The Geek Chicks Girls' Night Out

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Macbook Air is so shiny. I'd want one just to have one. Just to be able to tell other people I have one, really.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
:D

Oh, where I was looking at fridges happens to be where I got my iPod Shuffle. And they don't actually have any of those anymore... The next cheapest, at the moment, is about $150, so I really lucked out with getting a Shuffle on sale. :)

Is it super geeky of me to want total order to all of my possessions? I had a drawer full of paper stuff, and it was jam-packed, so half an hour ago I decided to reorganise.

So now my 3 songbooks are with my art supplies, my book of total crap that will probably never be used but is still meaningful to me is now with all my Pagan stuff, which I swear will one day be important to me again, and my writing books are now in a much neater drawer (the drawer that used to be too full to be useful).

I also chose 3 notepads and 2 notebooks (empty and unused) for the garage sale.

I'm basically a hoarder who likes having order. :tongue

When I get my own place, I'm going to probably wind up spending 1 night out of every week reorganising, in search of perfect order. *wistful dreamy sigh*

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Is it super geeky of me to want total order to all of my possessions? I had a drawer full of paper stuff, and it was jam-packed, so half an hour ago I decided to reorganise.

So now my 3 songbooks are with my art supplies, my book of total crap that will probably never be used but is still meaningful to me is now with all my Pagan stuff, which I swear will one day be important to me again, and my writing books are now in a much neater drawer (the drawer that used to be too full to be useful).

I also chose 3 notepads and 2 notebooks (empty and unused) for the garage sale.

I'm basically a hoarder who likes having order. :tongue

When I get my own place, I'm going to probably wind up spending 1 night out of every week reorganising, in search of perfect order. *wistful dreamy sigh*

Not alone there lol there's a reason why my other half doesn't like to take me to Office Depot *kid in candy store*

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I am unorganized in RL.

Computer is a different story. Totall File organizing nut here. :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty organised in both computer and real life.

However, when I leave things too long, it suddenly becomes very messy...

My M.O. is to just dump new things wherever and sort them out later. :tongue Except for books, DVDs and CDs - with which I put them in their proper place immediately. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love orderly organization. Problem is, I live with my aunt who loves to put whatever wherever. I organize when she's not looking :)

You and I have the same dream about having our own places, Cliff. Perfect order.

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
A place for everything and everything in its place, otherwise I can never find it. My room is well organized, but my brain? Not so much.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Not alone there lol there's a reason why my other half doesn't like to take me to Office Depot *kid in candy store*

I suppose I shouldn't tell you that my work has a huge room (size of a small apartment) full of office supplies of every variety. Its not even locked, we just get to waltz in and take whatever we want, how much we want, whenever we want.

Not gonna lie, I've stolen a few Post-Its for home...

My co-workers and I joke that whenever we're depressed we go 'stress shopping' in the supply room.
:D

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Asus prime :D

I've heard good things about the Asus. MrMacologist is looking at buying one of those Eee Pad things with keyboard doc for the tablet.

So last night I had a dream that the final four seasons of Stargate SG-1 had been revamped as a musical TV show a la Glee. this all made perfect sense at the time.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Your mind is a strange and wonderous place, Psycho. :D

Morning everyone.

111.jpg

KitCat

Registered
Reaction score
Any relation to Optimus?

Lol i have to admit its hard not to keep using its fullname ("why, yes, i do have the asus transformer prime")

Psycho, yeah thats what this is, an eee pad

(Still learning to type on this thing, forgive the grammar lol)

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
What's the keyboard on something tiny like that like? I have a little netbook, and an iPad, and I couldn't get the hang of typing on either. Had to buy a full-sized bluetooth keyboard.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I can write just fine on a netbook keyboard, but then I have very small hands...

I have an iFone and just can't get the hang of the keyboard because I can't feel the keys (I'm a touch typist). I couldn't type a novel on a touch-screen keyboard, no way no how.

KitCat

Registered
Reaction score
What's the keyboard on something tiny like that like? I have a little netbook, and an iPad, and I couldn't get the hang of typing on either. Had to buy a full-sized bluetooth keyboard.

I'm using the onscreen keyboard for now, which has a bit of a learning curve with hitting the right places. The docks for it look fairly nice though, a little smaller than the actual size of my laptop keyboard but not by much.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I love the iPhone keyboard, at least when it's turned landscape. Portrait orientation, not so much.

Though, now I have to go change the background of it all into SD Gundams, after all this robot talk. I am tempted to make the iPhone the SD version of the iPad's background.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I bought Baby Mama today, on sale. :)

Haven't watched it yet, but it's next on my list, when I eventually retire for the day. It's only 2pm, so I should probably try to get some more things done before letting myself wind down.

I know that once I pop in a DVD, it's pretty much the end of productivity for the day.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I got a new printer and Arrested Development, just before we plowed into a moose on the way home.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Bri - I'm sorry.

Are you okay? Is the car? (doubts the moose is).

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
The moose is I have no idea but probably ok, we're fine, the car is not fine.

I'm going to be ouch in the morning, I can tell.

But new printer! I like the new printer.