has been communicated.You go as fast as you want in the wrong direction and eat popcorn or whatever you want. I have no idea what you mean by this.
The truth has been written. :crazy:
By the way do have real job or this how you spend all your time? Ooh nice, attack the messenger not the message. Great stuff. High level of intellectual achievement shown in that statement. Check! Mate.

Joshua Dinnerman

here you go

Yo Marty,

I do not answer to you dufas.Do be careful in calling me names.Your tone proves your hostile nature.

Dave,
You want to act as a go between now?What is your intent?
You want to get involved and take rsponsibility for what occured?Do you have an interest in settling this for us?
If so we will certainly take note of this and have our counsel oblige your interest in this exposure.
As for the bill why don`t you help set up a settlement Mr. Bigshot busy body...but be sure to spread the word when it is paid...

Yo Celest..you go girl go get em!Dave is the man.He will fight off your big bad golitha pubilsher..
Just tell him what you really need.Tell him everything.He is your savior.Maybe he can do everything for you..

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
:faint:
I will pay you to start putting spaces after your punctuation. You're killing my family name's reputation here.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joshua Dinnerman

Yo Celest..you go girl go get em!Dave is the man.He will fight off your big bad golitha pubilsher..
Just tell him what you really need.Tell him everything.He is your savior.Maybe he can do everything for you..

Yo, Joshua!

You're doing nothing but proving yourself to be the azz that you've been accused of. What is it you call yourself? A publisher? I suggest you learn how to spell and use correct grammar, punctuation, etc..

You accuse others of being hostile. Who's being hostile and childish? I'd say you!

And I will "Go get 'em!" So-called publishers like yourself need to be exposed as the unethical snakes that you are.

Oh yeah...Dave is the man. Jealous? :)

celeste :wag:

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
you missed "alleged scammer posts poorly spelled and ungrammatical posts, argues like a six-year-old and eventually is banned as a troll"

yep....but it just HAD to happen...What else can ya do with someone who can't even spell his insults?

Mr. Dinnerman is banned, for insulting board members and troll-like behavior.

Last edited:

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
The dude neg. repped me! Lol...:ROFL:

I'll take it as a compliment, Josh! I must've really got to you, huh? Truth hurts, doesn't it? ;)

Last edited:

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
MacAllister said:
yep....but it just HAD to happen...What else can ya do with someone who can't even spell his insults?

Mr. Dinnerman is banned, for insulting board members and troll-like behavior.

Aww.. and after he sent that lovely PM to me too.... so sad...

:roll:

AND he bad repped me! Dang nabbit!! :Shrug:

Last edited:

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
Celeste said:
You too! Lol...
Boy, he sure did get us, didn't he?:ROFL:

Did he send you a nasty PM as well?? Maybe I should post mine so people can see how... mature... he is?

Celeste, gave you a rep point to make up for the one Mr Mature took :)

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Joshua Dinnerman said:
Yo Marty,

I do not answer to you dufas.Do be careful in calling me names.Your tone proves your hostile nature.

This is the long lost illegitmate child of Curlem and Shemp, right?? (don't ask me how two guys had a kid. I just call 'em as I see 'em)

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Celeste said:
The dude neg. repped me! Lol...

OMG! I'm literally wiping tears from my eyes. My ribs hurt.

Arlen James

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new, but I must say, this is a truly funny thread. The unpaid bill is certainly no laughing matter, but Mr. Dinnerman's juvenile antics are hilarious.

In fact, I think I've found my first AW sig:

Last edited:

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Well, he sure acts like a scammer. I've encountered other businesses with problems in payment that had no objections to having their actions verified since that only proved that they were indeed trying to be entirely legitimate and reputable.

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
the real real story

Below is the note I just sent to Joshua Dinnerman. Boy, I'm sorry I missed this whole dialogue earlier! It sure was exciting!

Dear Mr. Dinnerman,

In response to your recent e-mail and the thread, to which you contributed, on AbsoluteWrite, below are my replies:

1. In no way did I ever say anything that was untrue. I never called you names. I was only exposing the truth in my dealings with your company so that nobody else would have the same problem I was encountering. The same can not be said for you.

2. I never set a price on my work. You sent me an e-mail, which I still have, stating that you would pay me between $50-300 for my first article. I then asked several times for you to pin down a price on that work, which you did not do for 7 months, when you finally delayed payment even further by asking me to wait for that payment until I wrote 3 more pieces for you. And, since I was so lucky as to get 3 more articles from your fine company, you asked me to accept $50/piece for them and $75 for the first one. I agreed because you implied that yours were start-up magazines and you really needed the help. That is a total of $225, which is what my invoice reflects. Of course, we agreed to this on the phone; there is no e-mail evidence of this. So, it’s my word against yours, and all I can do is say that I do not make it a practice to lie.

3. You asked me to invoice you after the pieces were published, which I did. The pieces were published, as per you, in September and October 2004, and I invoiced you on November 1, 2004. You stated in the closest thing I could get to a contract from you, an e-mail I still have, that you would pay the invoice 60 days after it was received. By my calculations, that should have been sometime in January.

4. In February/March/April, I sent several e-mails to you, reminding you of your outstanding invoice. You asked me to restate the amount of the invoice 3 times, and even once asked me to send it again by postal mail. You stated once that it would be paid the next month (that would be April). When I e-mailed again in the beginning of May because I had not received the promised check, you asked me again for the invoice amount and my address. When I responded with astonishment and threat of legal intervention, you accused me of getting hostile and being unprofessional.

I am interested in how your “story” differs from mine. The thing that I have been able to discover about you is that you have more than *my* unpaid invoice for work done for your magazines. I am truly interested in what your steps are when you encounter a person who does not pay you for the work that *you* do. You stated on AbsoluteWrite that my work was good. You stated in your e-mail that I was doing damage to your company, and that I had no right to do so. I want to know what right you have to steal the rights to my work, print them for your own profit, and then not pay me a fair rate for the work that I did. At the time we decided on those prices (notice I said “we,” not “I”), I was a beginning freelancer and was interested in helping a beginning magazine. My workload has increased to the point that I would now no longer be able to accept work at those prices. So, besides your statement that my work was good, I have had plenty of confirmation from other sources that I am a good writer and am now in demand as such. If you are so serious about defending yourself, as you stated on AbsoluteWrite, you should simply pay your bills…all of them. I don’t understand why you would not pay a bill for $225 to a writer who did work for you, but you would jump quickly to pay a lawyer to harass a bunch of people who obviously have a provable case against you. I also should state that I will not accept any phone calls from you, nor will I call you. I prefer to communicate only in a way which can be documented. Obviously, if we are both being professional and above-board, this is in both of our best interests.

Jennifer Della’Zanna

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
I think Mr. Dinnerman has guaranteed his enshrinement on the AW Poopiehead Wall of Shame!

Congrats Josh! You're in distinguished company; having joined such lowlights as Curly, Larry and Moe-randa and Bobby "Bad Boy" Fletcher. A welcome mat bearing your likeness will be placed alongside those of your confreres on the path leading from the barn to the Cooler. Every time a hard-working, honest writer wipes his/her feet they'll think of the service you provide.

FNAR reserved!

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Well...if he thinks that is appropriate behavior for a professional of any sort, I am not surprised to hear that he reneges on paying money that he clearly owes. And I'm amazed that his magazine is still in business...