Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's so great that you all are still sharing your photos and a personal glimpse into your lives too! Silver King would be proud (if/when he returns)

A friend posted this image on Facebook, taken in her backyard. I just love the undulating curve of the snow drift, even though it spells bitter cold to me!

snowdrift_zps7e3e0ff2.jpg

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Love the bird, PD. Reminds me a cardinal that played in the fire place ash I saw one year.

Well, this bird is a cousin of the cardinal - no seriously, he is :D . He's not a great singer, but his areal spiral displays to ward off intruders, they are something to be seen.

He also has white stripes under his wings and tail. Just like he's a little airplane. Lol

It's so great that you all are still sharing your photos and a personal glimpse into your lives too! Silver King would be proud (if/when he returns)

I love this thread, it's so awesome to have a place to share all the wonderful animals and wildlife photos in our different locations.

I go out and take pictures almost every day (so I have plenty more bird photos to share ;) ) I'd post more often, but I don't want to be a thread-hog. :)

-and your snow is gorgeous, but I'm glad it's not here. ;)

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Today's bird sighting... Phaenopeplanitz?
Great shots, PD. Love the blue (I think) coloration on it's head.

A friend posted this image on Facebook, taken in her backyard. I just love the undulating curve of the snow drift, even though it spells bitter cold to me!
That was a cool shot, Swachski. Those little overhangs made me think of waves that are just about to crest.

(And yes, I miss SK)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks :) , no blue on this bird though - He's all black save for the white stripe under the wings. ;)

Here is a photo of another Phaenopepla-nitz from 2007 (I think this one shows the bird better)

abird_zpse8114976.png

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
This was tonight's sunset -- one of the prettier ones here in my neck of the woods since last year ;)

Asunsetta_zps69ea7f15.png

Last edited:

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Love the photos, PD. Don't worry about being a thread-hog. I have never seen a bird like that before. It reminds me a little of a Stellar Jay.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the Phaenopepla-nitz is so cool to watch. Wish I could post video here, cuz they do all kinds of crazy loop-da-loops and flash the white stripes under their wings at rivals -- plus for females they fly up real high and do this head-first-dive toward the earth. LOL.

It's just such an acrobatic show. :D

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Those were some beautiful sunset photos, PD.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Those were some beautiful sunset photos, PD.

;) I'd have put up some more birdie photos but we've had lots of wind and I haven't seen too many prime subjects to photograph the last few days.

what fabulous photos. This thread is super 'n thx for sharing.

Hi Susie, :hi: I know, I love this thread, so many wonderful pictures get shared here :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I've never seen a Magpie. They're big and black like a Crow, right?

Lady MacBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Fabulous photo of the sunset. It looks like a forest fire. :)

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Another great sunset photo. The clouds - the way they have that edge contrast of light against dark, giving a sense of movement - look a bit like the northern lights, something we see up here fairly often.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still look at this thread every time I see there is something new. Enjoy all the photos.

I think if SK ever comes back he will be proud that you all have kept this thread going.

MM

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Another great sunset photo. The clouds - the way they have that edge contrast of light against dark, giving a sense of movement - look a bit like the northern lights, something we see up here fairly often.

Someday I would love to see the northern lights. :)

I still look at this thread every time I see there is something new. Enjoy all the photos.

I think if SK ever comes back he will be proud that you all have kept this thread going.

MM

:Hug2: Glad you stopped by

- and I know, everybody has been sharing such gorgeous scenes, it's fantastic :)

SK hasn't been here since August :( hoping he's okay, just busy.

Lady MacBeth

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't realize it had been so long since SK was here. I hope he's okay and just busy taking more brilliant photos.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Someone here had emailed him several months back and he was just busy, but was going to be back with more photos. *shrug*