5 year old found dead after Amber Alert.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
This is a little too close to home for me as it's not far from where I live. I heard the Amber Alert last night and was praying things would work out, but the story sounded like BS from the beginning.

Apple said the 19-year-old daughter of Kenneth's legal guardians told police two men wearing black ski masks entered a house in the neighboring town of Berne, pinned her to the floor and took the child at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday. She told police the men drove off in a pickup truck, touching off an Amber Alert.

Apple told WGY-AM on Friday morning that investigators determined the teen's story was false. He said detectives were interviewing "a person of interest" who knew the boy, but he gave no other details. More information was expected to be released Friday afternoon.

I couldn't see any reason why someone would break into a home to kidnap a child, a specific child when there are 2 other young children there unless it was the parents. Neither of who had custody. I was hoping 1 of them had hired someone to do it and the kid would be found safe. Looks like it was a fabrication to give cover to whoever killed this poor little boy.

It's just so heartbreaking to see this, what happened in Cairns AU, what happened in Pakistan. It just never fucking ends.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit that when the story broke in my NY state news, it seemed fishy from the get-go. So I'm not surprised it was a lie.

Which makes the fate of this poor little boy no less horrific. I have to wonder more about the family dynamic than the news contains--the parents are not together and neither one is the legal guardian, and the daughter of the legal guardians may be implicated in his death, at a bare minimum having lied to police.

What a world, indeed.

Maryn, heavy heart

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
And just now an Amber Alert for three children in Edmonton. *sigh*

There was a similar Amber Alert in Calgary. Young boy and grandparents went missing. Bodies have not been found but it a business partner of the grandfather has been arrested for the murders. It happened a month after the stabbing massacre in Calgary, resulting in Calgary's murder rate to spike this year.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Update.

Police have arrested a cousin in connection with the death of a 5-year-old Kenneth White of Berne.

Tiffany VanAlstyne, 19, is now charged with second-degree murder.

A K-9 unit searching found White’s body shortly after 9 p.m. on Thursday evening. Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple says the body was not far from the home, in a culvert and covered with snow. The cause of death was asphyxia due to strangulation, along with blunt force trauma.

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
I thought that story was fishy when I first heard it, but I was hoping that I was wrong. I hoped that one of his parents had taken him, but it sounded like a thin story to try to hide a death to me. I never imagined that she had killed him. I imagined that he had choked or something, and she had freaked out. What a sad story.