Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
very cool!

Bottom two are especially kick ass, SK. Great work.

I'm with Haggis on this,
the last one in particular is just stunning.

hmm...I don't know, SK, they all look pretty perfect to me. All I can do is stare at the screen with my jaw hanging open. Beautiful and stunning are the words that come to mind.
You all are too kind, thank you. :)
Summer photos...
The middle one with the yellow butterfly is excellent, as if it were trying to blend with its environment yet still stands out. VERY well done.

The weather is cold where I live and there's not much to photograph.

Nevertheless I took my camera with me when I went for my walk today. I snapped a photo of a squirrel eating something on a fence. Squirrels usually run off as soon as they see you.
At first glance, I thought that was the fox you've been stalking for a while. :D

On a more serious note, thank you to all who have shared their comments and photos in this thread. I'm continually impressed by the intense and wide ranging appreciation shown for our natural surroundings, which makes it all worth fighting to preserve...

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On a more serious note, thank you to all who have shared their comments and photos in this thread. I'm continually impressed by the intense and wide ranging appreciation shown for our natural surroundings, which makes it all worth fighting to preserve...

Funny...I was just gonna say that... :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
The middle one with the yellow butterfly is excellent, as if it were trying to blend with its environment yet still stands out. VERY well done.

glad you liked it. :)

the cactus flower is one of my favorite.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
More fabulous photos everyone. I have a crowd gathered around my computer oohing and ahhing.:D

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
GOURD ALERT!

Viewers will be sad ":(" to hear that after several months of lying untouched, the gourds have rotted and turned black. It appears that they have started and nearly finished the decomposition process.

However, I'm very proud of them for doing it all by themselves!
:Clap: :e2cheer:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Great photos, everyone! :)

2-6-12027-SM-1.jpg
The reflection on the surface of the water caught my eye, and I keep returning to this photo because of that. :)

Summer photos
ScreenShot2012-12-12at101247PM.png
Likewise, love the striking contrast between the butterfly and the bougainvillea. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Viewers will be sad ":(" to hear that after several months of lying untouched, the gourds have rotted and turned black. It appears that they have started and nearly finished the decomposition process.

However, I'm very proud of them for doing it all by themselves!
:Clap: :e2cheer:
:cry:

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That's what happens when you neglect your gourds...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Iguana!

DSCN2095.jpg

Palm trees!

DSCN2084.jpg

ETA: I'm trying to figure out how to downsize. Someone told me once and now I forget and if anyone wants to lend a hand I'd appreciate it. :)

Deleted member 42

Dino, that third one of the egret flying, with the curved neck and the reflection in the water is stunning.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
heyjude, I'm sooooo jealous... I miss seeing that shade of green...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Palm trees!

ScreenShot2012-12-14at105401PM_zps7399c884.png

Iguana!
ScreenShot2012-12-14at105458PM_zps31879756.png

ETA: I'm trying to figure out how to downsize. Someone told me once and now I forget and if anyone wants to lend a hand I'd appreciate it. :)

... what like this? I just took screen caps of them, that's what I always do with photos. *shrugs*

Iz not an expert at this stuff. :(

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, what a beautiful color! It made me smile, too, parump. :)

pretty sure it's an 'AfricanDaisy'. They're really cool because the blooms close up at night. You can litteraly watched them pull the petals in and make closed dome at sunset. SO odd, but cool :D

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
That's the kind of thing I keep hearing from concerned parents. Stuff like, What if the gator eats my child?

The risks are so negligible that there's a better chance of a parent eating their own child than an alligator snatching them for a meal. Seriously.

And you're seriously full of ca-ca if you believe that.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Some daylily photos to share on this gloomy day. Well, gloomy here. These were taken in 2011, and they are all plants in my gardens. I have lots more than these, but I won't overrun the thread with them.

A trio of Wolf Eyes daylilies:

WolfEyes2-7-6-11-1_zps2bbb760d.jpg

Russian Easter:

RussianEaster7-8-11-1_zpsce84fe6e.jpg

Patterned daylily, Organized Chaos:

OrganizedChaos7-12-11-1_zps0f4cbe1e.jpg

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
What beautiful flowers! It'll be a while before those again. That's why I'm hoping for snow. It takes away the grayness of winter. None yet so far.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Those wolf eyes daylilies are really amazing... they almost don't look like flowers, but more like frilly easter dresses ....or... or lingerie..

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
When I started collecting them, I didn't know there were so many colors and forms. There are some that have hooks, or what daylily enthusiasts call shark's teeth, on the edges of some. I have one daylily that has such an edge. There are literally thousands of named and registered cultivars of daylilies and they are pretty easy to breed if you do a little studying on them, therefore creating your own one-of-a-kind daylily.

Thanks for the compliments, y'all!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
That's the kind of thing I keep hearing from concerned parents. Stuff like, What if the gator eats my child?

The risks are so negligible that there's a better chance of a parent eating their own child than an alligator snatching them for a meal. Seriously.

And you're seriously full of ca-ca if you believe that.
I exaggerated my comments at the time to make a point. I don't think anyone else reading along has ever felt I was truly serious. Seriously.

And you can spend some time sitting in the corner being quiet.

The term "ca-ca" alone (instead of shit) should warrant a parole violation and extra time in the hoosegow...

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
pretty sure it's an 'AfricanDaisy'. They're really cool because the blooms close up at night. You can litteraly watched them pull the petals in and make closed dome at sunset. SO odd, but cool :D
It would be really neat to see time-lapse photography/animation or whatever-it's-called of this.

Just sayin'. :D