How much do charities pay for their tv slots?

Goldenleaves

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just curious. Do they at least get a special rate? I see so many ads and can't help thinking - how much do they have to pay for these? And it seems some very talented people are doing doing the design, most of them being right up there with Hollywood weepies in tearjerkingness.

Is this all donated work and airspace?

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know which country you're basing this from.

All charities have a budget for media and marketing. And it can cost as little as £1,500 in the UK for I think a 3 month campaign (from what I recall).

ITV in the UKs pricing structure for adverts on tv.

For all the reasons given before, it's impossible to provide exact information on the cost of buying advertising on ITV, so we can only give general guides. These are available to download by clicking on the links on the right:

- Example spot costs shows example costs of advertising on the ITV network and
individual ITV1 regions in different kinds of spot. All costs are based on 30-second commercials, average spot ratings and the year average cost per thousands for 2008. Again, these figures are for historical reference only. Future pricing will be based on timing, market conditions and other factors.

- Example multi-channel costs shows typical costs for a 30-second campaign on ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CiTV and Men & Motors. All prices are based on typical traded discounts off ITV ratecard annual averages.

Link to PDF of example Advert spot costs

Goldenleaves

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that - yes I'm in the UK. The download was really interesting - I'm thinking they can't be paying anything near my regional posted prices for the long looong ads I sometimes see in primetime.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In Australia - it depends. More than half the time it is in fact donated time and talent from all concerned: but there are a few who have more money than they know what to do with, who will spend cash that doesn't really need to be spent.

PM me if you want more details.