Suggestion Box

Reaction score
How many tots of rum do you think MacBuster will need to get through this shitstorm of a thread?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd prefer a pegasus so I can fly.

This for the WIN!

More on topic, in the AW library people are linking to their shorts (um, short stories, that is) in the Magazines/Newspapers subforum. I'd assumed that subforum was for journalism and not short fiction. The genre-specific subforums seem to be for novels. I think it might be more convenient to have a "Short Fiction" subforum in the library where all of my shorts can be listed in a single thread rather than starting different threads in different subforums.

And why isn't plural of "subforum" "subfora"? :tongue

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
And why isn't plural of "subforum" "subfora"? :tongue

It is, isn't it? Well, it is if you ask me, anyway. ;) It's the Effie version of English. Dig it.

Actually, I like the idea of a "short story" section of the library. It would give us short story writers a place to put all our links instead of constantly updating in the "Look what I sold!" thread (for the horror section... I don't know if the other genre sections have such threads) and Goals and Accomplishments area.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Make me the God of my own sub-forum.

i've been asking to be GodMod of the new Irrelevant Forum for years. STILL has not happened! I just want to be called Captain Irrelevant, dammit!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
What the fuck have you whores done to me?!

do not speak with such forked tongue, crazy lady. my baboon is looking for a new face...i WILL send him your way if you don't clean that tongue of yours.

Oh...suggestion for the box-----------No more PEACHES.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... would be cool if that 'phishing issue' could be resolved. It is disturbing to see that announcement at the top of the main screen. Am sure others feel similarly. Some may even be hesitant to sign up on the site when spotting that there.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Ken, all you have to do is click on the announcement and read it, then it auto-dismisses.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I remember back we had the option to see our posts straight from Quick Links, I miss that.

Also, perhaps an international section where members could write in other languages besides English? It would be a bit of a nightmare to mod, though.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Max, I love the idea of an International section. I'm not sure there's enough community-wide interest to make the use of real-estate worthwhile. But it's definitely something people should chime in about, if they'd like to see it too.

Deleted member 42

I remember back we had the option to see our posts straight from Quick Links, I miss that.

I have thought about modifying the template to put that back, but it's over-written with each update. I'll keep it in mind though and if I can figure out a reliable way to implement it, I'll bring it to Mac's attention.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about an international section just for different language posts, but it got me thinking.

What about an international/world books subforum? Maybe in the genres section? For translated novels/short stories or foreign authors writing in other languages or locales?