delete please - problem resolved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, you've all helped ease my silly worrying! Going to delete this now :)

Last edited:

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Possibly you're worrying too much. Some emergency or other might've come up at the office. Perhaps the person drawing up the contract had other priorities before they could get to yours. Who knows? (I'm speaking from no experience whatsoever, so take it with a pinch of salt, lol.)

Anyway, I really just wanted to pop into your thread and congratulate you on the agent interest. That's brill, Amy! :D (Now I want to know the agent. Rep me!)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Give her another week or so then nudge her for the contract. But don't worry.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
It's not unusual for agents to say "I'll get back to you tomorrow" and then have to wait a week or more. Things come up. She was traveling, too.

Give it a little time and don't worry too much. It's not unusual.

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with the others. Don't worry. A few days won't hurt. Even if it was a few weeks, I still don't think that's a big deal. When it's a month or months, then that's different. You are nowhere near that. Congrats again!!! I am totally impatient too so I know waiting can be grueling. You're in a good place so no worries!

BethKLewis

not sure...
Registered
Reaction score
It's only been a week. Don't panic. It took a while for my agent to send the contract and another week after than for his editorial comments. This is a slow process. The agent won't have changed her mind. They don't offer representation lightly or on a whim.

You've got yourself an agent, congratulations! Now work on the next book while you're waiting :)

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
First off, congratulations!! :). And like the others said, don't worry--if she's putting together notes on the book, that might take a few days. Plus, like Aggy says, if she's traveling things might take longer than usual.

Enjoy the moment, and congrats again!

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
As others have said: don't panic, just wait it out, and congratulations on the offer of rep. :D

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had people take longer to do something than they said, when they are the ones who would benefit from a quick response. Stuff happens. Busy days happen. Flu happens.

Whimsigirl

wishin' and hopin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethlimbooks.com
It's only Wednesday!! Relax, things come up, especially if she was traveling.

I'd check back next Monday if you haven't heard anything. Congrats!

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
In agent, or editor, speak, "Tomorrow sometimes ,means tomorrow, and sometimes means the twenty-third of month after next. Be patient, don't pester, and wait it out.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
If she said all those things, she definitely wants to work with you. It's highly doubtful she would change her mind on a whim. Something else obviously came up that demanded her attention. Agents are extremely busy people. Just give her time - she WILL get back to you :)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I assume all deadlines on the other side of publishing are soft (deadlines on my side are set in stone).

And as a constant traveler, I can say with certainty that you can be fully committed to calling or e-mailing someone when you get home/to the hotel while you're at the airport, on a plane, or in the car, but it is so easy to have everything vacate your brain by the time you crash at your hotel or home.

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And as a constant traveler, I can say with certainty that you can be fully committed to calling or e-mailing someone when you get home/to the hotel while you're at the airport, on a plane, or in the car, but it is so easy to have everything vacate your brain by the time you crash at your hotel or home.

Say, should you really be using that word in this context? :D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It's just as good as my texting my parents, "The plane is down," when I landed once ;)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Lady A, please don't delete your posts once you've got the help you need. It prevents others from benefiting from the advice given, and turns conversations into a nonsense.

We don't delete threads here, but we do sometimes lock them. I'll lock this one as now you've deleted your comments it's no use to anyone: but next time, please respect our other members and leave your comments intact. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.