• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Novellas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheddarBug

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm searching for publishers of novellas. Thanks. :)

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd advise you to look in the "Ask an Agent" section. Better yet, consult the Writer's Marketplace for details on who has what word count range.

CheddarBug

Registered
Reaction score
Any genre other than romance (know those) and horror (I tend to fall short here) would be great. :)

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Have you checked out the Submission Grinder? You can search markets by story length and genre, among other specifics. It's also free, so have at it.

Spy_on_the_Inside

Registered
Reaction score
True, your genre is important. Some novel publishers will be willing to consider novellas of one genre, but not others.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Define "novella". Many writers who think they have a novella really have a novel.

CheddarBug

Registered
Reaction score
I have various novellas of different genres. Many of them probably aren't at a point where they can see the light of day, but I hope to eventually rewrite/refine. I'm just looking now to get some ideas.

And they're definitely novellas, only around 30,000 words or so. I know the proper length of novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.