Mainstream/Literary/Contemporary 2010 NaNoWriMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Other forums have these threads, why not us? Who here is doing NaNo this year?

I am. I've had an idea in my head since this spring, and I've been letting it incubate with NaNo in mind. Call it irony, foreshadowing, fate messing with me, or just plain bad luck, but my summer was less than ideal and now I am able to relate to my characters in a way I didn't want or expect. This might be quite therapeutic for me.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
cool! good luck!

Truth and Fiction

On the tip of my tongue
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauramaylenewalter.com
It's funny, I write almost exclusively literary fiction -- except for my Nano novel (my first Nano attempt), which is middle grade fantasy. Weird, but I'm making a conscious effort to try something new.

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
yep, I'm doing NaNo...my name on the NaNo site is

legaleagle

:)

eva3taylor

Registered
Reaction score
It's funny, I write almost exclusively literary fiction -- except for my Nano novel (my first Nano attempt), which is middle grade fantasy. Weird, but I'm making a conscious effort to try something new.

Same here! I'm writing YA for Nanowrimo. I like taking my time with lit fic and know that it would take more than the month allotted in Nanowrimo to write it the way I want it. Trying something new can be fun!

Truth and Fiction

On the tip of my tongue
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauramaylenewalter.com
Same here! I'm writing YA for Nanowrimo. I like taking my time with lit fic and know that it would take more than the month allotted in Nanowrimo to write it the way I want it. Trying something new can be fun!

Good luck! How is the YA coming along so far? I'm having fun writing my middle grade fantasy, even if I feel a little uncomfortable writing in a genre I don't regularly read right now. Interestingly, though, all the middle-grad/YA fantasy books I read when I was younger seem to come racing back as inspiration/guidance as I write my NaNoWriMo project.

Status
Not open for further replies.