Question for Book Review Bloggers

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
I'm thinking of starting another blog...probably so niche no one but me will read it...I'm okay with that, LOL!

I love historical fiction. I teach a kids class on HF so I'm always looking for new books and movies. Thus, I'm thinking about a blog...if for no other reason to keep notes for myself. I would just use goodreads for this purpose but I want to include great movies...like Amazing Grace (happy sigh, I love that movie).

My question is...how do book bloggers use the actual book covers in their posts? I've tried to figure it out, but I'm just not techie enough, I guess. The only thing I can think of is to have the book (or movie) in hand and take a picture.

Would using the book cover violate any copyright? It would be promoting their book, so I can't imagine why they would care, but still....

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
There is some low level debate about this but generally the cover is provided for promotional purposes. Thus using it as displayed on Amazon etc is fine.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Most book review bloggers take the book covers directly from Goodreads.com (the publisher/authors uploaded it to the site, so it's considered fair use). Don't like to use Amazon because it has the annoying 'Look Inside' on the cover. Just make sure you upload the image to your own blog. I'd also include a link to the Goodreads book page somewhere in your review.

Last edited: