NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
Day 3..
just started writing a little while ago...may be a bit tired because of work grr. got up to 3236 though so I'm feeling pretty good about it right now. but only 396 words of that was written today (oops) but I'm hoping to get up to 5,000 by midnight.

And VeronicaX, I'm right there with ya. I've written *parts* of a novel, but this is different for me.

vitani

The Tobermory Hamster
Registered
Reaction score
Red or white?

White, please! Cheers! *clinks glass*

May I add that my NaNoWriMo WIP is my first real attempt of writing a novel, so ... if anyone's drinking wine here, please do share! :tongue

Day 3..
just started writing a little while ago...may be a bit tired because of work grr. got up to 3236 though so I'm feeling pretty good about it right now. but only 396 words of that was written today (oops) but I'm hoping to get up to 5,000 by midnight.

And VeronicaX, I'm right there with ya. I've written *parts* of a novel, but this is different for me.

Same story here. I've written bits and pieces before but this is my first attempt at a novel.

And am pretty much the same as you with wordcount measure_in_love - got off to a bad start but hoping to make it up this evening.

Catalyn

Nano'ing....
Registered
Reaction score
Red or white?

Can I be controversial and ask for some pink bubbly?

End of day 3 and I'm at 5866, things are in fact going suspiciously to plan. I need to outline a little further in front, or at least note down some plot directions, because I'm feeling a bit lost on where to go after the next scene.

Congrats to all on the word counts so far :)

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I only got in about 550 words yesterday, so this afternoon I worked to get caught up. I'm up to 4,111 right now and looking forward to another writing session after dinner. I'm hoping to be able to get a little bit ahead by bedtime.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
the ticker on the nano site really freaks me out lol I like seeing how far I've gotten but seeing all that empty space into the abyss that is November is scary haha

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score

Same story here. I've written bits and pieces before but this is my first attempt at a novel.

Great to hear I'm not alone :)

It's definitely a challenge, and I don't know about you guys, but as a big procastinator, the pressure of having to write every day and "stay on track" is good for me. Teaches me a lot!

Chrisla

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I got a to a little over 10,000. Would have done better if I hadn't spent so much time rearranging material, deleting and re-writing. I know that's not the proscribed way to win NaNo, but I'm haunted by my first year. I "won" but my manuscript was a jumbled mess I'm still trying to unwind!

And speaking of wine, I'm sure it will boost my creativity.

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Here you all go. There's more than enough to be had.

pinkchampagne.jpg

Glass-of-white-wine.jpg

On a side note, I met my goals today.
CHEERS!

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Currently at 13,869 total, 5358 today. Not done for the night, but I'm taking a break due to a time shift in the novel that has me stuck

Last edited:

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Currently at 22699. Only 2941 today.

Kzordcid

I rite good
Registered
Reaction score
I just started today-- more like a couple of hours ago (oops!). I managed 857 words, which I'm not at all thrilled with, but I'm hoping to catch up over the next few days. Jealous of you all!

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
I did 2,327 the first day.

I'm at 2,797 now. In my defense, it's still subjectively November 3rd, so I'm only about 2,200 words "behind," and I was busy yesterday and today and was almost falling asleep before I even had a chance to start. Should be caught up by end of Monday though.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at 11,711 words! Now I can go to sleep without being plagued by Nano related guilt. :e2zzz:

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
I'm amazed by what so many of you have already achieved. You guys are churning it out! I'm up to 5057 at the end of Day 4—a little behind, because I had very busy nights on November 1 and 2, but I'm saying NO to absolutely everything I can get out of. And I'm learning to write by the seat of my pants. Haven't done that in ages and it feels good.

I don't drink wine but I'd love a sparkling water with a lime wedge, if there's any about:)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
6k and counting by the end of Day 3. Hoping for 8k minimum by tonight.

Pass the bubbly!

Storm Surge

Surfin'
Registered
Reaction score
Got up to 5552 despite spending most of the day in bed sick.